Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • BigAl94
    • By BigAl94 30th Mar 12, 6:55 PM
    • 1,498Posts
    • 787Thanks
    BigAl94
    Titanic Belfast
    • 30th Mar 12, 6:55 PM
    Titanic Belfast 30th Mar 12 at 6:55 PM
    Much hype today about the new visitor attraction, pity the booking website isn't working!

http://www.titanicbelfast.com/Home.aspx

Tried booking, shows numerous dates as available, allows you to select tickets then proceed to payment which is where I see the message
    “Order has timed out or entry time expired”
    Can't book any dates - not a good start!

Page 1
  • irishminx
    • 30th Mar 12, 7:14 PM
    • 30th Mar 12, 7:14 PM
    Apparantly its booked out for the first 3-4 months. Wish i had booked earlier cos it looks fab.
  • irishminx
    • 30th Mar 12, 7:20 PM
    • 30th Mar 12, 7:20 PM
    sorry after looking at the website, you need to enable your cookies, hope this helps
    • BigAl94
    • By BigAl94 30th Mar 12, 8:29 PM
    • 1,498 Posts
    • 787 Thanks
    BigAl94
    • 30th Mar 12, 8:29 PM
    • 30th Mar 12, 8:29 PM
    Managed to book them using Chrome instead if IE, cookies were enabled. No problem booking in 2 weeks time.
    • dmxdave
    • By dmxdave 30th Mar 12, 8:49 PM
    • 1,517 Posts
    • 832 Thanks
    dmxdave
    • 30th Mar 12, 8:49 PM
    • 30th Mar 12, 8:49 PM
    Well worth a visit, enjoy.
    Dave
  • freddie
    • 30th Mar 12, 8:57 PM
    • 30th Mar 12, 8:57 PM
    loads of dates and times available.

anyone know if you are allowed to take buggies in?

i am sure I read you couldnt but now cant find it on the site.
    • Lobell
    • By Lobell 30th Mar 12, 9:11 PM
    • 601 Posts
    • 712 Thanks
    Lobell
    • 30th Mar 12, 9:11 PM
    • 30th Mar 12, 9:11 PM
    Just booked 2 tickets or Good Friday with no bother.
  • englandsno7
    • 31st Mar 12, 8:25 PM
    • 31st Mar 12, 8:25 PM
    Booked mine on Weds without any probs. Website says you can't take buggies round with you, but they have a kind of buggy park to leave them in. Doesn't say how much the underground car park is though, might be cheaper to park in Odyssey car park?
  • emmett123
    • 31st Mar 12, 11:47 PM
    • 31st Mar 12, 11:47 PM
    all this hype about the Titanic is getting a little tiring now. People are aware that the ship sank?
    • Robothell
    • By Robothell 1st Apr 12, 10:32 AM
    • 464 Posts
    • 308 Thanks
    Robothell
    Yes, there was a story about not being able to bring in buggies to certain parts of the exhibition (only a small portion of it). Apparently they allow baby slings or can provide one if you don't have one yourself for those areas. Buggies are allowed elsewhere in the building with no problems.
    Life in this world is, as it were, a sojourn in a cave. What can we know of reality? For all we can see of the true nature of existence is, shall we say, no more than bewildering and amusing shadows cast upon the inner wall of the cave by the unseen blinding light of absolute truth, from which we may or may not deduce some glimmer of veracity, and we as troglodyte seekers of wisdom can only lift our voices to the unseen and say humbly "Go on, do deformed rabbit again.....it's my favourite". © Terry Pratchett in "Small Gods"

Founder member of the Barry Scott Appreciation Society
    • BigAl94
    • By BigAl94 1st Apr 12, 10:53 AM
    • 1,498 Posts
    • 787 Thanks
    BigAl94
    Pity you don't get to see the replica staircase.
    • NAR
    • By NAR 1st Apr 12, 2:32 PM
    • 4,741 Posts
    • 12,601 Thanks
    NAR
    Pity you don't get to see the replica staircase.
    Originally posted by BigAl94
    Apparently there is going to be an additional charge for this pleasure.
    • motorguy
    • By motorguy 1st Apr 12, 2:53 PM
    • 12,948 Posts
    • 6,704 Thanks
    motorguy
    Just booked for Easter Monday @ 10:00 with no problems

Really looking forward to it!
    Regards

Paul
    • thefreckle
    • By thefreckle 2nd Apr 12, 10:40 AM
    • 86 Posts
    • 65 Thanks
    thefreckle
    For anyone's who's been to this, could you answer a quick question for me?

It seems there's an area where you can't take buggies - is this due to space restrictions or is there another reason? I'm just wondering how wheelchairs are accommodated or is this area going to be out of bounds for those in wheelchairs?
  • dazb75
    Yes, it seems that on the tour of the Titanic Building, the general public do not get to see the 'Grand Staircase'. This is despite the fact that it's shown on their website!

http://www.titanicbelfast.com/Navigation/The-Titanic-Experience/The-Fit-Out.aspx

It seems that as the Titanic had a passenger class hierarchy, so does the new building.
  • dazb75
    For anyone's who's been to this, could you answer a quick question for me?

It seems there's an area where you can't take buggies - is this due to space restrictions or is there another reason? I'm just wondering how wheelchairs are accommodated or is this area going to be out of bounds for those in wheelchairs?
    Originally posted by thefreckle
    No, they can't ban wheelchairs. Otherwise they might incur the wrath of the legal system.
    • warmhands.coldheart
    • By warmhands.coldheart 2nd Apr 12, 2:13 PM
    • 3,493 Posts
    • 3,824 Thanks
    warmhands.coldheart
    Yes, it seems that on the tour of the Titanic Building, the general public do not get to see the 'Grand Staircase'. This is despite the fact that it's shown on their website!

http://www.titanicbelfast.com/Navigation/The-Titanic-Experience/The-Fit-Out.aspx

It seems that as the Titanic had a passenger class hierarchy, so does the new building.
    Originally posted by dazb75
    You just can't please everyone......

I listened to Nolan this morning and heard all the moaning !!!!!s grumbling about this...... You will be able to see the Staircase, just it'll be on special days...... for god sake can we not be happy we have such a magnificant building and stop picking at pi$$y little things to moan about !!
  • jeffer
    No point me going then - I'm not really interested in most of the other c**p, I just want to walk down the staircase like Kate Winslett!
    • saverbuyer
    • By saverbuyer 2nd Apr 12, 3:23 PM
    • 2,138 Posts
    • 1,217 Thanks
    saverbuyer
    If I've paid for the damn staircase twice (once to build it and once if I'm visiting the building) I expect to at least see it.
  • katy-lou
    To anyone thats been do you know if there was ticket touts outside it?
    It's sold out and I've got flights to go this week
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

282Posts Today

2,368Users online

Martin's Twitter