Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Essential Money > Credit Cards > Noddle ??????????????????????credit report (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Noddle ??????????????????????credit report
Closed Thread
Views: 3,657
# 1
myright
Old 31-10-2011, 2:33 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Default Noddle ??????????????????????credit report

Okay guys

I have used the noddle.co.uk link to sign up with callcredit for free credit reports.

My questions are as follows:

1) do I need to wait for the password and username from noddle to acess my credit report from Noddle website? or can I just use the callcredit website? (abit unclear with this)

2) Do I need to cancel any membershp ect with callcredit? (to avoid future costs)?(again very unclear)
# 2
amorge
Old 31-10-2011, 2:48 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Hi, did you let you sign up? I tried the other day and got this:

"We’re still testing our great new service, and aren’t ready for everyone yet, but please leave us your email address and we’ll let you know as soon as we can welcome you into Noddle"

I did pre-register and got an automated reply....
The Following User Says Thank You to amorge For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
Scarpacci
Old 31-10-2011, 2:57 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by myright View Post
Okay guys

I have used the noddle.co.uk link to sign up with callcredit for free credit reports.

My questions are as follows:

1) do I need to wait for the password and username from noddle to acess my credit report from Noddle website? or can I just use the callcredit website? (abit unclear with this)

2) Do I need to cancel any membershp ect with callcredit? (to avoid future costs)?(again very unclear)
You will have to wait for the Noddle password and username to access the Noddle site, but you can see your report at Callcredit now. You can use the Callcredit username and password (created when you signed up for Noddle) for now at least. I assume at some point they'll turn off Callcredit access for Noddle users, seeing as you can get a new report every day with CC.

You do not need to do anything with CC regarding the account. Assuming you signed up through Noddle and followed the correct procedure, you won't be charged for that. It's important you signed up with CC through the link in the Noddle welcome email.
The Following User Says Thank You to Scarpacci For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 4
myright
Old 31-10-2011, 3:06 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by amorge View Post
Hi, did you let you sign up? I tried the other day and got this:

"Were still testing our great new service, and arent ready for everyone yet, but please leave us your email address and well let you know as soon as we can welcome you into Noddle"

I did pre-register and got an automated reply....
yes you'll get a response by 2morow
# 5
myright
Old 31-10-2011, 3:07 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarpacci View Post
You will have to wait for the Noddle password and username to access the Noddle site, but you can see your report at Callcredit now. You can use the Callcredit username and password (created when you signed up for Noddle) for now at least. I assume at some point they'll turn off Callcredit access for Noddle users, seeing as you can get a new report every day with CC.

You do not need to do anything with CC regarding the account. Assuming you signed up through Noddle and followed the correct procedure, you won't be charged for that. It's important you signed up with CC through the link in the Noddle welcome email.

Thats great!

So i deffinately wont be charged for using CC? ( i did go through noodle). So what about the 12 , is that just default as said on Nodle?

EDIT: Just went and logged into CC and it stated:
We are currently working to resolve a validation issue on your report. Please bear with us and we will contact you as soon as this issue is resolved. Thank you for your patience.

I'm assuming it has blocked my access due to Noddle. Does noddle provide credit score? or does it cost extra?

Last edited by myright; 31-10-2011 at 3:10 PM.
# 6
Scarpacci
Old 31-10-2011, 3:10 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Thats great!

So i deffinately wont be charged for using CC? ( i did go through noodle). So what about the 12 , is that just default as said on Nodle?
Yes, going through the Noddle link makes it free, so the 12 price doesn't apply. I signed up a few months back and haven't been charged a penny.
# 7
myright
Old 31-10-2011, 3:50 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

ta mate, do they include credit scores?
# 8
reclusive46
Old 31-10-2011, 3:54 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Quote:
Thats great!

EDIT: Just went and logged into CC and it stated:
We are currently working to resolve a validation issue on your report. Please bear with us and we will contact you as soon as this issue is resolved. Thank you for your patience.

I'm assuming it has blocked my access due to Noddle. Does noddle provide credit score? or does it cost extra?
We are currently working to resolve a validation issue on your report

I got the same
# 9
Lessbutbetter
Old 31-10-2011, 4:28 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Are you not aware that they're pointless?
# 10
JohalaReewi
Old 01-11-2011, 1:14 PM

Quote:
I do them

Send me 5 and you can have 999.
# 11
Gordon Hose
Old 01-11-2011, 1:17 PM

You get a rating out of 5, rather than a number. It's free.
# 12
Lessbutbetter
Old 01-11-2011, 2:11 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
You get a rating out of 5, rather than a number. It's free.
Anyone who wants a rating out of 5, please send me a few quid every month and i'll generate a brand new "score" for you. I know it's not free but that's because mine is real.

Really it is
# 13
Lessbutbetter
Old 01-11-2011, 2:13 PM
MoneySaving Convert

myright - You've got a free introductory offer.

Your score is 5/5

Yay! Go you!

See you 1st December for your next
# 14
opinions4u
Old 01-11-2011, 2:20 PM
PPR
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

I've never heard of Noddle until very recently.

Now it keeps on popping up here quite regularly.

Is it the best thing since sliced bread, or just a fairly successful spamming campaign for MSE to deal with?
# 15
Scarpacci
Old 01-11-2011, 2:25 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by opinions4u View Post
I've never heard of Noddle until very recently.
It's fairly new, that's why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by opinions4u View Post
Is it the best thing since sliced bread, or just a fairly successful spamming campaign for MSE to deal with?
Somewhere in between. It's from CallCredit so obviously the credit report you get is from the smaller, less-used agency, but getting any credit report for free, regularly, is good. The website is still in beta and could do with some work to make the report clearer, but I'm sure they're getting there.

I don't think it's a spamming campaign, just regular people passing on their happiness at getting their credit report for free.
# 16
ChopperST
Old 01-11-2011, 2:43 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Very good for me so far, also use equifax via my capital one card.

Noddle's display is a little more HTML based but all the information is there and its free. Can't see whats not to like to be honest. Like others have said I imagine the user interface and features will improve as time goes on...
# 17
c-m
Old 01-11-2011, 3:36 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

forgot my password because they force you to use 1 capital, 1 lowercase and a number.

I believe I should be able to choose the security level of my password, rather than be forced to remember some odd password string along with the 50-100 other passwords I need to remember for email, work, websites, banks, telephone banking, pins, etc..

If anything it's less secure, because next time i will just write the password down.
# 18
myright
Old 02-11-2011, 1:08 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

I want to check my credit score just to show me an indication or reflection of what my creit file looks like .

Also it does say on noddle FAQ, that is provides credit ratings and and confidence ratings. But I'm finding it difficult to find where they are. Pehaps somebody can point it out to me where this information is.
# 19
Simon7685
Old 02-11-2011, 2:28 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

I have had a Noddle account for a few months now and it's a great service, you can keep an eye on your credit report for free. Their internal scoring system can be a bit bizarre at times, as I guess can any other scoring system but it doesn't really matter.

I have also found that you get access to the actual Call Credit site, not that it offers anything else but you can get more than one report a month, which Noddle limits you to. If you are waiting for something to fall off your file and don't want to have to wait for Noddle, you can go into Call Credit and generate a new report to see if it has gone or not. Again it doesn't really benefit you at all and I guess you could just wait for the next Noddle one but if you don't want to, you dont need to.

All in all a good service and as it should be FREE.
# 20
Lessbutbetter
Old 02-11-2011, 4:19 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
I want to check my credit score just to show me an indication or reflection of what my creit file looks like
Ok. You do understand though that this figure they generate is not a true reflection? There are alot of posts on here by people proving that the CRA's can and do alter these "scores" to try and entice prospective customers to buy into their other "products" and "services". Why on earth would someones score go down, just after CCJ's/defaults etc fall off their report right? Surely it should go up as you're report is looking better, and has less negating factors? These are some confusing issues i've read about recently from people who waste time on "scores". The CRA's are businesses out to make a fortune, and aren't there to provide us with all that [misleading] information for nothing.

It's a con, and seeing this number whether out of 999 or out of 5, generated on your computer screen, isn't going to make a button of difference to your chances of being accepted for credit. I had an experian account a few years back and my "score" bounced around from week to week from 550 to 900 even though not one single element changed on my credit lines or circumstances.

Total nonsense, however our friendly experian consumer representative will tell you different.
Closed Thread