Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    JillD
    scaling up cake recipe - 9" square cake - UPDATE with pictures
    • 29th May 07, 9:33 PM
    scaling up cake recipe - 9" square cake - UPDATE with pictures 29th May 07 at 9:33 PM
    Hi
    I am trying to bake a cake in a 9" square cake tin (as we speak, its in the oven).
    I used a standard sponge cake recipe (6oz flour fat sugar and 3 oeggs) and doubloed it and tipped the whole lot in.

Its been in the oven (fan at 160) for about 45 minutes now. The top has domes and split (I dont care about that) revealing that the middle is still very liquidy.
    The edges are done (and taste yummy).

It doesnt matter too much if it gets overdone round the edges/top/bottom as I have to sculpt it (into Lightning McQueen - as you do).

Do you think it will be ok or should I start over ?

What should I do differently with the quantities/temp to get a big square cake that cooks evenly ?

Thanks for any help
    Jill
    Last edited by JillD; 02-06-2007 at 11:34 PM.
    Jan GC: 202.65/450 (as of 4-1-12)
    NSDs: 3
    Walk to school: 2/47
    Bloater challenge: 0/0lbs

Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,089Posts Today

6,569Users online

Martin's Twitter