Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Essential Money > Credit Cards > New Luma credit card ? (Page 2)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
New Luma credit card ?
Views: 102,965
# 21
jasonwatkins
Old 25-08-2012, 5:00 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichL74 View Post
That's about as helpful to you as a poke in the eye isn't it?!
a poke in the eye with a fish finger
Reply With Quote Report Post
# 22
BrandNewYear
Old 27-08-2012, 5:45 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

how does the deposit have to be paid? By cheque? By account transfer?
# 23
reclusive46
Old 27-08-2012, 5:53 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonwatkins View Post
just applied over the phone and got a 'no decision' which likely means a rejection. oh well ..
Actually there instant decision thing does not work on weekends. It says on there website Monday to Friday up to 5PM I think (Not sure on time really).

So applying on the weekend will mean it will wait until the next working day for it to give a decision.
The Following User Says Thank You to reclusive46 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 24
jasonwatkins
Old 27-08-2012, 8:02 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by reclusive46 View Post
Actually there instant decision thing does not work on weekends. It says on there website Monday to Friday up to 5PM I think (Not sure on time really).

So applying on the weekend will mean it will wait until the next working day for it to give a decision.
Interesting. I still expect a rejection, but we'll see.
# 25
Lulee36
Old 31-08-2012, 2:28 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quick service applied online and 3 days later pin arrived
# 26
lilpete
Old 01-09-2012, 10:52 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Angry Already with Capital One?

hi all, my first post
I just wanted to say that despite their literature on the website, if you apply and you already have a Capital One card, they will cancel your application.
When I spoke to the not-so-knowledgeable offshore call centre, the gentleman told me that my application had been cancelled. Not declined but cancelled. I told him that had no meaning to me and to explain, he tried but still made no sense so I asked to speak with someone else. The manager came on the phone and told me that it was due to Capital One's internal lending policy that the application was cancelled and I stated that made no sense to me either. I said an application can be accepted or declined but cancelled means you dealt with it as if I hadn't applied at all (despite the credit check on my file) He told me that the application was cancelled as Capital One's internal lending policy states that you can not hold more than one card with them, as I already have another card with them, I couldn't have the Luma. (I have held my Capital One account for 8 years or so, have never missed a payment) I said that the Luma website says you can have a card even if you have a Capital One card and said I'd like to make a formal complaint. I'm expecting a call from the UK team on Monday. Isn't it annoying when companies say one thing and do another?!?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lilpete For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 27
Lulee36
Old 01-09-2012, 7:03 PM
MoneySaving Convert

I have a progress card and classic card and accepted for a luma card with 1500 limit
The Following User Says Thank You to Lulee36 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 28
Sarah091107
Old 01-09-2012, 9:34 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

I've got a Luma card, just got my acceptance letter this morning. I was a bankrupt in 2008, discharged 2009, part of the bankruptcy was a Capital one loan and a Capital One credit card!! I see someone's already said on here, this is something to do with Granite/Vanquis which I've had for year or so now and have been "good" with that, always paying on time and having regular increases. I'm wanting to take advantage of the no interest period on the Luma until Jan to move my Vanquis balance but just thought I'd mention, I never thought I'd get one with my history, obviously you never know!!
# 29
robndee08
Old 02-09-2012, 10:46 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Hi its my first time posting on this site, but i applied online for the new luma credit card.(i do already have a capital one classic card) Got a letter saying we are delighted to tell you we have accepted you application and to send back the signed credit agreement.
I done that and today i phoned them and now they saying it is in the final checks and i will hear something in the next 7-10 working days.
Now i dont see how they can send me a letter of being accepted and now saying they doing checks.
# 30
Lulee36
Old 02-09-2012, 11:18 AM
MoneySaving Convert

When I applied they just sent me a pun number 3 days later and an email with log on details yo set up Internet access where I could view my limit etc
# 31
~Chameleon~
Old 06-09-2012, 2:41 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulee36 View Post
When I applied they just sent me a pun number 3 days later and an email with log on details yo set up Internet access where I could view my limit etc
How long did it take for the card to arrive after you got your PIN?
You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time.
# 32
MrSilk
Old 06-09-2012, 3:08 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Thumbs down

My application too got cancelled, thought I was going mad because I swore I read on the website that it states you could apply, even if you have a Capital One credit card. extremely misleading
The Following User Says Thank You to MrSilk For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 33
benroles
Old 06-09-2012, 3:17 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Wrong reply to thread... sorry!
# 34
jasonwatkins
Old 06-09-2012, 8:25 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Turned down for mine .. meh ..
# 35
Lulee36
Old 06-09-2012, 9:53 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Chameleon~ View Post
How long did it take for the card to arrive after you got your PIN?
It's about 5 days from the pin arriving
The Following User Says Thank You to Lulee36 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 36
robndee08
Old 07-09-2012, 7:09 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

spoke to luma yesterday and been told ive been accepeted and will get my pin next week. and i do already have a capital one classic card with them. takes a long time for the card i aint getting that till the 24sep.
The Following User Says Thank You to robndee08 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 37
premiere100
Old 11-09-2012, 9:10 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Already a Cap One customer.

Applied for Luma online and it went through it's initial checks, assessment and credit checks etc and then came up with thanks, please sign the agreement here and your card will be sent.

A few days later, I got a letter stating, thanks for applying and sorry but you do not meet our acceptance criteria. Very strange because I checked and I do.
The Following User Says Thank You to premiere100 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 38
dakkan
Old 12-09-2012, 7:57 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Hello All,
I thought I should share my experience as well... I do have cap one progress card for 2 years and 2 months, It started with 300 limit... and I received only one time credit limit increase on 5th month to 800.. Since then they never increased my credit limit for the past 18 months.
After reading post here I decided to apply on 4th Sept for Luma credit card, During online application I got usual ticks and signing online credit agreement and then message that they will need to perform addition check etc..
I called customer service yesterday and advised that card has been approved and decision was made on 10th September.. The guy said the pin followed by card will arrive soon by so and so dates.
Finally I asked what the credit limit will be... and he said as its a new card I will start with 200 credit limit. Then I said to myself WTF just 200??? Not happy at all.
I dont know how few people got decent initial credit limit.
I dont have any adverse information on my file.. except enormous searches which brought my Credit score right down I believe.
Therefore, its not true that your cap one application will be cancelled if you already have one as long as you hold the card for more than 6 months.

Thanks for reading
The Following User Says Thank You to dakkan For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 39
mush1989
Old 13-09-2012, 1:32 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Hello

I applied oneline after rec my monthly news letter from the site. It said it would be making a decision and I thought I would not be accepted... turns out I have been. On Tuesday after work I rec a letter with my pin number in. I rang there customer service line who where more than helpful and asked what my credit limit would be...1k! I thought it would of been more like 200.00 as I have 6 defaults on my credit file from last year.
Left to Claim
Capital One PPI/Very PPI/Barclays OD Chargers/NatWest OD Charges/Halifax OD Charges/TSB OD Charges/Late Payment Fees

AIM: To be debt free before my 24th Birthday - just over a year.
The Following User Says Thank You to mush1989 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 40
MrSilk
Old 13-09-2012, 1:40 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

had my Capital One cc for two months now, I think mid next year I shall re-apply, as my application got cancelled last month.