IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Expired free cinema preview tickets
Closed Thread
Views: 362,982
# 3841
TimeSaver
Old 23-01-2012, 1:15 PM
MoneySaving Convert

http://www.media-promotions.com/tele...lcome_open.php

Password: TELEGRAPHFORALL

Previews of The Grey on Tuesday, 24th January now opened to non-Telegraph subscribers.

Locations:

Kettering
Lee Valley
London - Greenwich
Norwich
Nottingham
Peterborough
Reading
Streatham
Taunton
Uxbridge

Thanks go to FMUK

Last edited by TimeSaver; 23-01-2012 at 1:31 PM. Reason: Thanks
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to TimeSaver For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3842
lileandros
Old 24-01-2012, 12:06 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default Playing Pinter

https://www.showfilmfirst.com/pin/962725

When 24/01/12 22:15
Where The Old Red Lion Theatre, .
Tickets Available
When 25/01/12 22:15
Tickets Not available
When 26/01/12 22:15
Tickets Available
When 27/01/12 22:15
Tickets Not available
When 28/01/12 22:15
Tickets Not available

Playing Pinter
An itinerant turns up at the Old Red Lion Theatre...

He is there by chance on his way to Sidcup to find his papers, his identity...

But he is compelled to tramp from place to place by the voice in his head. It is the voice of his creator. The voice is that of Harold Pinter and only the itinerant can hear it. He thinks his name is MacDavies or maybe Bernard Jenkins. But his is outraged when he hears that Pinter has got the Nobel Laureate and the million quid that goes with it.

After all, The Caretaker made Pinter’s reputation, it was and is, the key play. But Jenkins, or maybe Davies, is the caretaker – the title role. So what’s in it for him? How come Pinter gets all the gravy? And anyway, will his creator’s work stand the test of time? And what’s in store for the old itinerant? And what can he tell us about his creator?
"It matters not how straight the gate, How charged with punishment the scroll. I am the master of my faith. I am the captain of my soul!.." x
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to lileandros For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3843
mokba43
Old 24-01-2012, 2:57 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Sky rewards just released more tickets for Muppets. (at least for Greenwich O2) Good luck
https://rewards.sky.com/skyloyalty/h...ing/index.html
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to mokba43 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3844
Poochface
Old 25-01-2012, 11:09 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

n.b. This is not a free event. Tickets must be paid for!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geordie_ben View Post
do you believe in ghosts? Our next film screening might just convince you. Based on the world famous ghost story, woman in black is tipped to be one of the most shiver inducing films of 2012. We follow the fate of lawyer arthur kipps (daniel radcliffe), who travels to a remote village to attend to the affairs of the recently deceased owner of the eerie eel marsh house.

We're bringing an extra special preview screening to city screen picturehouse in york; a location from the film and one of the uk's most haunted cities.

Guests can look forward to an intimate q&a session with the film's acclaimed director, james watkins straight after the show. There will also be a private curated exhibition showing stills from the film.

Doors open at 8 o'clock on thursday 2nd february, when guests can pick up complimentary popcorn and drinks.

York picturehouse

tickets are available now, just call 0871 902 5735, or click here to book.

preview of woman in black plus q&a with director james watkins

brought to you by volkswagen see film differently
thursday 2 february, 8.00 for 8.30
join us for a special preview of the woman in black, based on the classic ghost story and starring daniel radcliffe as arthur kipps, a lawyer who travels to a remote village to attend to the affairs of the recently deceased owner of eel marsh house.

As part of their continuing support of independent cinema across the uk, volkswagen will be treating guests to complimentary popcorn & drinks, plus an early viewing of an exclusive exhibition of stills from the film.

The woman in black is in cinemas from 10 february.
To learn more about volkswagen’s support of independent cinema and for future events, film news and giveaways check out facebook.com/seefilmdifferently

and remember to check back after the event for photos, or share yours with in on our facebook page.

Hope to see you there!
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Poochface For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3845
Darkangel
Old 25-01-2012, 11:10 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by geordie_ben View Post
Do you believe in ghosts? Our next film screening might just convince you. Based on the world famous ghost story, WOMAN IN BLACK is tipped to be one of the most shiver inducing films of 2012. We follow the fate of lawyer Arthur Kipps (Daniel Radcliffe), who travels to a remote village to attend to the affairs of the recently deceased owner of the eerie Eel Marsh House.

We're bringing an extra special preview screening to City Screen Picturehouse in York; a location from the film and one of the UK's most haunted cities.

Guests can look forward to an intimate Q&A session with the film's acclaimed director, James Watkins straight after the show. There will also be a private curated exhibition showing stills from the film.

