Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    hammer68
    toby carvery
    • 18th Jun 12, 6:24 AM
    toby carvery 18th Jun 12 at 6:24 AM
    morning all

visited the local toby carvery yesterday to find they had introduced a ticket machine and the car park now run by LPS.Asking the manager why this is now happening he mentioned that too many people were parking there to use the local shops/church etc fair enough stopping legit customer using premises, so the system that is implemented is that you pay 2 for a ticket half of it stays in the car and the other half you present in the pub when ordering food/drink and you get the 2 back.seems ok but i did present him with a scenario and it went like this.

customer turns up with no change, goes to the bar and has to wait 10-15 mins before getting served (which is quite common) in the meantime his table becomes available forgets to go out and get ticket sits down eats meal, has drinks pays bill goes back out to car finds pcn attached to w/screen what happens then.

answer, we have been told once pcn ( or fine in his words) has been issued they can do nothing about it mmmm (gets better) so if dont pay what next - you get taken to court, by whom - the parking company -they cant take me to court - why not - do they own the land - no - thats why not - ok so why do they then ask for 90 or 45 if paid in 14 days is that your actual losses - what do you mean - well as i have say spent 50 on food and drink and not bought a ticket all they can recover is losses incurred so would your losses be 45 or 90 or 0- no answer given - anyway parking is nothing to do with us - yes it is - why - because as you have hired them you are jointly liable for any harraament claim that you might receive -harrassment claim ??? - yes as one company or person cannot penalise another person or company what they are asking for is a penalty not a reasonable loss so with the expected threatening letters that then entail your company can open itself up to an harrassment claim- wouldnt it be better just to pay the 2 - have you actually listened to the point i raised and with that he just turned round muttering he was busy. Now before i getted shouted down all i was mentioning a scenario that might happen and the possible loss of custom and before you ask i did pay the 2.

seems like another large company has been fed the B******T by this company because they were told do have a recognised certification by the BPA, i did mention that they were run by the parking companies and only look after their own.

any way rant over have a nice day.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,848Posts Today

5,585Users online

Martin's Twitter