Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Household & Travel > Health & Beauty MoneySaving > Slimming World - Extra Easy weight loss!! (Page 15)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Slimming World - Extra Easy weight loss!!
Views: 426,864
# 281
Vixie_Pixie
Old 25-04-2010, 2:08 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

today's food - EE

B - 28g Jordans museli (part 1 heb) with milk (hea) cup of tea

S - Muller light yog and banana, 2 x mikado sticks (1)

L - Beef n veg noodles - used leftover teriyaki steak (3) sliced and bashed to tenderise. Used half tsp of oil (1). Veg - garlic, ginger, red onion, red pepper and mushrooms. Cooked the steak and veg together then added noodles, smothered in 5 spice and soy sauce .. yummers!

If i get peckish between now and dinner time will have w/g crackerbread (rest of heb), ex light laughing cow cheese triangle (1) with cucumber.

D - leftover HM burgers, with SW chips and large salad will use 1 syn on low fat mayo and 1 syn on a dollop of low fat onion and garlic dip for my chips

total syns 8
All hail to the sale!!!!!!

new beginnings...... new successes..
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Vixie_Pixie For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 282
positivelypurple
Old 25-04-2010, 2:22 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Hello fellow SWers, does anyone have a low syn recipe for cauliflower cheese? I've got some that needs using up but can't face it plain today (not sure what's up with me at the moment!)

Thanks so much.
CC1 930 CC2 5850 Total Debt May 14 7087.50 6780
GC 0/370 NSDs January 11/20
Weight Loss 4/14
Pay off 2700 by 31st December 2014
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to positivelypurple For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 283
TakeItEazy
Old 25-04-2010, 3:12 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Bit fed up as wi yesterday and sts, don't know why as been 100% unless it was to do with not having many syns this week [only 36 up til friday and then had none yesterday] today WILL be better. Really wanted to lose that lb for my stone . Will have to be extra careful this week as out on friday for chip/scampy meal then out on saturday with buffet type meal in evening. Wish me luck . The only good thing about this weekend is I fit my skinny jeans yay!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterdays food G
brunch - weetabix [bs] milk [a] coffee

T - rest of mushy pea curry with rice

Snacks - pineapple

Syns - 0 and resisted peanuts & chocolate at Mums too

Todays food EE

B - weetabix [b + 3.5 syns] milk [a] coffee

L - roast pork [resisted crackling], big salad, new pots, b/egg, p/onions, beans, babybel [2syns] & fat free dressing

T - not sure yet, depends if i'm hungry.

Snacks - pineapple, muller

Syns - 5.5 + 7 for hubbys wicked garlic mayo so 12.5 altogether. Still got 66.5 syns left from week so much try harder to use more syns .
Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results

Heartbroken 12.12.13

Last edited by TakeItEazy; 25-04-2010 at 10:07 PM.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TakeItEazy For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 284
Vixie_Pixie
Old 25-04-2010, 4:32 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by positivelypurple View Post
Hello fellow SWers, does anyone have a low syn recipe for cauliflower cheese? I've got some that needs using up but can't face it plain today (not sure what's up with me at the moment!)

Thanks so much.
This is a recipe for Macaroni cheese bake i found on SW website - you could just leave out the macaroni to have a really yummy cauliflower cheese bake instead.

3 Syns on Green and Extra Easy*
9 Syns on Original*
*Add 6 Syns if not using cheese as a
Healthy Extra

6 spring onions
2 garlic cloves
8 cherry tomatoes
454g/1lb cauliflower
170g/6oz Cheddar cheese
2 eggs
142g/5oz dried macaroni
Fry Light
500g pot very low fat natural yogurt
1 level tsp Dijon mustard
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

1. Prepare the ingredients: trim and thinly slice the spring onions; peel and chop the garlic; halve the tomatoes; break the cauliflower into florets, coarsely grate the cheese and beat the eggs. Boil the cauliflower and cook the macaroni according to the packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 220C/Gas 7. Spray a pan with Fry Light and cook the spring onions, garlic, tomatoes and cooked cauliflower for
2-3 minutes. Add 100ml/3fl oz water to the pan and continue to cook for 4-5 minutes until the water has been absorbed. Stir in the pasta, toss to mix well and transfer to a shallow ovenproof dish.
3. Prepare the topping by mixing the yogurt, mustard, cheese and eggs together. Season well, pour over the pasta and cook for 15-20 minutes until bubbling and golden. Remove from the oven, allow to stand for 5 minutes and serve.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Vixie_Pixie For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 285
c l a i r e
Old 25-04-2010, 6:32 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Well done to all the losers and try not to lose heart TakeitEazy, hopefully there will be a nice loss waiting for you next week Vixie thanks for that macaroni cheese recipe, might try and fit that in somewhere this week.

Well today has been a bit bleurgh, woke up with a headache so have had no real appetite up until now. Thankfully my OH is cooking me a roast dinner so todays menu (EE) is:

B: Syn free pancake, Total 0% greek yoghurt, strawberries, banana
L: Strawberries and grapes, hi-fi bar (HEB)
S: 1/2 highlights hot choc sachet (1), skimmed milk (HEA)
D: Roast beef, SW roast potatoes, sprouts, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, gravy (2 syns)
C'est la vie
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to c l a i r e For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 286
FloFlo
Old 25-04-2010, 6:58 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Hi, I am weighing myself on the wiifit at home but following the red diet at the moment. First week weigh in yesterday and had lost 6lb so am very pleased.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to FloFlo For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 287
HopePray
Old 25-04-2010, 7:52 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

A smile for a Sunday : )

With time, women gain weight because we accumulate so much information and wisdom in our heads that when there is no more room, it distributes out to the rest of our bodies. So we aren't heavy, we are enormously cultured, educated and happy. Beginning today, when I look at my butt in the mirror I will think, Good grief......, look how smart I am.
And so the saying goes SMART A**E : )

Last edited by HopePray; 25-04-2010 at 9:25 PM.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to HopePray For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 288
sukibix
Old 25-04-2010, 9:00 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Does anyone know how many syns are in a Birds Eye Potato Waffle. The syns onling say 4/12 - this may be a stupid question but does this mean for 4?!!

Birds Eye Potato Waffles, 4/12 pack, frozen 57g each
2.5 EE
5 original
2.5 green

Thanks
10.5 stone gone.
Now to mantain!
NHS Tummy tuck & quit smoking 04.02.2010
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sukibix For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 289
HopePray
Old 25-04-2010, 9:23 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukibix View Post
Does anyone know how many syns are in a Birds Eye Potato Waffle. The syns onling say 4/12 - this may be a stupid question but does this mean for 4?!!

Birds Eye Potato Waffles, 4/12 pack, frozen 57g each
2.5 EE
5 original
2.5 green

thanks
I believe thats from EITHER a 4 or 12 pack. Sometimes things have different weights dependant on the pack size. Crisps are like that, bought singley they have more crisps in them than multi packs.

So thats each 1
2.5 EE
5 original
2.5 green
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to HopePray For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 290
sukibix
Old 25-04-2010, 10:12 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopePray View Post
I believe thats from EITHER a 4 or 12 pack. Sometimes things have different weights dependant on the pack size. Crisps are like that, bought singley they have more crisps in them than multi packs.

So thats each 1
2.5 EE
5 original
2.5 green

Thanks HopePray - yup, I am a muppet

Other than stir fry vege, I am looking for something to have with Beanfeast Bolognese on a red day - I've decided to have JP as a HE-B.
Sticking with red days this week as my consultant says peeps generally have better losses on red days, and I need to shift a few lbs asap as I can only just fit in my bridesmaid dress with only 5 days to go! I blame the tummy tuck!!! grrrrr
10.5 stone gone.
Now to mantain!
NHS Tummy tuck & quit smoking 04.02.2010
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sukibix For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 291
HopePray
Old 25-04-2010, 11:18 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukibix View Post
Thanks HopePray - yup, I am a muppet

Other than stir fry vege, I am looking for something to have with Beanfeast Bolognese on a red day - I've decided to have JP as a HE-B.
Sticking with red days this week as my consultant says peeps generally have better losses on red days, and I need to shift a few lbs asap as I can only just fit in my bridesmaid dress with only 5 days to go! I blame the tummy tuck!!! grrrrr
Treat yourself to some good underwear and dont stress, stress will only lead to overeating. You were chosen to be a bridesmaid cos they wanted you, a happy unstressed you : )
I hope you have a wonderfull time.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to HopePray For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 292
positivelypurple
Old 26-04-2010, 6:30 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Thanks for the recipe! I ended up doing a sauce out of a spoonful of light cream cheese, a couple of spoons of cottage cheese and a tsp of mustard. I then put my HE cheese on top. It was absolutely delicious, even nicer than traditional cauli-cheese I think. DC wouldn't touch it though

I did my first WI this morning and am being very good about writing in my food diary. Hopefully, I'll see a little change in the numbers next week.

Have a good day everyone
CC1 930 CC2 5850 Total Debt May 14 7087.50 6780
GC 0/370 NSDs January 11/20
Weight Loss 4/14
Pay off 2700 by 31st December 2014
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to positivelypurple For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 293
skinny-on-the-inside
Old 26-04-2010, 9:53 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Default back on the plan

Hi all it's been nearly a year since i fell off the wagon and ive put on a whopping 1st 7lbs!!!!! In total i now need to lose 5 stone 6lbs. Been struggling along just trying to do it myself at home this week but can't get to a class untill sat and i'm struggling with guessing the syn value of foods etc.

Would there be anyone kind enough to pm me this weeks pword for online so i can use the online syn calculator until sat?

This time i need to do it nothing in the wardrobe fits and even when i think i look ok i see a picture afterwards and think yeuck!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to skinny-on-the-inside For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 294
MRSMCAWBER
Old 26-04-2010, 10:49 AM

Morning all

Well done FloFlo

EE Meal plane for today :-
  • 2 weetabix (b)
  • 250ml semi skimmed (a)
  • 2 rashers bacon
  • carrot
  • onions
  • parsnips
  • red pepper
  • Huge salad
  • ham
  • couple of steamed potatoes
  • 1tbs yoghurt dressing (1syn)
  • inbetweenies -fruit
I have chopped up the bacon and put in the remoska and then thrown in the veggies and will leave it until they are roast - figured I could use the bacon to give me some protein and I won't have to use any oil to roast the veggies

Im really hoping my SW booklets arrive today as I want to settle down and get to grips with all the info -I have to say that Im not overly impressed with the on-line stuff (but thats probably just me liking to read properly ) -I want to look into going mainly onto RED days as I think it might work better for us...
I will be able to get more milk via healthy (A) without using syns..
Hubby will get more cheese via healthy (A) when he needs it...

ooh and can I ask Consultant31 or anyone who might know...I have noticed things like:-
2 ryvita original/dark rye/seame and
4 ryvita original/dark rye/sesame
Both on the options for healthy extra B -is the difference for male/female? or am I missing something -I don't want to be short changing hubby
ALSO -do they reccomend using a certain number of syns a day? only at the moment my mentality is "use as few as possible" -just wondering if you are suposed to eat a certain amount ---like on the WW point system where you are suposed to eat all of your points...
Sorry for all the questions... but if Im doing this I may as well make sure Im doing it right

Need to nip shoping this evening for a fruit, salad,veg and milk top up... Im getting through loads of fruit again nomnomnom
Hope everyone is having a good day
-6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MRSMCAWBER For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 295
Vixie_Pixie
Old 26-04-2010, 11:03 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSMCAWBER View Post

ooh and can I ask Consultant31 or anyone who might know...I have noticed things like:-
2 ryvita original/dark rye/seame and
4 ryvita original/dark rye/sesame
Both on the options for healthy extra B -is the difference for male/female? or am I missing something -I don't want to be short changing hubby
ALSO -do they reccomend using a certain number of syns a day? only at the moment my mentality is "use as few as possible" -just wondering if you are suposed to eat a certain amount ---like on the WW point system where you are suposed to eat all of your points...
Sorry for all the questions... but if Im doing this I may as well make sure Im doing it right
i think that the reason they state both 2 and 4 ryvita is that you can have 4 as a heb but if you want to speed up your weight loss you have 2 ryvita as a heb to make them a speed food.... i'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong

Also, it is best to have between 5 and 15 syns a day. It was said on the previous thread that weight loss is better if you have your syns.

Personally if i find i haven't had many syns i will eat something to make sure i have had at least 5. But generally i have 10-15 a day

# 296
Felicity
Old 26-04-2010, 11:35 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Hi, I was just wondering what peoples thoughts were on spreading out all the syns through the week Vs consuming them all at the w/e?

I struggle to have my syns during the week, I dont really have a sweet tooth, dont crave anything as such and am very happy having a no syn eating plan (with the exception of a 1teaspoon syn of manuka honey a day for health reasons).

At the week-end I do however like to treat myself whilst staying within the confines of the plan. Wine is my real treat plus maybe some clover on bread, skinny cow ice creams etc.

I love doing sw this way but it means consuming 60-70 syns at the w/e and only 5 during the week.

Has anybody got any thoughts on this?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Felicity For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 297
Felicity
Old 26-04-2010, 11:36 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixie_Pixie View Post
i think that the reason they state both 2 and 4 ryvita is that you can have 4 as a heb but if you want to speed up your weight loss you have 2 ryvita as a heb to make them a speed food.... i'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong

Also, it is best to have between 5 and 15 syns a day. It was said on the previous thread that weight loss is better if you have your syns.

Personally if i find i haven't had many syns i will eat something to make sure i have had at least 5. But generally i have 10-15 a day
Ahhh, I had wondered about the ryvita thing also but assumed it was a typo!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Felicity For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 298
MRSMCAWBER
Old 26-04-2010, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixie_Pixie View Post

Thanks for that -it makes perfect sense
Hubby will be grateful to that he can have 4 ryvita as a healthy B -he loves the things

I will try and find a way of using some syns -I think because I can have fruit for "free" I naturaly pick that as its my fave thing so I don't feel the need to use Syns -also because hubby is doing it with me I try to make our meals using a few syns as possible -so he can have his syns for beer etc
I think once all my booklets arrive and I look into doing mainly red days I may find it easier to use more syns

Once again -thankyou for your help
-6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MRSMCAWBER For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 299
PurpleJay
Old 26-04-2010, 1:20 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Just wanted to say Hi to you all. Hope you don't mind me joining in!

I have decided to have another bash at Slimming World. I was a member in 1998 and again in 2004. Previously I did weight watchers and got to goal but more recently I have tried doing online slimming and lack the motivation to keep it up. I was going to go to a class this time as it does seem to work for me but for a month I decided to try following the plan myself using my 2004 books and will be putting the money away for a treat if I loose weight!

If I loose 4lb in 4 weeks, hubby says he will match what I have in the pot and I have agreed to give the money to him if I don't so a bit of extra incentive there too I am hoping for half a stone though - that'll show him

I weigh 14st 2lb at the moment which is the heaviest I have been. I want to loose at least 2 stone and preferably 3 stone. I also have to get some exercise so I will be dusting off the wii fit!

Aside from me a hubby, in our household is our 3 year old son and my mum who lives in an annexe although we usually eat together on the days we are all in. Me and the little one are veggie. Mum likes something sweet after each meal and I have been joining her so that is the first thing to cut out or I will have fruit instead. Mr T has just delivered my shopping which has lots of healthy stuff so no excuses.

Look forward to chatting and sharing our successes!

Jay x
'Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass,
it's about learning to dance in the rain'
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PurpleJay For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 300
lynnexxxo
Old 26-04-2010, 1:26 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
Hi, I was just wondering what peoples thoughts were on spreading out all the syns through the week Vs consuming them all at the w/e?

I struggle to have my syns during the week, I dont really have a sweet tooth, dont crave anything as such and am very happy having a no syn eating plan (with the exception of a 1teaspoon syn of manuka honey a day for health reasons).

At the week-end I do however like to treat myself whilst staying within the confines of the plan. Wine is my real treat plus maybe some clover on bread, skinny cow ice creams etc.

I love doing sw this way but it means consuming 60-70 syns at the w/e and only 5 during the week.

Has anybody got any thoughts on this?
Some weeks I have used my syns everyday and lost and some weeks I've went a bit mad and had all my syns at the weekend and still lost. So I don't really know. Certainly our consultant doesn't encourage you to have all your syns in the one day. I think a lot of it is to do with the fact that after a few drinks the nibbles come out, crisps, nuts and then its to hell with it. Three slices of roasted cheese later you think you have really blown it.

What about giving yourself 20 syns on a friday, saturday and sunday and only 5 the other days. I think that sounds reasonable, and if your don't loose then can reassess it.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lynnexxxo For This Useful Post: Show me >>