Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Essential Money > Debt-Free Wannabe > Fredrickson International Limited ? (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Fredrickson International Limited ?
Closed Thread
Views: 34,624
# 1
livinginhope
Old 16-09-2006, 11:11 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Angry Fredrickson International Limited ?

Morning all,got a question for you,one of our debts is with the dreaded MBNA for 8500,MBNA have not issued a default notice yet and keep trying to get us to settle on a full and final before they do :confused: don't know where they think the money will come from?
Anyway,this morning got a letter from Fredrickson Int.Ltd,saying that by an agreement dated 20th December 2006 (thought we were still in Sep):confused: MBNA assigned above debt to the Fairmile Partnership 4 LLP who susequently assigned the debt to Cyclone Asset Management Ltd and they are now the legal owner of the debt.
To avoid proceedings you must pay in FULL or complete the attatched direct debit.
Won't be able to get hold of Payplan til Mon,now I'm worried.If I fill in the DD they no mention of how much they want to take,and MBNA have not defaulted the account,we spoke to them last week they made no mention of any of this.Is this a scam to get bank details? :confused:
Any experience of these people PLEASE
Debt at highest 107k
Debt as of Nov 11 90k
Sorting debt thanks to DMP with Payplan 52 years
Proud to be dealing with my debts
# 2
rog2
Old 16-09-2006, 12:25 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Doubly Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Have MBNA advised you that they have assigned the debt to Fredrickson, or any of the other comanies mentioned.
You should write stating that you do not acknowledge any debt to them, and request that they send you the original credit agreement, signed by you, and any letters of assignment.
There is a template letter on a similar thread on this forum - when I find it I will post link, unless someone else beats me to it.
Anyway - there's not much you can do until Monday, so I would just do nothing until you talk to PAYPLAN or CAB
I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
The Following User Says Thank You to rog2 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
Eager_Elephant
Old 16-09-2006, 12:34 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

DO NOT fill in the DD mandate, they will start taking payments as they see fit.

If you are with Payplan then the allocation of money meant for MBNA will be issued to Fredrickson once proof has been received that the debt is with them. The money will be issued pro-rata so it is fair on all your creditors.

EE
The Following User Says Thank You to Eager_Elephant For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 4
livinginhope
Old 16-09-2006, 1:03 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Thanks guys,just to let you know MBNA have not informed us of transferring the debt,we spoke to them the other day because they keep trying to get us to pay a full and final,as we couldn't do this they said they would have to issue a default notice at the end of September,they haven't done this yet,so surely they haven't passed the debt over yet? the date written on the letter is very odd,where do they get December 2006?
I have no intention of filling out the DD mandate,I just have this odd feeling about the letter,something doesn't add up?
Debt at highest 107k
Debt as of Nov 11 90k
Sorting debt thanks to DMP with Payplan 52 years
Proud to be dealing with my debts
# 5
Headdown
Old 16-09-2006, 5:33 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

I would formally request a copy of the assignment letter before doing anything.
The Following User Says Thank You to Headdown For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6
sqwigy1
Old 10-07-2010, 11:16 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Post i have received a letter

Hi Martin!

First of all I love you! Secondly I came home from work this evening and my partner received a letter from this "Fredrick international limited" a debt collection service, it seemed a little weird it said "We have made tracing enquires for confirmation of you current place of residence. Information has been received confirming that your address details have changed to the above residence"

It asks for payment although it doesn't say what the debt is for or how much it is but it does have a number so that you can pay immediatly. my partner thought it was all a bit odd, so I googled them and found you.
We calling them on monday so will let you know more as I do.

# 7
dorisday
Old 11-07-2010, 9:45 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

DO NOT PHONE THEM have a read around this site and see why you shouldnt. have to run so cant extend on why.
Look after the pennys and the pounds will look after themselves
# 8
NorthernLas
Old 11-07-2010, 10:46 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Send a message via Skype™ to NorthernLas

You should write to Fredrickson and ask them to prove that your partner owes what they are asking for. By writing you are formally documenting that youo have done something and putting the 'ball back in their court'.

Send recorded so you have proof that you sent it and they received it, then forget about it until they reply

Link to prove it letter http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...87&postcount=2
# 9
SUEBIE2010
Old 07-09-2010, 8:41 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Fredrickson International Ltd

Hey, today i recieved a phone call from this company saying i owe 610 they were calling on behalf of Natwest. I settled a debt with Westcote which was over 1000 nd dont understand where this 610 has come from. I have not had letters sent to my current address regarding anything to do with money owed .
Is this a scam? as it seems this company has had a lot of complaints made about them? can anyone help?

