IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Clickworker
Views: 44,791
# 121
Pstcco
Old 28-09-2012, 11:01 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Hi guys,

I scored pretty low on the author test, does this mean I will never get any work? From what I understand the total workload is also decreasing
Reply With Quote Report Post
# 122
bulktrans
Old 29-09-2012, 10:38 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

hello all, I am new to this thread .. can anyone give me a brief overview about clickworker ..also how do I reg? thnx
# 123
MacsReturns
Old 30-09-2012, 10:35 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pstcco View Post
Hi guys,

I scored pretty low on the author test, does this mean I will never get any work? From what I understand the total workload is also decreasing
Most jobs need a 90% rating. I have seen some open to 75% rating, but nothing below that.

@bulktrans - either plough through the whole thread here or try the Clickworker FAQ. Registration is easy but you should have a couple of hours spare if you want to take the tests to qualify for work. Hope this helps.
# 124
movingon
Old 30-09-2012, 11:04 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

There is no work right now it seems anyway
# 125
MacsReturns
Old 12-10-2012, 5:42 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Default Is it just me...

... or has no-one else seen any writing jobs on CW since the beginning of the month, either?
# 126
SarahCarer
Old 14-10-2012, 7:30 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Not just you, nope.
The Following User Says Thank You to SarahCarer For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 127
MacsReturns
Old 18-10-2012, 7:48 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Groupon texts are back
# 128
SarahCarer
Old 19-10-2012, 7:02 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Can anyone give any insider info on groupon texts? Cheers
# 129
MacsReturns
Old 19-10-2012, 8:17 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahCarer View Post
Can anyone give any insider info on groupon texts? Cheers
They're pretty easy to do if you follow the example given, though some of the topics can be less than exciting and fitting in some of the keywords needs a master's degree in verbal origami

Once you get into the swing of it you can chug through them, but it is a bit tedious compared to TB jobs. It's rare to need any research as it's easy enough to use up the word count on generalities.

ETA: try to keep your 'vices' under control - the tedium can make chocolate, biscuits, cigarettes, coffee, wine etc disappear at frightening rates ...
# 130
SarahCarer
Old 19-10-2012, 8:49 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Thanks for the heads up, I've just done a batch of 'world wide' ones. And I'm nearly up to hourly minimum wage I reckon! Yay go me!
# 131
MacsReturns
Old 19-10-2012, 9:38 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

That's not bad going

I've done a few of those events, and found them quite interesting to research, what with camel fairs, street art festivals and the mobile phone chucking olympics

A nice bit of light relief from Groupon, anyway.
# 132
kiss_me_now9
Old 09-12-2012, 10:40 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Although this thread isn't very active any more I was wondering if I could get a little help.

I'm going a Groupon task for cheap beauty deals in Sheffield (keyword combo one) where keyword two is beauty. However, keyword one needs to feature 4 times and keyword two can only be featured once?! It's impossible! It's the only task up atm that I can do so I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this? The forums for CW are less than useless
No. 20 in the VSPC, No. 1427 in the sealed pot challenge. (Pot opening date: 01/07/2013)
Psychology graduate, hopeful OT student in the next few years!

# 133
movingon
Old 10-12-2012, 8:32 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Hi, if its not too late, take a screen shot of what you have done so far and send it to clickworker support. If its too late and the job is gone, hopefully you have it saved in word or something similar. Send an email to support with the job number and explain the problem as above. They will either credit the fee to your account, or change the keywords and release it to you again and you can then copy and paste the text you have saved in word.
# 134
miwa
Old 15-12-2012, 1:10 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

I signed up, went through the English assessment, then wrote a sample text for review. I just got that sample text review back, and I scored 0. That's out of 100. The reason? Plagiarism.

I am obviously gonna hastily add I did NOT steal from any website, article, magazine, ect ect. I wrote the sample text - a movie summary, as it happens, and I chose the movie "Submarine" - very carefully and researched the date it was released, runtime, director, lead actor ect. in order to score highly, as I made 3 dumb mistakes on the English test beforehand and only scored a 97%. I wanted to try and recoup those points. Guess that backfired...

Any advice? Worth contacting them? I have 0.10 euros on account from saying I heard of their site through here, won't be sorely missed...

Last edited by miwa; 15-12-2012 at 1:12 AM.
# 135
kiss_me_now9
Old 15-12-2012, 3:11 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by miwa View Post
I signed up, went through the English assessment, then wrote a sample text for review. I just got that sample text review back, and I scored 0. That's out of 100. The reason? Plagiarism.

I am obviously gonna hastily add I did NOT steal from any website, article, magazine, ect ect. I wrote the sample text - a movie summary, as it happens, and I chose the movie "Submarine" - very carefully and researched the date it was released, runtime, director, lead actor ect. in order to score highly, as I made 3 dumb mistakes on the English test beforehand and only scored a 97%. I wanted to try and recoup those points. Guess that backfired...

Any advice? Worth contacting them? I have 0.10 euros on account from saying I heard of their site through here, won't be sorely missed...
Contact them, I got a 50% on my first one and I emailed complaining, they let me have another go.

I redid my English test today, got 97% and they won't accept that as a pass mark it is annoying but if you can get into the site, the pay is worth it.
No. 20 in the VSPC, No. 1427 in the sealed pot challenge. (Pot opening date: 01/07/2013)
Psychology graduate, hopeful OT student in the next few years!

# 136
miwa
Old 15-12-2012, 5:04 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiss_me_now9 View Post
Contact them, I got a 50% on my first one and I emailed complaining, they let me have another go.

I redid my English test today, got 97% and they won't accept that as a pass mark it is annoying but if you can get into the site, the pay is worth it.
Thanks for the advice, I sent them an angry email, not sure what good it'll do but I did feel better afterwards.

Good luck on your test...
# 137
miwa
Old 18-12-2012, 5:26 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

I had to redo my assessment and recieved a score of 33% (!). Think I'll stick to textbroker.
# 138
googler
Old 19-12-2012, 10:18 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

For those above who said scores were zero, this is on one of the FAQs;

"I’ve finished the “Qualify as an author for … text writing”. Why is the result score still zero?

Some assessments require manual scoring by our team. As you can imagine, manual scoring takes time. In those instances you might experience a delay of up to two weeks. Of course, it is in our own interest to score your assessment as soon as possible, since we do need all the help we can get servicing the projects of our clients."

Does this explain the situation away?
# 139
carbootcrazy
Old 11-01-2013, 4:06 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Hi

Sorry if this has been covered before but I have come over here from the Textbroker thread.

I'd be very grateful if a helpful soul could give a quick resume of the pros and cons of Clickworker. I haven't signed up for Textbroker either yet (today was the first time I'd even heard of it) and wonder which would be best. I have limited time but really need to make every minute count towards earning a bit extra to pay off my debts. I appreciate that these writing sites are not 'get rich' schemes but every little helps.

Thanks for your time
# 140
SarahCarer
Old 23-01-2013, 10:21 AM
MoneySaving Convert

I'm fed up with this lot, the hit apps page is ridiculous, second time I've been timed out of a task with no send button!! That means no payment! This is recent though because they have been fine in the past, I'm not a regular user of clickworker.... So I'm not sure if this is a blip or a general trend?