Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • StaffsSW
    • By StaffsSW 1st Jul 09, 9:40 AM
    • 5,350Posts
    • 5,375Thanks
    StaffsSW
    ebay Plus - Earn reward points through eBay.
    • 1st Jul 09, 9:40 AM
    ebay Plus - Earn reward points through eBay. 1st Jul 09 at 9:40 AM
    What is eBay Plus?
    eBay Plus is a promotional rewards programme that will be available to eBay UK members for a limited time. Upon joining you'll automatically earn rewards in the form of eBay Plus points over the next 3 months based on your qualifying purchases. The eBay Plus points you’ll earn over the three-month period will be turned into discount vouchers that can be redeemed against future purchases on eBay.co.uk.
    Does eBay Plus cost anything to take part?
    Joining the programme is free. We created eBay Plus to say thanks to our members for their custom.
    Can anyone participate?
    Participation in the eBay Plus programme is limited to a random selection of eBay members by invitation only. Only members who receive an invitation email are eligible to sign-up .
    Why is participation limited?
    The eBay Plus programme is a short-term promotion designed to reward a random selection of customers for their custom on eBay. Participation is limited as we’re trialling this programme to see how it works with a random selection of buyers.
    How do I earn eBay Plus Points?
    Earning eBay Plus points is easy. After you sign up to the programme, whenever you make a purchase on eBay you'll automatically earn eBay Plus points. Watch your points add up over the quarter. After 3 months, we’ll convert your points into a discount voucher to redeem against your purchases on eBay over the following month.
    Do all my eBay purchases qualify?
    Most purchases on eBay qualify, but some restrictions apply. See Terms and Conditions.
    For example, purchases that qualify to earn eBay Plus points must be:
    • Paid for with PayPal
    • Paid for after you’ve sign up to the eBay Plus programme
    How many points do I earn when I shop?
    You will earn 1 point for every 1 pound you spend. However, look out for regular promotions with opportunities to boost your points balance.
    Postage fees, taxes and any other seller fees are excluded from the points you earn.
    100 points will earn you a £1 voucher to spend on eBay.

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/rewards/faq.html#
    <--- Nothing to see here - move along --->
Page 1
    • yeslek
    • By yeslek 1st Jul 09, 10:02 AM
    • 1,399 Posts
    • 891 Thanks
    yeslek
    • 1st Jul 09, 10:02 AM
    • 1st Jul 09, 10:02 AM
    invetation only AND you can make more from quidco (for the smaller item's at least)

Dont pigsback even offer more points per pound? I'm not wanting to knock a reward scheme but there are plenty better already out there.
    • StaffsSW
    • By StaffsSW 1st Jul 09, 10:19 AM
    • 5,350 Posts
    • 5,375 Thanks
    StaffsSW
    • 1st Jul 09, 10:19 AM
    • 1st Jul 09, 10:19 AM
    I think the Quidco and other cashback programmes will be changing in the near future as ebay is changing the way that their affiliate programmes payout.

Auctiva has already been affected, and the loyalty programmes will be next.
    • custardy
    • By custardy 1st Jul 09, 10:39 AM
    • 32,284 Posts
    • 27,027 Thanks
    custardy
    • 1st Jul 09, 10:39 AM
    • 1st Jul 09, 10:39 AM
    noticed my invite today

one thing of note
    Postage fees, taxes and any other seller fees are excluded from the points you earn.
    so that inclusive P&P is better for plus users
    • StaffsSW
    • By StaffsSW 1st Jul 09, 11:29 AM
    • 5,350 Posts
    • 5,375 Thanks
    StaffsSW
    • 1st Jul 09, 11:29 AM
    • 1st Jul 09, 11:29 AM
    noticed my invite today

one thing of note

so that inclusive P&P is better for plus users
    Originally posted by custardy
    All starting to make sense now isn't it!

We just need the next financial results to show just how much extra "value" has been sold through site compared to last year...
  • Freegan
    • 1st Jul 09, 12:41 PM
    • 1st Jul 09, 12:41 PM
    All starting to make sense now isn't it!

We just need the next financial results to show just how much extra "value" has been sold through site compared to last year...
    Originally posted by stevew8975

So you're trialling a scheme to find out if a 1% reward will generate more than 1% increase in returns?

Perhaps you should expand the trial to find the optimum cost/benefit ratio as I suspect that 1% is too miserly with higher rewards to be had elsewhere.
    Last edited by Freegan; 01-07-2009 at 12:41 PM. Reason: clarity
    • StaffsSW
    • By StaffsSW 1st Jul 09, 12:53 PM
    • 5,350 Posts
    • 5,375 Thanks
    StaffsSW
    • 1st Jul 09, 12:53 PM
    • 1st Jul 09, 12:53 PM
    So you're trialling a scheme to find out if a 1% reward will generate more than 1% increase in returns?
    Originally posted by Freegan
    Not necessarily - but all of the other changes we've seen in the last year are so, are all starting to knit together.

eBay financial reports alway show a GMV sold - the value of items sold via their platform, but this has never included any P&P charges. Now that we have a lot more items where P&P is included, expect to see ebay make a big thing about their huge increase in GMV in economic tight times.

Of course, there will also be more revenue from FVF due to the inclusive P&P, and less buyer complaints about excessive P&P charges.
  • TaZmAn
    • 1st Jul 09, 2:14 PM
    • 1st Jul 09, 2:14 PM
    If we sign up to this ebay plus points scheme, do you think it will affect Quidco tracking? I'm happy to use it alongside quidco, but if it stops Quidco tracking, I wouldn't be interested in it.
    • custardy
    • By custardy 1st Jul 09, 3:49 PM
    • 32,284 Posts
    • 27,027 Thanks
    custardy
    • 1st Jul 09, 3:49 PM
    • 1st Jul 09, 3:49 PM
    i wouldnt be surprised if they just pulled quidco altogeter
    • StaffsSW
    • By StaffsSW 1st Jul 09, 4:11 PM
    • 5,350 Posts
    • 5,375 Thanks
    StaffsSW
    i wouldnt be surprised if they just pulled quidco altogeter
    Originally posted by custardy
    Quidco put a LOT of traffic into eBay, so they would not pull it completely, but I do know that they are changing the payment structures made that means the cashbacks by these loyalty companies may not be so generous in the future.
  • madkitty
    hmm lemme think - spend £100 get back £1 woohoo, thats an incentive
  • TurkishDelight
    invetation only AND you can make more from quidco (for the smaller item's at least)

Dont pigsback even offer more points per pound? I'm not wanting to knock a reward scheme but there are plenty better already out there.
    Originally posted by yeslek
    Ah the wonders of quidco cashback where 40% of 10% of £20 is 2p. I'm discalculate and even I know that's not right
    This is my opinion. There are many others like it but this is mine
    Fiancee of the "lovely" DaveAshton
    I am a professional ebay seller. I work hard at my job, I love my job, if you think it's silly that's your problem not mine.
    • custardy
    • By custardy 1st Jul 09, 6:23 PM
    • 32,284 Posts
    • 27,027 Thanks
    custardy
    Originally posted by madkitty
    what did you get yesterday for spending £100?
    • StaffsSW
    • By StaffsSW 1st Jul 09, 6:25 PM
    • 5,350 Posts
    • 5,375 Thanks
    StaffsSW
    Originally posted by madkitty
    It's seems to be good enough for Tesco to build an entire marketing strategy around it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

260Posts Today

1,405Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin