Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    shanks84
    Ford Mondeo - Knackered Pistons...
    • 14th Oct 10, 7:47 PM
    Ford Mondeo - Knackered Pistons... 14th Oct 10 at 7:47 PM
    Hi. Took my car for its MOT today. Failed on emissions (quite spectacularly). Apparently 2 of the pistons are stuck, and according to the mechanic, I need a new engine

Im absolutely gutted. Only got the car 6 months ago and it cost me 2000. Now, the issue I have is that I took it to a mechanic about 2 months ago because the oil was burning at a rapid rate. He said he looked and couldn't see any issues with it. And oday, this?? Turns out he has put a camera inside the engine and has diagnosed the piston issue, but didn't think to do this when I took the car to him 2 months ago! I'm pretty livid, to be fair

What should I do? How much am I looking at for a new engine? Is it worth it? Should I sell it as spares/repairs? I'm at a bit of a loss, to be honest, because I'm massively out of pocket, and have no car

It's a 2004 1.8 Ford Mondeo LX Petrol

Thanks
    Last edited by shanks84; 14-10-2010 at 8:04 PM.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,978Posts Today

6,801Users online

Martin's Twitter