They want proof sent of the account number and the money i payed do i send it?
# 10
Mike_A
Old 08-09-2010, 1:14 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Fredrickson International and Westcot are both genuine companies, they are not scammers.
Forwards Ever, Backwards Never!
# 11
BigCraigJohn
Old 08-09-2010, 2:08 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_A View Post
they are not scammers.
I beg to differ with this but I know what you mean.
# 12
Selidie
Old 08-09-2010, 8:03 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUEBIE2010 View Post
Hey, today i recieved a phone call from this company saying i owe 610 they were calling on behalf of Natwest. I settled a debt with Westcote which was over 1000 nd dont understand where this 610 has come from. I have not had letters sent to my current address regarding anything to do with money owed .
Is this a scam? as it seems this company has had a lot of complaints made about them? can anyone help?

They want proof sent of the account number and the money i payed do i send it?
Personally, I wouldn't send them anything until they have sent proof of the money you owe, i.e. a copy of the credit agreement that you signed etc.

I have had the odd call like this and always respond with "when you send me proof of the debt, I will prove I have paid it" or something similar.
# 13
Lightsout
Old 08-09-2010, 12:43 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Fredrickson are complete jokers man. They have been after me for years and the letters are going round like swings and roundabouts. I have reached the 'critical' stage on many occasions, where they threaten court papers and all that !!!!!!!!. Just never reply.
# 14
Mike_A
Old 08-09-2010, 7:56 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCraigJohn View Post
I beg to differ with this but I know what you mean.

Yes I'm not saying they aren't jokers, but they're definitely not a fake scammer trying to steal your identity or anything.
Forwards Ever, Backwards Never!
# 15
mozzyc
Old 09-09-2010, 9:35 AM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Hi

They are one of my creditors on my dmp with payplan. They took over my littlewoods account. Besides one very rude phonecall to start with, i've had no other problems with them, as of yet.
DFD February 2012
Baby Boy Born February 2012
Newborn Thread Member

# 16
arpin
Old 12-09-2010, 12:01 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default I have received a letter

I too have received a tatty letter from Fredrickson International. It is cheap and looks suspect. My letter seems to be the standard one but I dont have a clue who I owe, how much etc. As I have a financial worker at CAB dealing with all my creditors I suggest you post it back and put the CAB's number and name on it. It will be interesting to see how you get on with them on Monday and I await a further message from you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqwigy1 View Post
Hi Martin!

First of all I love you! Secondly I came home from work this evening and my partner received a letter from this "Fredrick international limited" a debt collection service, it seemed a little weird it said "We have made tracing enquires for confirmation of you current place of residence. Information has been received confirming that your address details have changed to the above residence"

It asks for payment although it doesn't say what the debt is for or how much it is but it does have a number so that you can pay immediatly. my partner thought it was all a bit odd, so I googled them and found you.
We calling them on monday so will let you know more as I do.

# 17
concerned64
Old 09-02-2011, 8:20 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

just had a concern about text messages coming to my phome concerning a new partner who is getting calls on my house phone from them. I know nothing of his dealings with them. I am new to this scenario. my concern is that he is living here as of 6 months ago and the impact it has on my credit rating and liability...........any ideas or advice gratfully recieved....
# 18
fermi
Old 09-02-2011, 9:03 AM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by concerned64 View Post
just had a concern about text messages coming to my phome concerning a new partner who is getting calls on my house phone from them. I know nothing of his dealings with them. I am new to this scenario. my concern is that he is living here as of 6 months ago and the impact it has on my credit rating and liability...........any ideas or advice gratfully recieved....
Credit ratings and liability are on the individual, not an address. So you should not be directly effected.

If you have a joint accounts, loans or other credit with them and they are having problems, then that can negatively effect your credit rating.
I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Bankruptcy, Credit Cards, Loans, and Benefits boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com | > New to Forum? Click for Guide <

Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
# 19
fermi
Old 18-02-2011, 6:00 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonranger View Post
I have just received a letter from Fredrickson International very similar to a previous poster:
Moved to a new thread.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=3061128
I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Bankruptcy, Credit Cards, Loans, and Benefits boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com | > New to Forum? Click for Guide <

Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
Closed Thread