Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    hopfarm
    Sold as seen?
    • 3rd Apr 12, 6:56 AM
    Sold as seen? 3rd Apr 12 at 6:56 AM
    In June last year I purchased an oak dining room table and 8 chairs from a large independent retailer.I showed interest in a table and was told it was free if I purchased chairs ,when I asked why I was told that the original purchaser had refused it because they didnt like the grain of the wood.I purchased 8 matching chairs (1400) and the set was delivered 8 weeks later.Yesterday I noticed the top of the table had developed a split along the grain,I phoned the retailer and was told that it had always had a split and that is why it had been sold as seen! I would never have accepted it with a split but it is there word against mine.My receipt lists the table as f.o.c (sold as seen) and 8 chairs at 1400 can anyone give any advice on where I stand?
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

215Posts Today

1,440Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta for the info on audio description - much appreciated

• Has anyone been to audio description film showing? Is it thru speakers or sep headset? Is it still watchable if u dont want description

• M'weekly email: Tesco 500pts for all, 15 life hacks inc beat Sky, urgent 3yr 0%,1000 spuds £6, eBay secrets, http://t.co/bS4J70hBbx

• Follow Martin