Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Sold the house but nowhere to go!
    • 13th Jul 10, 11:21 AM
    Sold the house but nowhere to go! 13th Jul 10 at 11:21 AM
    We put our house on the market 2 weeks ago expecting at least a few of months before it sold if at all. 9 days later we were shocked when we got an offer from FTB's that we accepted.

We were expecting to be chain free as we had friends moving abroad for a year and we had the option to use their house while we were looking for a new place to buy but this has now fallen through. We are actively looking for a new property to buy but have found a problem in that there is literally nothing on the market at the moment that we like. We have looked into renting but this would be more expensive than our mortgage and we'd have to potentially pay to store all our furniture. We'd also have the hassle of moving twice and the potential problems of breaking a rental contract if/when we found a house to buy.

The only option I can think of is to stay in our property and wait until we find somewhere to buy but we are aware that this will likely cause problems with our buyers and we've got no idea when a property we like will come on the market.

We're really stressed about the situation, on the one hand we don't want to mess out FTB's around but then we will cause ourselves alot of problems if we agree to vacate the property on a certain date without having a place to move into.

What would be the best thing to do? Any advice would be much appreciated, the situation is causing arguements and tears
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

6,207Posts Today

8,382Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • @nicho280 use the flightstats link in my guide

• RT @TheMylesMoney: Hats off to @MartinSLewis for slamming the govt's attempts to change #StudentLoan repayment rules retrospectively: http:?

• My train lands in 30mins. Can't wait. Mrs MSE's kept baby MSE up so I can put her to bed. Loved the roadshows but hate missing bedtimes

• Follow Martin