MSE News: MBNA to issue both Amex and Visa to airline credit card holders

This is the discussion thread for the following MSE News Story:

"MBNA will issue many customers with two forms of plastic to maximise their chances of collecting points ..."

Comments

• Reminds me of the Lloyds TSB airmiles duo to be honest
  • nzseries1
    nzseries1 Posts: 2,240 Forumite
    Oh great... now I have to go through the rigmarole again of MBNA's chosen courier company delivering the new Visa card to my home address, I'm not home during the day, therefore they need to deliver again, but they won't deliver to my office because they're not prepared to pay for a phone call to me when they get there and my work's reception won't sign for the card on my behalf, so I have to take a day off work in order to get the card which i'll probably never use.
    You're spelling is effecting me so much. Im trying not to be phased by it but your all making me loose my mind on mass!! My head is loosing it's hair. I'm going to take myself off the electoral role like I should of done ages ago and move to the Caribean. I already brought my plane ticket, all be it a refundable 1.
  • Roger1
    Roger1 Posts: 1,603
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Hardly a news item, this has been going on for a while.

Mrs Roger already has her M&M AmEx and Visa, I already have my Virgin AmEx and Visa and am about to have my American Airlines AmEx and Visa cards delivered.

Some cards earn more than others. The Virgin Visa card at 0.5 miles per £ is less interesting than the American Airlines Visa and some others at 0.75 miles per £. If you pay a fee for cards such as the bmi AmEx/Visa, miles are awarded at higher rates.

The LloydsTSB Avios cards mentioned above are less favourable - just 1 Avios per £5 on the MasterCard.
  • Roger1
    Roger1 Posts: 1,603
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    nzseries1 wrote: »
    ... I have to take a day off work in order to get the card which i'll probably never use.
    MBNA's procedure (for us at least) was to write to tell us that the existing card was being enhanced and giving us the opportunity to reject the new card by calling an 0800 number. If you don't want the new card, that should save a day.
  • nzseries1 wrote: »
    Oh great... now I have to go through the rigmarole again of MBNA's chosen courier company delivering the new Visa card to my home address, I'm not home during the day, therefore they need to deliver again, but they won't deliver to my office because they're not prepared to pay for a phone call to me when they get there and my work's reception won't sign for the card on my behalf, so I have to take a day off work in order to get the card which i'll probably never use.

My card is always delivered by the regular post person. However I do live in a good area.
  • edda
    edda Posts: 1,057
    First Post
    Forumite
    edited 5 June 2012 at 3:16PM
    Roger1 wrote: »
    Hardly a news item, this has been going on for a while.

Agree - there are some threads on the forum about this already.
  • nzseries1
    nzseries1 Posts: 2,240 Forumite
    My card is always delivered by the regular post person. However I do live in a good area.

I've heard reports of other people having different experiences. I wish mine came like that! I won't lie though, I don't consider my area "good" :D
    You're spelling is effecting me so much. Im trying not to be phased by it but your all making me loose my mind on mass!! My head is loosing it's hair. I'm going to take myself off the electoral role like I should of done ages ago and move to the Caribean. I already brought my plane ticket, all be it a refundable 1.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Let MBNA do whatever they want, not a set up anyone can trust though

NEVER PURCHASE ANY SORT OF PPI FROM MBNA, especially if underwritten by St Andrews owned by Lloyds TSB, not worth the paper it was written on
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure