Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Essential Money > Insurance & Life Assurance > Complaints procedures - Aviva/Cunningham Lindsey/... (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Complaints procedures - Aviva/Cunningham Lindsey/Oriel
Closed Thread
Views: 4,287
# 1
h.cowell
Old 25-11-2009, 2:26 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Default Complaints procedures - Aviva/Cunningham Lindsey/Oriel

I have a quick question. We are in dispute with our insurance company/claims handler/appointed builder, and have seen various comments on the forum about going through formal complaint channels. What might those be? We have already complained till we're blue in the face, but if it hasn't been through the 'official' channels can that come back to bite us if we pursue the issue legally?

I know that Cunningham Lindsey have a complaints e-mail addy, but I would have thought that with the number of complaining e-mails I have sent so far to various people, that it might have counted as a 'complaint'...

Sorry - went on a bit....!

More here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=2090797 Insurance broker: Post Office / Insurance Company: Aviva / Claims Handler: Cunningham Lindsey / Contracting Company: Oriel Services
# 2
dacouch
Old 25-11-2009, 2:35 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Your complaint about cunninghams, any builder they or the Insurers have appointed should be made to your Insurers as these companies are working on behalf of your Insurers. You need to send an "Official Complaint" preferably by recorded delivery / signed for. It will detail how to make an official complaint in your policy booklet or your Insurers website
The Following User Says Thank You to dacouch For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
Simulacraton
Old 25-11-2009, 5:09 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Send a message via ICQ to Simulacraton

As above, however they may provide separate complaints details if you request them.

It will outline how to make a complaint. Once they have received your complaint, which you can make verbally or in writing, the firm you are complaining too has to acknowledge your complaint within 5 working days. After that, they have, effectively, up to 8 weeks to make a formal response. It's rare, but it can take longer but they will inform you of this in writing. If they don't reply or you are not satisfied you can then take it further by going to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

The FOS have a look at it, decide if you have a valid complaint and either turn it down or investigate further themselves.
The Following User Says Thank You to Simulacraton For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 4
dacouch
Old 25-11-2009, 5:38 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

You could try a quick email to Beccus who has the unfortunate job of dealing with the many Asprea / Aviva complaints for MSE members. She is the official Aviva rep on MSE so welcomes the chance to try and sort problems out for MSE members

rebecca.sibley@aviva.co.uk

Make sure you give her your Name, Policy Number and Claim Number so she can access your records
The Following User Says Thank You to dacouch For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5
Kittian_the_Blue
Old 25-11-2009, 8:19 PM
MoneySaving Convert

OP - the complaints process is in the back of your policy booklet - it will give you the address to write to - Suggest you write directly to you insurers as Dacouch has mentioned above as your contract is with them and not C/L - if you are not comfortable writing it yourself get your solicitor to do it - even if you write it yourself it is worth getting your solicitor to run their eyes over it as you don't want to prejudice any court action.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kittian_the_Blue For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6
h.cowell
Old 26-11-2009, 8:39 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Helpful advice from everyone - thank you. I particularly like the idea of having the solicitor check over any written complaint that we make
The Following User Says Thank You to h.cowell For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 7
tangiblesolutions
Old 26-11-2009, 12:56 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Make sure you follow the complaints procedure on the policy. If you continue to complain to the claims handler you will go blue in the face then white then red. THEY JUST DO NOT LISTEN TO THEIR CUSTOMERS. Make sure you log every conversation you have. The complaints process does generally work, however the only person that suffers is YOU the CUSTOMER as it can take a while to hear from the CEO office. Good luck. By the way, I believe Oriel are owned by Cunningham Lyndsey!!

MW
# 8
missile
Old 26-11-2009, 1:52 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Complain to Aviva in writing, but don't expect they will do anything. You may even get Baccus on here telling you how keen Aviva are to put things right. I may wrong, but this seems nothing more than a cynical marketing ruse to placate readers of this forum?
&q!!!;! !!!!!!'! g!!!!!!!! !! m!!!!!!d !y h!w !! !!!!!! !!! w!!!!!! m!m!!!!.&q!!!; ~ M!h!!m! Gh!!d! !!d! h!!d !! !!!y h!m!
Closed Thread