Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 9th Dec 13, 12:07 PM
    • 6,941 Posts
    • 17,606 Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    • 9th Dec 13, 12:07 PM
    • 9th Dec 13, 12:07 PM
    Bump to keep thread open.

Follow the Forum on Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • sullivaf
    • 9th Aug 15, 8:34 PM
    Pity I appear to be the first to complain about HoF
    • 9th Aug 15, 8:34 PM
    I have placed a number of orders with HoF and had reason to complain only once about the delivery company, Hermes however todays issue takes the prverbial biscuit.

I ordered items to the value of 184 on 5th August 2015 and paid for named delivery day of 6.00, delivery to be made on 9th August between 8am and 8pm.

At 08:15pm I contacted customer services via the HoF webste to be told: -
    "Regrettably it appears that this parcel hasn't been processed through the courier system yet and won't be out for delivery today regrettably. I hope this isn't too disappointing. I will refund your delivery charges right now and you'll receive the 6 in your account within 14 days, depending on your card provider's processes."

However I received an e-mail from HoF on the 8th August telling me my items have been desptached followed by a further e-mail confirming despatch. On checking the ever so unhelpful Hermes website I see that an 'order was generated at 22:50" that evening.

Natasha at HoF customer servies was unable to offer any for of recompense, unable to tell me the name of the HoF Customer Services Director and unwilling to provide her surname however she assured me she was the only Natasha working in the Social Media and Webchat team.

I think its pretty shoddy customer service and I very much doubt I will shop with them again as HoF dont seem to bothered.

Hey ho a sign of the times.

Frank

• tomtontom
    • 9th Aug 15, 8:44 PM
    • 9th Aug 15, 8:44 PM
    I have placed a number of orders with HoF and had reason to complain only once about the delivery company, Hermes however todays issue takes the prverbial biscuit.

I ordered items to the value of 184 on 5th August 2015 and paid for named delivery day of 6.00, delivery to be made on 9th August between 8am and 8pm.

At 08:15pm I contacted customer services via the HoF webste to be told: -
    "Regrettably it appears that this parcel hasn't been processed through the courier system yet and won't be out for delivery today regrettably. I hope this isn't too disappointing. I will refund your delivery charges right now and you'll receive the 6 in your account within 14 days, depending on your card provider's processes."

However I received an e-mail from HoF on the 8th August telling me my items have been desptached followed by a further e-mail confirming despatch. On checking the ever so unhelpful Hermes website I see that an 'order was generated at 22:50" that evening.

Natasha at HoF customer servies was unable to offer any for of recompense, unable to tell me the name of the HoF Customer Services Director and unwilling to provide her surname however she assured me she was the only Natasha working in the Social Media and Webchat team.

I think its pretty shoddy customer service and I very much doubt I will shop with them again as HoF dont seem to bothered.

Hey ho a sign of the times.

Frank

Originally posted by sullivaf
    What you are describing is not a Hermes issue, if there is nothing more than order generated then they have not received your parcel. Not sure why you want the CS director's name, I doubt they'll be bothered about a missed delivery.
  • sjbrun
    • 9th Aug 15, 10:07 PM
    • 9th Aug 15, 10:07 PM
    Why should a low down member of staff for any company give you their full name including surname? It's just too personal.

Just ask for their operator number if you really need something to identify them by for a compaint.
  • LilElvis
    • 9th Aug 15, 10:57 PM
    • 9th Aug 15, 10:57 PM
    Sounds like House of Fraser might have generated a label, and emailed you accordingly, but not handed over the parcel to the carrier until late on the 8th. This would have made delivery on the 9th unlikely unless you live close to the warehouse. Someone screwed up (bound to happen when sellers and couriers both have fine deadlines in order to fulfil the public's rapidly increasing dependence on, and expectations of, online shopping) but they have refunded the charge. I doubt the call handler had any way of ascertaining the reason for the discrepancy between your notification of dispatch and the carrier's acknowledgement of receipt into their system.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

168Posts Today

1,347Users online

Martin's Twitter