Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • older_wiser
    • By older_wiser 21st Aug 12, 11:07 AM
    • 2,073Posts
    • 3,504Thanks
    older_wiser
    New Luma credit card ?
    • 21st Aug 12, 11:07 AM
    New Luma credit card ? 21st Aug 12 at 11:07 AM
    another credit building card available its managed by capital one but i assume thats just the online bit. I don't intend to apply but thought i'd mention it i haven't seen any posts regarding this before.
Page 2
    • jasonwatkins
    • By jasonwatkins 25th Aug 12, 5:00 PM
    • 1,877 Posts
    • 656 Thanks
    jasonwatkins
    That's about as helpful to you as a poke in the eye isn't it?!
    Originally posted by RichL74
    a poke in the eye with a fish finger
  • BrandNewYear
    how does the deposit have to be paid? By cheque? By account transfer?
    • reclusive46
    • By reclusive46 27th Aug 12, 5:53 PM
    • 2,645 Posts
    • 799 Thanks
    reclusive46
    just applied over the phone and got a 'no decision' which likely means a rejection. oh well ..
    Originally posted by jasonwatkins
    Actually there instant decision thing does not work on weekends. It says on there website Monday to Friday up to 5PM I think (Not sure on time really).

So applying on the weekend will mean it will wait until the next working day for it to give a decision.
    • jasonwatkins
    • By jasonwatkins 27th Aug 12, 8:02 PM
    • 1,877 Posts
    • 656 Thanks
    jasonwatkins
    Actually there instant decision thing does not work on weekends. It says on there website Monday to Friday up to 5PM I think (Not sure on time really).

So applying on the weekend will mean it will wait until the next working day for it to give a decision.
    Originally posted by reclusive46
    Interesting. I still expect a rejection, but we'll see.
  • Lulee36
    Quick service applied online and 3 days later pin arrived
  • lilpete
    Already with Capital One?
    hi all, my first post
    I just wanted to say that despite their literature on the website, if you apply and you already have a Capital One card, they will cancel your application.
    When I spoke to the not-so-knowledgeable offshore call centre, the gentleman told me that my application had been cancelled. Not declined but cancelled. I told him that had no meaning to me and to explain, he tried but still made no sense so I asked to speak with someone else. The manager came on the phone and told me that it was due to Capital One's internal lending policy that the application was cancelled and I stated that made no sense to me either. I said an application can be accepted or declined but cancelled means you dealt with it as if I hadn't applied at all (despite the credit check on my file) He told me that the application was cancelled as Capital One's internal lending policy states that you can not hold more than one card with them, as I already have another card with them, I couldn't have the Luma. (I have held my Capital One account for 8 years or so, have never missed a payment) I said that the Luma website says you can have a card even if you have a Capital One card and said I'd like to make a formal complaint. I'm expecting a call from the UK team on Monday. Isn't it annoying when companies say one thing and do another?!?
  • Lulee36
    I have a progress card and classic card and accepted for a luma card with 1500 limit
  • Sarah091107
    I've got a Luma card, just got my acceptance letter this morning. I was a bankrupt in 2008, discharged 2009, part of the bankruptcy was a Capital one loan and a Capital One credit card!! I see someone's already said on here, this is something to do with Granite/Vanquis which I've had for year or so now and have been "good" with that, always paying on time and having regular increases. I'm wanting to take advantage of the no interest period on the Luma until Jan to move my Vanquis balance but just thought I'd mention, I never thought I'd get one with my history, obviously you never know!!
  • robndee08
    Hi its my first time posting on this site, but i applied online for the new luma credit card.(i do already have a capital one classic card) Got a letter saying we are delighted to tell you we have accepted you application and to send back the signed credit agreement.
    I done that and today i phoned them and now they saying it is in the final checks and i will hear something in the next 7-10 working days.
    Now i dont see how they can send me a letter of being accepted and now saying they doing checks.
  • Lulee36
    When I applied they just sent me a pun number 3 days later and an email with log on details yo set up Internet access where I could view my limit etc
  • ~Chameleon~
    When I applied they just sent me a pun number 3 days later and an email with log on details yo set up Internet access where I could view my limit etc
    Originally posted by Lulee36
    How long did it take for the card to arrive after you got your PIN?
    “You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time.”
    • MrSilk
    • By MrSilk 6th Sep 12, 3:08 PM
    • 1,111 Posts
    • 930 Thanks
    MrSilk
    My application too got cancelled, thought I was going mad because I swore I read on the website that it states you could apply, even if you have a Capital One credit card. extremely misleading
  • benroles
    Wrong reply to thread... sorry!
    • jasonwatkins
    • By jasonwatkins 6th Sep 12, 8:25 PM
    • 1,877 Posts
    • 656 Thanks
    jasonwatkins
    Turned down for mine .. meh ..
  • Lulee36
    How long did it take for the card to arrive after you got your PIN?
    Originally posted by ~Chameleon~
    It's about 5 days from the pin arriving
  • robndee08
    spoke to luma yesterday and been told ive been accepeted and will get my pin next week. and i do already have a capital one classic card with them. takes a long time for the card i aint getting that till the 24sep.
  • premiere100
    Already a Cap One customer.

Applied for Luma online and it went through it's initial checks, assessment and credit checks etc and then came up with thanks, please sign the agreement here and your card will be sent.

A few days later, I got a letter stating, thanks for applying and sorry but you do not meet our acceptance criteria. Very strange because I checked and I do.
  • dakkan
    Hello All,
    I thought I should share my experience as well... I do have cap one progress card for 2 years and 2 months, It started with £300 limit... and I received only one time credit limit increase on 5th month to £800.. Since then they never increased my credit limit for the past 18 months.
    After reading post here I decided to apply on 4th Sept for Luma credit card, During online application I got usual ticks and signing online credit agreement and then message that they will need to perform addition check etc..
    I called customer service yesterday and advised that card has been approved and decision was made on 10th September.. The guy said the pin followed by card will arrive soon by so and so dates.
    Finally I asked what the credit limit will be... and he said as its a new card I will start with £200 credit limit. Then I said to myself WTF just £200??? Not happy at all.
    I dont know how few people got decent initial credit limit.
    I dont have any adverse information on my file.. except enormous searches which brought my Credit score right down I believe.
    Therefore, its not true that your cap one application will be cancelled if you already have one as long as you hold the card for more than 6 months.

Thanks for reading
  • mush1989
    Hello

I applied oneline after rec my monthly news letter from the site. It said it would be making a decision and I thought I would not be accepted... turns out I have been. On Tuesday after work I rec a letter with my pin number in. I rang there customer service line who where more than helpful and asked what my credit limit would be...£1k! I thought it would of been more like £200.00 as I have 6 defaults on my credit file from last year.
    DEBT FREE!!! - Finally!
    • MrSilk
    • By MrSilk 13th Sep 12, 1:40 PM
    • 1,111 Posts
    • 930 Thanks
    MrSilk
    had my Capital One cc for two months now, I think mid next year I shall re-apply, as my application got cancelled last month.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,188Posts Today

5,984Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Tonight 8pm itv in my #moneyshow fight delays fight back, are you missing the marriage tax break, kids savings, and much more. Do watch

• RT @MoneySavingExp: Is it OK to use a 2for1 voucher on a first date? More than 5,000 answered our poll, here's what they told us... https:/?

• British Gas 5% gas only price cut's paltry, like the rest, typically youll still be RIPPED OFF £300/yr. Check now https://t.co/4z6ZQAFv5T RT

• Follow Martin