Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    MSE Martin
    Free Personal Plumbing Info.
    • 31st May 05, 1:56 PM
    Free Personal Plumbing Info. 31st May 05 at 1:56 PM
    Plumbing is too expensive. Especially as some of it, but not all, can be done ourselves. So to help out Ian Puddick (media plumber - ie he appears doing plumbing on some radio & TV progs!) has agreed to answer your questions on here for free.

(QUICK NOTE: My throw away line in the tip about plumbers charging a fortune has offended some. So let me say yes there are some rip-off plumbers, but there are of course good guys too. Apologies if i offended the latter!)

Of course there's never something for nothing, so I have agreed to tell you that his website is http://www.leakbusters.net well fair is fair and it lets you know who you're dealing with.

How does it work?

Click reply to ask your question, and then over the next few days, Ian will come along at various times and answer as many as he can.

Please do not get into discussion on this thread (all off topic posts will be deleted) this is simply for asking questions.

What type of questions?

Anything on plumbing, though of course sometimes there will be things only someone qualified should do.

Personally I want to know "how do you find your stopcock?"

The Obligatory Disclaimer

This is a thread for info, questions and general discussion. Before taking any action you should always ensure it is correct for you in your circumstances. Neither MoneySavingExpert.com nor Ian Puddick take any responsibility or are liable for any accidents, problems or damage cause by correctly or incorrectly using the information in this thread.

IMPORTANT UPDATE 18 June 2005

There was such huge demand for this, with so many questions, we've turned the Q&A into a full article

To read the answers go to Plumbing MasterClass: sort your pipes out for free!
    Last edited by MSE Martin; 15-06-2005 at 7:21 PM.
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.

Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.

Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,292Posts Today

6,708Users online

Martin's Twitter