Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 22
    • zcrat41
    • By zcrat41 20th Nov 12, 5:56 PM
    • 1,312 Posts
    • 3,653 Thanks
    zcrat41
    Quick question
    Ladies, having a little pregnancy panic, wondered what you think. I'm supposed to be having lasange that I'd had frozen in the freezer. I made it before I was pg with Quark and tesco low fat cream cheese but I can't tell if
    A) they're pasteurized and
    B) If they'll be ok after being frozen.

Other option is a McDonalds and I've not been that healthy recently so I want the lasange to work!
  • Helen2k8
    Quark etc fine in terms of pasteurising, not sure about freezing! They'll be safe I reckon, perhaps just odd texture?

I would try the lasagne
    General geekery on food - growing it, rearing it, eating it. With other oddities thrown in the mix
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #6 Bunny boiler and string hoarder
    • mrsmortenharket
    • By mrsmortenharket 21st Nov 12, 11:24 AM
    • 2,063 Posts
    • 20,588 Thanks
    mrsmortenharket
    Any tips on getting sticky tape marks off uPvc window frames. Have used white vinegar and cif. Neither have worked.
    These sticky bits may have been there since last Xmas!

Thanks

Lisa x
    • Justamum
    • By Justamum 21st Nov 12, 11:25 AM
    • 4,674 Posts
    • 35,879 Thanks
    Justamum
    Any tips on getting sticky tape marks off uPvc window frames. Have used white vinegar and cif. Neither have worked.
    These sticky bits may have been there since last Xmas!

Thanks

Lisa x
    Originally posted by mrsmortenharket
    I'm sure I've read somewhere that WD40 works. I haven't tried it myself yet though - I will before we move out of this house though!

• mrsmortenharket
    • By mrsmortenharket 21st Nov 12, 11:28 AM
    • 2,063 Posts
    • 20,588 Thanks
    mrsmortenharket
    Thanks justamum x
    • Justamum
    • By Justamum 21st Nov 12, 11:49 AM
    • 4,674 Posts
    • 35,879 Thanks
    Justamum
    Thanks justamum x
    If you do try it I'd be interested to know how you get on. Apparently WD40 is like a miracle in a spray can judging by the list of things it can be used for

• mrsmortenharket
    • By mrsmortenharket 21st Nov 12, 12:45 PM
    • 2,063 Posts
    • 20,588 Thanks
    mrsmortenharket
    Ahh, it hasn't worked!

The sticky will have to stay for now!
    • Justamum
    • By Justamum 21st Nov 12, 1:00 PM
    • 4,674 Posts
    • 35,879 Thanks
    Justamum
    Ahh, it hasn't worked!

The sticky will have to stay for now!
    When I was a child plasters used to stick to skin much better than they do now (they seem to slip off as soon as they get wet these days). To get the sticky residue of skin my mum had a bottle of Zoff. No idea what was in it, but you can get these http://www.stjohnsupplies.co.uk/products/default.asp?productId=F11422 They might work, but are probably a bit expensive.

For some reason you can't get the liquid in the UK any more - but it's still available in Australia?! https://www.medshop.com.au/smith-nephew-zoff-adhesive-remover-liquid.html

• Savvy_Sue
    • By Savvy_Sue 22nd Nov 12, 12:13 AM
    • 36,299 Posts
    • 32,459 Thanks
    Savvy_Sue
    Lakeland do a dedicated 'thing' for removing sticky marks, which is meant to be very good.

What are the sticky marks, sellotape or similar?
    I'm a Board Guide on the Cutting Tax; Charities; Small Biz & Charity Organisers; and Silver Savers boards, which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. However, do remember, Board Guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts.

Any views are mine and are not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
    Still knitting! Cardigan ALMOST there!
    • Eenymeeny
    • By Eenymeeny 22nd Nov 12, 10:14 AM
    • 1,674 Posts
    • 6,028 Thanks
    Eenymeeny
    A dab of mayonaise? the oil seeps into labels and takes them straight off usually. I'm surprised that WD40 didn't work, maybe you need to 'break' the glossy surface with the rough side of a sponge scourer first?
    The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you.
    Thanks to everyone who contributes to this wonderful forum. I'm very grateful for the guidance and friendliness that I always receive from you.
    • mrsmortenharket
    • By mrsmortenharket 23rd Nov 12, 6:45 PM
    • 2,063 Posts
    • 20,588 Thanks
    mrsmortenharket
    The sticky residue is Sellotape.

I am ignoring it for now!

Thanks for the replies

Lisa x
    • Need2bthrifty
    • By Need2bthrifty 28th Nov 12, 4:53 PM
    • 860 Posts
    • 7,425 Thanks
    Need2bthrifty
    Lemons
    I have just started a batch of limoncello, but now that I have taken the rind off the lemons I suspect they wont last very long in the fridge without drying out/going off

I have used up 4 making a batch of lemon curd (run out of butter & eggs now) but I still have a few lemons left - do you think the juice from the remainder would freeze OK or will it lose some of it's flavour? - I thought I would save it to make a lemon sorbet for around Christmas/New Year time.

Thanks in anticipation

N2BT
    April Grocery Challenge = 00.00/60.00 - NSD 0/30
    • Justamum
    • By Justamum 28th Nov 12, 5:03 PM
    • 4,674 Posts
    • 35,879 Thanks
    Justamum
    do you think the juice from the remainder would freeze OK or will it lose some of it's flavour?
    Originally posted by Need2bthrifty
    It will be fine. I've frozen lemon juice in ice cube containers before now and it's been fine. I've even frozen whole lemons for making marmalade and they've also been fine - in fact I'd say I got more juice out of them after thawing.

• Need2bthrifty
    • By Need2bthrifty 28th Nov 12, 5:19 PM
    • 860 Posts
    • 7,425 Thanks
    Need2bthrifty
    It will be fine. I've even frozen whole lemons for making marmalade and they've also been fine - in fact I'd say I got more juice out of them after thawing.
    Originally posted by Justamum
    Wow....thanks Justamum...I think I may just try freezing them as they are - without the rind, Thank you
    April Grocery Challenge = 00.00/60.00 - NSD 0/30
  • x__Indigo_x
    Helppppp

M&s had 750g mixed veg (carrots broccoli and coliflour ) reduced to 10p
    I'd like to make a soup can anyone give me a recipe
    Do I need an onion?? I have garlic and stock cubes at home

Also I have left over roast chicken could I bung that in? X

Please reply quick!!! *hopes*
    Last edited by x__Indigo_x; 28-11-2012 at 5:31 PM.
    I am a full time Debt Adviser and I LOVE my job <3
    Comments posted on this forum do not reflect the views of my employer

Please note forum police I suffer from dyslexia so my spelling and grammar can be dreadful- sorry but I cant help it!
    • Eenymeeny
    • By Eenymeeny 29th Nov 12, 9:23 AM
    • 1,674 Posts
    • 6,028 Thanks
    Eenymeeny
    You've probably sorted it out now but I would fry a chopped onion, add a couple of pints of hot stock. (I use those veg stockpot things, cheap in HB) then drop in the mixed veg. Simmer for about 30 mins until veg is soft then liquidise. I always add garlic near the end of cooking as I think it gets a chemically flavour if overcooked. Salt and pepper to taste.
    You could add some chicken (with chicken stock?) but I would use it for sandwiches to eat with the soup.
    If you check out the soup recipe thread you'll find a lot more ideas.
    PS. If you were just in a hurry to use up the veg in case they went off. I've popped them into the freezer in the bag, until I have more time.
    The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you.
    Thanks to everyone who contributes to this wonderful forum. I'm very grateful for the guidance and friendliness that I always receive from you.
    • Savvy_Sue
    • By Savvy_Sue 30th Nov 12, 10:49 AM
    • 36,299 Posts
    • 32,459 Thanks
    Savvy_Sue
    The sticky residue is Sellotape.

I am ignoring it for now!
    good plan ... anyway, I'd say don't use a scouring pad or anything scratchy, or you may damage the finish on the UPVC, if there is still some sellotape there then scrape that off with a thumbnail. You may then find that a 'little and often' approach does the trick.

But if you are near a Lakeland, or want to do a mail order, then do try their sticky stuff remover because if it doesn't work they WILL refund you! I've linked to the spray, they also do wipes, and a gel kit.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Cutting Tax; Charities; Small Biz & Charity Organisers; and Silver Savers boards, which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. However, do remember, Board Guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts.

• tessie bear
    • By tessie bear 14th Dec 12, 2:31 PM
    • 4,178 Posts
    • 26,963 Thanks
    tessie bear
    can i freeze a pot of double cream ?? thanks
    Last edited by tessie bear; 14-12-2012 at 3:13 PM.
    on the brink...
    • Savvy_Sue
    • By Savvy_Sue 14th Dec 12, 10:43 PM
    • 36,299 Posts
    • 32,459 Thanks
    Savvy_Sue
    can i freeze a pot of double cream ?? thanks
    Originally posted by tessie bear
    yes, but ... what do you plan to do with it when you defrost it? It might curdle / separate.

• tessie bear
    • By tessie bear 16th Dec 12, 7:27 PM
    • 4,178 Posts
    • 26,963 Thanks
    tessie bear
    yes, but ... what do you plan to do with it when you defrost it? It might curdle / separate.
    Originally posted by Savvy_Sue
    i was going to make potatoes baked in it....cant remeber the name...i have put the cream in the freezer to give it a go as it only cost 30p...thanks for your help
    on the brink...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

258Posts Today

1,349Users online

Martin's Twitter