Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• Marker
    • By Marker 18th Jun 08, 10:48 AM
    • 3,047Posts
    • 3,968Thanks
    Military discount thread (MERGED) Please post all discounts here!
    • 18th Jun 08, 10:48 AM
    Military discount thread (MERGED) Please post all discounts here! 18th Jun 08 at 10:48 AM
    Am looking to go to Florida next year August or September time. Would like to fly into Sanford or Intl. Only want one week doing all the disney and seaworld things but wanted to know where the best place to book everything from as will have military discount as well.

Any ideas appreciated.

This Forum Tip was included in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

Last edited by MSE Deborah; 28-10-2008 at 7:17 PM.
    99.9% of my posts include sarcasm!
    Touch my bum
    Tesco - £1000 , Carpet - £20, Barclaycard - £50, HSBC - £50 + Car - £1700
    SAVED =£0
    Debts - £2850
Page 10
    • Alias_Omega
    • By Alias_Omega 30th Nov 12, 12:30 PM
    • 7,096 Posts
    • 3,809 Thanks
    Posts #182/183 merged into this thread from the Main Forum.

• r sands
    armed forces cheaper ski holidays
    Armed services discounts are available at easypirin dot com
  • r sands
    Does anyone know if hive do discounts for permenant civilian contractors?
  • LookinForaBargain
    Mens Fashion: Armed Services Discount
    20% Discount at Smart

Armed Services Personnel can receive 20% discount at men's fashion retailer Smart Smart Turnout is a luxury fashion company with military roots and styling. It's quite cool.

They have a London store in Picadilly but not sure if the code works there. You will have to ask.

Code: MILITARY20

Go to:

• jonnybrignal
    Military Discount Site
    My experience with military discount - if you don't ask you don't get!

Seem to be more and more sites out there aggregating discounts... google "troopscout" - they've got a pretty good database of deals
    • vic_sf49
    • By vic_sf49 23rd Feb 13, 7:27 PM
    • 138 Posts
    • 112 Thanks
    Miniature Medals
    After searching numerous websites, I found these were the cheapest by far for miniatures (£4 ea + p&p), and thought over savvy savers might want to save a few quid:
  • Xion
    A good military discount site is or
    Both seem to have lots of proper discounts..might be able to help with Disney??
  • slimmjimm
    Does anyone know if any mobile phone companies give military discount?
    Does anyone know if any mobile phone companies give military discount?
    Originally posted by slimmjimm
    Sorry for a late reply, i have only just seen this. Vodafone offer 20% to serving members or family members. A great discount to your bill but you have to apply within 30 days of taking out a contract.
    Better to understand a little than to misunderstand a lot.
  • goonermiller
    Royal Ascot
    2 for 1 on the 19th june for royal ascot
    promo code Military13 but spaces are limited
  • lancedal
    Defence discount card
    I have the card from defenc!!!!!!!!!!ervice.
    This is the official one backed by the Government Armed services Covenant. (Not to be confused with similar ones.)

Going up to the Army Widows AGM , I noticed at least TWO motorway service stations with big signs on the entrance stating that they supported the Forces and gave a discount to anyone carrying the Defence discount service card.

This has your name and status on it so can also be used as POI. You also get a card that gives you 10% discount at Iceland shops.
    Last edited by lancedal; 24-06-2013 at 7:45 PM. Reason: spelling
    • GlamGirlie
    • By GlamGirlie 9th Aug 13, 10:28 AM
    • 402 Posts
    • 243 Thanks
    Kuoni discount for armed forces
    Hi all,

I've not looked if anyone else has posted this, so if you have, apologies.

Just to let you know, I've just found out that Kuoni Travel offers a discount for armed forces and also for the Police.

I believe it's between 5% and 7% so not massive but every little helps!
    I am employed as a manager in a financial services institution. My views are entirely my own.
  • haggis4
    Kuoni Discount
    HI, the forces discount for Kuoni is 10%. Just booked a cracking last minute deal!
    Car Payment = £7500/£7500
    Savings = £
    Premium Bonds = £1200
    Mortgage Overpayments = £0/£
    • ICATQ
    • By ICATQ 17th Nov 13, 8:33 AM
    • 581 Posts
    • 556 Thanks
    If you register your Oyster card you with your Forces rail card you get discount on each journey.
    • markstev27
    • By markstev27 25th Mar 14, 12:10 PM
    • 124 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Does anyone know of anywhere that offers discounts on Laptops for Armed Forces? Any good deals?
    • sillyinthepast
    • By sillyinthepast 28th Mar 14, 2:00 PM
    • 216 Posts
    • 1,853 Thanks
    A few years ago we gout a PCM from dell and they gave us 10% forces discount.
    • in_the_Cotswolds
    • By in_the_Cotswolds 20th Apr 14, 11:16 PM
    • 674 Posts
    • 319 Thanks
    Apple do Forces discounts on their products.

• Chris0Tron
    Might be worth giving the Apple EEP phone number a call and seeing what their latest prices are.

Call 0800 048 0408 and quote 'Forces Discount EPP' for todays discount price

• Chris0Tron
    I always tend to have a look around the Forces Discount website, especially their travel discounts as I have saved a good few quid from there in the past:

Happy saving
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,217Posts Today

7,639Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • While I oft bemoan Xmas being a retail festival. It's strange today many are bitter that shops are REDUCING prices, usually its the opposite

• And leave people held hostage to high Xmas prices? Our tradition was Xmas discounts spread in Nov/Dec not on one day

• John Lewis website is down - its price matching black friday deals. Maybe its a good day to buy cheap extra servers?

• Follow Martin