Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

    Student Loans & Carers Allowance advice please?
    • #1
    • 10th Aug 10, 3:02 PM
    Student Loans & Carers Allowance advice please? 10th Aug 10 at 3:02 PM
    Hi there...
    I will be starting University this September and am currently in receipt of Carers allowance for my disabled child...will I loose my CA? Is there anything I can apply for funding wise? I will be on campus approximately 12 hours per week but it is still classed as a full-time degree...

    Our earnings as a couple are under £25,000 but the loss of the CA will be huge to us as I will be paying out on transport costs back and to from Uni.... (am over 25 so rail card is out of the window!) Any advice greatly appreciated...a rough estimate from the student loan people puts me at getting around £5000 per year...but this will hardly cover my rail costs let alone books etc ......
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,497Posts Today

7,395Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @itvMLshow: We are filming tomorrow in Torremolinos! If you're in the area, head to Branigans on Av. Palma de Mallorca between 5pm-6.45p?

  • RT @mmhpi: ??The money and mental health manifesto - 10 steps to boost #mentalhealth & financial #wellbeing for Britain #GE2017 https://t.c?

  • In Spain in a restaurant ready for filming in Torremolinos tomorrow (do come and see us if you're there) watching #mcfcmufc #CTID

  • Follow Martin