MSE News: TalkTalk raises line rental AGAIN

Options
"The hikes will be the second in eight months when the majority come into force on 1 January. ..."
Read the full story:
TalkTalk raises line rental AGAIN

OfficialStamp.gif

Comments

• Pincher
    Pincher Posts: 6,552 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thank heavens I left about two years ago.
    As soon as they took over Tiscali, about three years ago, I knew the party was over. Tiscali Max, Rest In Peace. You and E.On FixOnline 8 were the best tariff of my Life. I shall never find your match again.
  • jobdone1
    jobdone1 Posts: 841 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    This is why this country is struggling to get much better growth. Yes agreed todays figures are in the eyes of the goverment good but if utility companies and alike keep having above inflation regular risess then we the worker stand very little chance of have a disposable income. What makes me laugh is inflation going down sounds all bent and corrupt to me.
  • zerog
    zerog Posts: 2,478 Forumite
    Options
    Is the value line rental also increasing?
  • Ectophile
    Ectophile Posts: 7,331 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just like the energy companies - if one announces a price rise, the rest all follow suit. And at the end of it all, the differences between their prices are just pennies.
    If it sticks, force it.
    If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.
  • diamonds
    diamonds Posts: 6,048 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    When will Ofcom stop this cartel ? It has forced BT Wholesale line rental prices down year on year hoping that will be passed onto consumers, it has not, we are being raped with Ofcom consent.
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • merlot123
    Options
    Interesting to read you can exit your contract early within 30 days of notification of the rise in charges, I tried that last time and Talk Talk swore blind I couldn't leave, I couldn't find it on the Talk Talk website.

I have used many ISP over the years and Talk Talk is shocking for customer service and for the internet constantly dropping.

I certainly will try again and leave the contract early, just wish I could speak to someone in the UK rather than George at an overseas call centre who insist on calling me Madam:mad:
  • NittyGritty
    Options
    quick question when is the "30 days notifaction period" ? is it now or when you recieve a letter from them, if so when are they being sent out? or is it 30 days before 1st of jan?
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Good time to jump ship
  • amiehall
    amiehall Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    Options
    I presume if you use their line rental saver, there's no extra to pay for the year?
    Sealed Pot Challenge #239
    Virtual Sealed Pot #131
    Save 12k in 2014 #98 £3690/£6000
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    LRS is a fixed pricedeal for 12m, so no increase there if you have already paid it.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport