Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    arthurfowler
    Distance selling and reserve and collect
    • 24th Sep 12, 9:44 AM
    Distance selling and reserve and collect 24th Sep 12 at 9:44 AM
    Hello, am i covered under the distance selling regulations if I reserve and collect online?

The only thing i could find was this which mentions a 'commitment to buy' - so what's defined as a commitment to buy?

Distance Selling Regulations do apply to click and collect as long as you have agreed a contract at a distance. In other words, if you commit to make a purchase when you confirm your order online, you are covered under the regulations.
    If on the other hand you reserve goods online, and do not commit to buy them online, you are not covered under the regulations.
    There are some exemptions from the Distance Selling Regulations, notably if you order something to be custom made or personalised, you probably wont be entitled to a refund. Perishable items are often excluded too.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,423Posts Today

8,173Users online

Martin's Twitter