IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Morrisons xmas opening times
Closed Thread
Views: 10,014
# 1
WOW Factor 0
yorks808
Old 13-12-2011, 10:24 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Default Morrisons xmas opening times

Kind of in the title really!

I havent seen any sign of advertising posters around my local branch of Morrisons detailing the xmas opening hours like! Theres an Asda Sainsburys and Tesco fairly near and they're only closed one day over the xmas-new year period (25th Dec).
# 2
Helix
Old 13-12-2011, 10:32 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Ours is open 7am - 11pm this week when it is normally 8am - 10pm. Haven't seen any posters with the full opening hours over christmas, I doubt they will be open Boxing Day though they never normally are despite other supermarkets starting to.
The Following User Says Thank You to Helix For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
*niptuckfan*
Old 13-12-2011, 11:22 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

my morrisons is the same only closed xmas day and new years day
How people treat you is their Karma: how you react is yours

The Following User Says Thank You to *niptuckfan* For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 4
dlusman
Old 14-12-2011, 4:22 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

apologies if this is obvious - but why dont you just look up your stores details in the store locator page at Morrisons website ?

http://www.morrisons.co.uk/Store-finder/
The Following User Says Thank You to dlusman For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5
DCFC79
Old 14-12-2011, 4:53 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlusman View Post
apologies if this is obvious - but why dont you just look up your stores details in the store locator page at Morrisons website ?

I was just going to same thing,
# 6
poison1
Old 14-12-2011, 6:27 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by *niptuckfan* View Post
my morrisons is the same only closed xmas day and new years day
Don't know which is your local Morrisons but it will be closed on Boxing Day as well.I work for them and as far as I'm aware there are none of them open.However,I'm led to believe that next year could be a very different story

HTH
# 7
Helix
Old 14-12-2011, 8:16 PM

Quote:

The christmas opening hours hadn't been put up at the time this was posted.
# 8
Digital09
Old 14-12-2011, 10:06 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by poison1 View Post
Don't know which is your local Morrisons but it will be closed on Boxing Day as well.I work for them and as far as I'm aware there are none of them open.However,I'm led to believe that next year could be a very different story

HTH
I find this idea of more and more stores open on Boxing Day very sad, why can't we have 2 days of chilled out peace and quiet? and why can't the poor retail workers (I was one once) have a couple of days off after a very busy few weeks in the run up to Xmas?

surely everyone has more than enough food to last 2 days, and those that don't have the Petrol Stations, Convenience shops etc to serve them.

it's just sheer greed.
# 9
yorks808
Old 14-12-2011, 10:27 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:

The xmas opening time hadn't been posted until this evening i'm guessing! At the time of your post the xmas opening hadnt been put up yet, hence me posting on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poison1 View Post

HTH

Many thanks for this poison, my local-nearby 4 branches will be closed on 3 days over the xmas and new year period, the times are up on the site now thanks oooo Whats this about next year being a different story?
# 10
geordie joe
Old 14-12-2011, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital09 View Post
I find this idea of more and more stores open on Boxing Day very sad, why can't we have 2 days of chilled out peace and quiet?

I totally agree with the first part of your post, shops should close for at least two days, three this year!

Quote:
and why can't the poor retail workers (I was one once) have a couple of days off after a very busy few weeks in the run up to Xmas?
Some do, I normally work Saturdays and Sundays, and have Monday and Tuesday as my "weekend". So I will finish work two hours early on Saturday, have Sunday off then have my normal Monday and Tuesday off.
# 11
daveyjp
Old 15-12-2011, 1:22 PM

Quote:
I find this idea of more and more stores open on Boxing Day very sad, why can't we have 2 days of chilled out peace and quiet? and why can't the poor retail workers (I was one once) have a couple of days off after a very busy few weeks in the run up to Xmas?

surely everyone has more than enough food to last 2 days, and those that don't have the Petrol Stations, Convenience shops etc to serve them.

it's just sheer greed.
I agree and the last place I want to be on Boxing Day is shopping, but we aren't all the same and Meadowhell, Lakeside etc will as usual be heaving on Boxing Day.
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."
# 12
DCFC79
Old 15-12-2011, 1:47 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Quote:

it's just sheer greed.
it is very sad, as a department we are quite lucky (i work in retail) we get xmas eve and boxing day(surprisingly store is closed as well) and nyd off as well.

Id rather be in the warmth of home than outside in the cold trying to fight ones way thrugh the masses.

Last edited by DCFC79; 15-12-2011 at 1:55 PM.
Closed Thread