Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    Boiler/ gas service to sell my house??
    • #1
    • 10th Feb 10, 10:42 PM
    Boiler/ gas service to sell my house?? 10th Feb 10 at 10:42 PM
    My boiler has not been serviced recently. House is sold subject to contract and we are ready to exchange. My buyer has now requested I get Landlords gas safety cert/ boiler service at my expense (he is buying it as a buy to let). My solicitor has advised I should not do it, and that buyer should get it checked if he wants to (in the same way that if you get a survey done, you pay, not the seller). My EA agent however, thinks I am being unreasonable in refusing?! (on my solicitors advice!). EA of the property I am buying says this is not a standard request and it is reasonable to say he should do this at his expense. I don't want the sale to fall through over this (obviously), but getting conflicting advice.

    As far as I know the system is fine, never had any issues whatsoever, been advised the cert. will be 60-80 plus any repair costs.

    Thoughts anyone?

    Thanks in advance
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,876Posts Today

6,039Users online

Martin's Twitter