Doors open at 8 o'clock on Thursday 2nd February, when guests can pick up complimentary popcorn and drinks.

YORK PICTUREHOUSE

Tickets are available now, just call 0871 902 5735, or click here to book.

Preview of WOMAN IN BLACK plus Q&A with Director James Watkins

Brought to you by Volkswagen See Film Differently
Thursday 2 February, 8.00 for 8.30
Join us for a special preview of THE WOMAN IN BLACK, based on the classic ghost story and starring Daniel Radcliffe as Arthur Kipps, a lawyer who travels to a remote village to attend to the affairs of the recently deceased owner of Eel Marsh House.

As part of their continuing support of independent cinema across the UK, Volkswagen will be treating guests to complimentary popcorn & drinks, plus an early viewing of an exclusive exhibition of stills from the film.

THE WOMAN IN BLACK is in cinemas from 10 February.
To learn more about Volkswagen’s support of independent cinema and for future events, film news and giveaways check out Facebook.com/seefilmdifferently

And remember to check back after the event for photos, or share yours with in on our Facebook page.

Hope to see you there!
Not to be a kiljoy (and sorry for the chat) but this isn't free. Adult tickets are £8.20 each and there is also a booking fee of £1.60
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Darkangel For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3846
Misty38
Old 27-01-2012, 11:26 AM
MoneySaving Convert

http://www.paramountpreviews.com/pin/283098
Monday 30th January
6:30pm

Cineworld Cinemas:
Birmingham
Bolton
Bradford
Bristol
Cambridge
Cardiff
Crawley
Dundee
Edinburgh
Enfield
Glasgow
High Wycombe
Liverpool
Milton Keynes
Nottingham
Shaftesbury Avenue - Not Available
Sheffield
Wandsworth
West India Quay
Wolverhampton
Yeovil

Young Adult reunites the team behind Juno – Oscar-nominated director Jason Reitman and Oscar-winning screenwriter Diablo Cody – and stars Charlize Theron.

Mavis Gray (Theron), a writer of teen literature, returns to her small hometown to relive her glory days and attempt to reclaim her happily married high-school sweetheart (Patrick Wilson).

Ace performances, acute observations, horribly funny.

To claim your tickets, visit ParamountPreviews.com and enter the code; 283098.

Last edited by Misty38; 27-01-2012 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Venues
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Misty38 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3847
lileandros
Old 27-01-2012, 2:12 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default James Hunter

https://www.showfilmfirst.com/pin/540970

When 27/01/12 21:00
Where Islington Assembly Hall, .
Tickets Available

James Hunter
An evening of great rhythm and blues and soul in the style of Ray Charles at this great venue in Islington. Please note that this is standing only.

Please note that this is standing tickets only.

“An overnight success that’s taken 20 years...”

James Hunter was born October 2, 1962 into a working-class family in Colchester, Essex. “It wasn’t quite like growing up with the blues in Alabama but in my part of England, anywhere south of Watford would be considered Alabama!” he notes with a hearty laugh. “In the States, you’ve got the Mason-Dixon Line and in England, we’ve got the Watford Gap.”

Among James’ earliest musical influences were a collection of 78 r.p.m. discs of Fifties rock & roll and rhythm & blues given to him by his grandmother; and his older brother Perry, “the one responsible for me learning how to play a G chord.” (Perry Hunter later became an accomplished acoustic guitarist; he performs regularly on the Midlands folk club circuit, playing in a traditional finger-picking style.)

James’ passion for the music of the Fifties and Sixties never waned as he toiled for seven years as a signal locking fitter in Colchester, tending to a Victorian-era safety feature found in signal boxes. He put together his first band to play at the Colchester Labour Club; his first original song, the Muddy Waters-style “Evil Eye,” was composed in 1984 for a mostly-rockabilly compilation entitled Dance To It. Later in the decade, he released three albums as Howlin’ Wilf & the Vee-Jays before Ace Records issued James Hunter’s solo debut, Believe What I Say, featuring guest appearances by Van Morrison and the late Doris Troy. James’ second solo album, Kick It Around, was produced by Morrissey guitarist Boz Boorer and released on Ruf Records of Germany in 2001.

Doors 7pm / Main act 9pm

Downstairs standing (Seats are available upstairs for those with disabilities)
"It matters not how straight the gate, How charged with punishment the scroll. I am the master of my faith. I am the captain of my soul!.." x
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lileandros For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3848
marvelsc7
Old 05-06-2012, 9:16 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Rock Of Ages

http://www.showfilmfirst.com/pin/860427

When 12/06/12 18:30
Where Belfast, Odeon
Tickets Available
Where Bournemouth, Odeon
Tickets Available
Where Brighton, Odeon
Tickets Available
Where Bristol, Odeon
Tickets Available
Where Covent Garden, Odeon
Tickets Not available
Where Dudley, Odeon
Tickets Available
Where Edinburgh Wester Hailes, Odeon
Tickets Available
Where Glasgow Braehead, Odeon
Tickets Available
Where Greenwich, Odeon
Tickets Available
Where Lee Valley, Odeon
Tickets Available
Where Leicester, Odeon
Tickets Available
Where Liverpool Switch Island, Odeon
Tickets Available
Where Manchester Trafford Centre, Odeon
Tickets Not available
Where Mansfield Leisure Park, Odeon
Tickets Available
Where Newcastle MetroCentre, Odeon
Tickets Available
Where Norwich, Odeon
Tickets Available
Where Sheffield, Odeon
Tickets Available
Where Southend on Sea, Odeon
Tickets Available
Where Stillorgan, UCI
Tickets Available
Where Swansea, Odeon
Tickets Available

This June, smash hit musical “Rock of Ages” hits the big screen! Join an all star cast for the feel-good event of the summer. “Rock of Ages” tells the story of small town girl Sherrie and city boy Drew, who meet on the Sunset Strip while pursuing their Hollywood dreams. Their rock ‘n’ roll romance is told through the heart-pounding hits of Def Leppard, Joan Jett, Journey, Foreigner, Bon Jovi, Night Ranger, REO Speedwagon, Pat Benatar, Twisted Sister, Poison, Whitesnake, and more. The movie musical stars Julianne Hough (“Burlesque”), with actor/singer Diego Boneta in his feature film debut, Russell Brand (“Arthur,” “Get Him to the Greek”), Oscar® nominee Paul Giamatti (“Cinderella Man”), Academy Award® winner Catherine Zeta-Jones (“Chicago”), Malin Akerman (“The Proposal”), R&B queen Mary J. Blige and multiple Emmy®-winner Bryan Cranston (TV’s “Breaking Bad,” “The Lincoln Lawyer”), with Oscar® nominees Alec Baldwin (“The Cooler”) and Tom Cruise (“Born on the Fourth of July”) as you’ve never seen him before! Come and join the party!

Last edited by marvelsc7; 05-06-2012 at 9:20 PM. Reason: Link
The Following 44 Users Say Thank You to marvelsc7 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3849
Venezia
Old 08-06-2012, 12:31 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Fast Girls

Code 27712 http://www.first4movies.com/

http://www.nowmagazine.co.uk/celebri...ry-reader.html

Tuesday 12th June at 9.00 pm

All cineworlds except Haymarket, Chelsea and Aberdeen Union Sq
The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to Venezia For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3850
Northern_Dragon
Old 08-06-2012, 3:15 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelsc7 View Post
Sound Of My Voice

A journalist and his girlfriend get pulled in while they investigate a cult whose leader claims to be from the future.

http://www.showfilmfirst.com/pin/878885
Now also available for Birmingham Cineworld, same date and time
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Northern_Dragon For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3851
lipsy01
Old 14-06-2012, 12:41 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Sky Screening: Killer joe now available
Birmingham
Brighton
bristol Cribbs
Cambridge
Cardiff
Cheshire Oaks
Edinburgh
Fulham
Glasgow
Greenwich-o2
Holloway
Ipswich
Leeds
Liverpool
Manchester
Milton Keynes
Norwich
nottingham
Oxford
Plymouth
Portsmouth
Silverlink
Southampton
Whiteleys
Wimbeldon
have to click through another screening to see it in booking bit though
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to lipsy01 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3852
Northern_Dragon
Old 14-06-2012, 4:27 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipsy01 View Post
Sky Screening: Killer joe now available
Birmingham
Brighton
bristol Cribbs
Cambridge
Cardiff
Cheshire Oaks
Edinburgh
Fulham
Glasgow
Greenwich-o2
Holloway
Ipswich
Leeds
Liverpool
Manchester
Milton Keynes
Norwich
nottingham
Oxford
Plymouth
Portsmouth
Silverlink
Southampton
Whiteleys
Wimbeldon
have to click through another screening to see it in booking bit though
Available "properly" now:

https://rewards.sky.com/skyloyalty/h...ing/index.html
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Northern_Dragon For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3853
marvelsc7
Old 18-06-2012, 11:44 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Virgin screening Magic Mike

Movies First screenings of Magic will be held at 25 locations on Monday 2nd July, 18:30 Virgin Media customers can get up to two free tickets from 21st June on a first come, first served basis

http://customer.virginmedia.com/moviesfirst/

Birmingham Bournemouth Bracknell Brighton Bristol Cardiff Colchester Edinburgh Wester Hailes Guildford Holloway Hull Leeds/Bradford Leicester Liverpool Switch Island Manchester Printworks Milton Keynes Newcastle Metrocentre Norwich Preston Richmond Southampton Southend On Sea Surrey Quays Telford Wimbledon

Last edited by marvelsc7; 21-06-2012 at 1:40 PM. Reason: Locations time
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to marvelsc7 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3854
JAYNE1968
Old 18-06-2012, 8:18 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default iice age 4 in 3 d

New ice age film now avail on sky rewards. Not happy as no showings in manchester
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to JAYNE1968 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3855
Locky
Old 20-06-2012, 11:46 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelsc7 View Post
Virgin screening Magic Mike

Movies First screenings of Magic will be held at 25 locations on Monday 2nd July. Virgin Media customers can get up to two free tickets from 21st June on a first come, first served basis

http://customer.virginmedia.com/moviesfirst/

Birmingham Bournemouth Bracknell Brighton Bristol Cardiff Colchester Edinburgh Wester Hailes Guildford Holloway Hull Leeds/Bradford Leicester Liverpool Switch Island Manchester Printworks Milton Keynes Newcastle Metrocentre Norwich Preston Richmond Southampton Southend On Sea Surrey Quays Telford Wimbledon
Tickets are available now!!

Cinemas:
Birmingham
Bournemouth
Bracknell
Brighton
Bristol
Cardiff
Colchester
Edinburgh Wester Hailes
Guildford
Holloway
Hull
Leeds/Bradford
Leicester
Liverpool Switch Island
Manchester Printworks
Milton Keynes
Newcastle Metrocentre
Norwich
Preston
Richmond
Southampton
Southend On Sea
Surrey Quays
Telford
Wimbledon

Last edited by Locky; 20-06-2012 at 11:51 PM.
The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to Locky For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3856
McBear
Old 21-06-2012, 9:54 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Watch Salute on the big screen first

See this moving docu-movie about the men behind the controversial Black Power salute during the 1968 Mexico Olympic Games. Get two free tickets to one of our exclusive Sky Movies Screenings taking place on 9 July.

Tickets will be available to book soon.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to McBear For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3857
IANS325
Old 22-06-2012, 11:31 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Cinderella has faith that her dreams will come true, and she does go to the ball. But as the clock strikes midnight, the spell is broken, leaving only a single glass slipper... Disney’s timeless film has been digitally remastered in high definition.

http:// www. media-promotions.com/timesplus_ticket_booking/ticket_booking.php

Password :- "TIMESPLUS"

The free screenings will take place at 10am for a 10:30 start on Sunday 8th July at the Odeon Cinemas in following locations

Brighton,
Chelmsford
Colchester
Hemel Hempstead
Exeter
Kingston
Nottingham
Reading
Warrington
Wimbledon

Remember to remove spaces from link as I am A Newbie
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to IANS325 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3858
_gl
Old 22-06-2012, 12:17 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by IANS325 View Post
Cinderella

Password :- "TIMESPLUS"

The free screenings will take place at 10am for a 10:30 start on Sunday 8th July at the Odeon Cinemas in following locations

Brighton,
Chelmsford
Colchester
Hemel Hempstead
Exeter
Kingston
Nottingham
Reading
Warrington
Wimbledon
link: http://www.media-promotions.com/time...et_booking.php
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to _gl For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3859
jonty03
Old 22-06-2012, 4:56 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Sky Rewards

Seeking a Friend for the End of the World

Available to book now

Aberdeen
Bexleyheath
Birmingham
Brighton
Bristol
CArdiff
Chesterfield
Derby
Edinburgh
Glasgow
Greenwich
High Wycombe
Hull
Kingston upon Thames
Leeds
Leicester
Liverpool
Manchester
Milton Keynes
Norwich
Peterborough
Reading
Silverlink
Stevenage
Wakefield

Last edited by jonty03; 22-06-2012 at 5:05 PM.
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to jonty03 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3860
marvelsc7
Old 25-06-2012, 2:34 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Salute is showing in the following locations:

Birmingham, Bristol Cribbs, Derby, Edinburgh Wester Hailes, Fulham, Glasgow Braehead, Greenwich - The O2, Guildford, Holloway- London, Islington, Lee Valley, Leeds Light, Liverpool One, Manchester (printworks), Metrocentre Gateshead, Milton Keynes, Norwich, Plymouth, Portsmouth, Reading, Sheffield, Shepherds Bush, Stratford City, Swansea, York
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to marvelsc7 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
Closed Thread