MSE News: Lloyds TSB and Halifax customers report internet banking problems

"Many Lloyds and Halifax customers can't log into their online accounts this morning..."

Comments

• MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,070
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    This is why we have 3 current account with 3 different banks.
  • oldagetraveller
    oldagetraveller Posts: 3,653 Forumite
    edited 12 July 2012 at 9:21AM
    I can's access my LTSB account online but it's surely not the end of the world as we know it. Are MSE trying to jump on the bandwagon and create some kind of mass hysteria over this. :mad:
    They do come up with some very pointless articles at times.
    If it's that desperate just go into one of their many branches.
    As above post, that's why I have two accounts with totally separate financial institutions. Plus two credit cards, similarly.

Edited to add - access now working, my account anyway.
  • exel1966
    exel1966 Posts: 4,978
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 12 July 2012 at 10:25AM
    I've accessed Lloyds and Halifax this morning and made payments without any problems.

So access was a little slow at times. Big deal, that's the nature of IT.
  • Just get all of your money that is not needed for mortgages or Direct Debits spread into lots of small savings accounts, and always have a float at home in case of emergencies.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • dizzybee
    dizzybee Posts: 1,415
    Forumite
    Just tried to log into Halifax and cant ,i hope this isn't another Natwest disaster,

SPC no:076
  • Internet Banking WAS down but its all back in working order now. A fix was implemented.
    (c) Broke in Yorkshire. ( there are worse places ) :D

Those that matter don't mind and those that mind don't matter!
  • trefre1
    trefre1 Posts: 98
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Halifax has had online banking problems since September last year when they merged with Lloyds Bank. Often I have to ring them to take the action.As recently as the 7th July because of the continuing online banking problem I rang them to take the action and once again received financial compensation(£25) which more than covered the cost of the call. I was informed that they hope to clear up the problems on online banking caused by the merger with the Lloyds by September. Not Before time!!
  • anybody else having the same problem. me or my wife can't get onto our accounts. what a starnge time to do maintenance?:mad:

Sorry, Internet Banking is currently unavailable

We're making some essential changes on the site. Sorry for any inconvenience. Please try again later.
  • anybody else having the same problem. me or my wife can't get onto our accounts. what a starnge time to do maintenance?:mad:

Sorry, Internet Banking is currently unavailable

We're making some essential changes on the site. Sorry for any inconvenience. Please try again later.

Its back online now
  • Rich_Pauper
    Rich_Pauper Posts: 24
    Forumite
    edited 1 February 2013 at 11:18AM
    home_alone wrote: »
    Its back online now
    really?
    tried again same message, wonder whether cetain a/c are affected by this. just tweeted @AskLloydsTSB waiting for a response.

11.15am finally online banking working, still not sure why they would do maintenance during busy daytime.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure