IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Birthday freebies?
Views: 16,707
# 1
WOW Factor 0
cupcakelady
Old 30-09-2009, 12:45 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Default Birthday freebies?

Hi

I came across a site which gave details of companies that send u freebies on your birthday if you have signed up to them, but it was for the US only. Does anyone know of any such offers for the UK?

Ta
Reply With Quote Report Post
# 2
pozmu
Old 30-09-2009, 1:16 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Ebuyer gave me free shipping voucher (next working day delivery worth 9.99 to use within a week) and 10x8 enlargement from ebuyer photo service.
# 3
Claire Bear
Old 30-09-2009, 1:41 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Barnacles chipshops let you have a free chippy tea on your birthday. Not sure Barnacles are just in Teesside though? I know if you're on the mailing list for some nightclubs in the North you get sent drinks vouchers and free entry stuff on your birthday
Quote:
D'you know, in 900 years of space and time, I've never met anyone who wasn't important
The Doctor

Taste The Rainbow
# 4
NeverInDebt
Old 30-09-2009, 2:03 AM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

I been a customer of theres for over 5 years and spent around 2k of stuff and haven't once had a voucher. Lucky you

Quote:
Originally Posted by pozmu View Post
Ebuyer gave me free shipping voucher (next working day delivery worth 9.99 to use within a week) and 10x8 enlargement from ebuyer photo service.
# 5
kimmy112
Old 30-09-2009, 10:25 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Dove sent me some shower cream and a card on my birthday
MAY FREEBIESFree Jar of Sharwoods Sauce.10 Argos gift card. Picture Hanging Strips. Fairy WUL. Live Mealworms. Hipp Preggy bits. Perfume. Lipton Tea x3. Pack of snack a jacks. Genome fridge magnets. Fuel Rights Book.
# 6
cupcakelady
Old 30-09-2009, 7:04 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Thanks, I have already signed up to Dove so I'll see if I'm lucky...
# 7
Saetana
Old 01-10-2009, 5:32 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Thumbs up

Om my birthday this year I got a 30ml Anew Thermalift Face Lifting Cream (priced 20 in current brochure!) from Avon. Wicked! Not sure if you'd get it if you've never bought anything from them (which I do but not frequently - 3.50 postage!) but worth a try!

# 8
wordwizard
Old 17-10-2009, 7:37 PM
MoneySaving Convert

matalan sent me a card and 5 card off a 30 spend which came in handy, you have to register to get a matalan card so you can shop in store
# 9
gemmacarolyn
Old 17-10-2009, 9:52 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Jackpotjoy give you max cards in a bingo room of your choice on your birthday-which could be very profitable !!
Best win of 2010: Ipad 2011: 500 2012: VISA Olympic package. 2013: Suitcase worth 295!
# 10
mesb210776
Old 19-10-2009, 2:39 PM
MoneySaving Convert

My local McDonalds give you a free medium meal (or kids meal) on your birthday if you produce proof, you just have to ask!
2010: shirt signed by Button and Hamilton 400 mothercare vouchers and fairy non bio scrabbel trickster Senseo Latte Coffee Machine
2011: eyeshadow, dr who figures, that's life 3000!!!
2012: Mother's day bouquet
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mesb210776 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 11
Princess Star
Old 19-10-2009, 2:55 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Ooooh could come in handy, 'tis my birthday in two weeks
# 12
cupcakelady
Old 19-10-2009, 11:53 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

I don't usually have fast food, but a free McDonalds would be nice - the large corporations make enough money, so a free meal would be good!
# 13
johncaduk
Old 20-10-2009, 12:10 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Hi,
Join up with your local Gala bingo hall and they'll give you a free afternoon/nights bingo session for you and 2 friends on your birthday! Plus get 50 Nectar points whenever you attend and swipe your membership card. These can be cashed in for vouchers/gift cards which you can use towards free games, food and booze... Also, I think there's a Festival of Free Bingo nationwide this week (18-22nd Oct) but best check there website for details.
The top bingo prize is the High 5 250,000 twice a day game. Good luck...

Last edited by johncaduk; 20-10-2009 at 12:13 AM. Reason: i'm a sucker for correct syntax
The Following User Says Thank You to johncaduk For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 14
Pip26
Old 20-10-2009, 12:34 AM

cupcakelady - you are making me think of cake again when your name alone always makes me think of icing, light sponge, mmmm - butter cream!!!!!!!! etc!!!!!!!! and for some unkown reason, always home-made chocolate or brightly decorated ones!

Have signed up to various things, normally 'food outlets' that send through e-mails with offers on, e.g. a bottle of wine or free dessert but only if you go to the place and buy a main course or have a certain number of people booked in there. Do get a few cards from various clubs/panels: am just trying to recall, Jack Daniels is one, some cheerful children's ones that I do on behalf of neices and nephews have sent them to me instead, Crayola for example, but can't think of any actual physical items that come through the post at the mo. Will post if I think of any.

Last year I sent of for every freebie under the sun and although I couldn't resist opening some, I put a lot in a bag unopened. I filled an 'industrial sized' (well, one of those huge, gussetted) Lidl bags and had the mother of all Christmas stockings! Depends what freebies are around and whether or not you open them as they come but as most don't have any indication of what they are on the outside, i had some really nice surprises like full size make up and edible treats as well as some useful household items.

Will post again if any come to mind.
# 15
cupcakelady
Old 20-10-2009, 12:44 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

"...your name alone always makes me think of icing, light sponge, mmmm - butter cream!!!!!!!! etc!!!!!!!! and for some unkown reason, always home-made chocolate or brightly decorated ones!"

Lol!
The Following User Says Thank You to cupcakelady For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 16
cupcakelady
Old 20-10-2009, 12:53 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Smile

Oh dear - I hope you're not on a diet, otherwise my name won't be helping!!
The Following User Says Thank You to cupcakelady For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 17
Pip26
Old 20-10-2009, 12:57 AM

...... i've got to go and find some cake now .... but at the same time - - yipee ... I fancy a treat - hope it's not one of those times when i just end up eating a spoonful of drinking chocolate - actually prob. will be as I know i don't really have any cake - just really fancy it!!!!

edit ....... have just seen your last post and yes - am on diet!!!!!!!!! - at least am trying to get rid of stummy (cross between stomach and tummy) !!!!!!!

Last edited by Pip26; 20-10-2009 at 1:08 AM.
# 18
Pip26
Old 20-10-2009, 1:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesb210776 View Post
My local McDonalds give you a free medium meal (or kids meal) on your birthday if you produce proof, you just have to ask!
Do you know if they all do this and how do we go about getting it?

Hope this doesn't sound silly - do we just walk in on day with proof of date and ask for one?
# 19
simplepete
Old 20-10-2009, 1:30 AM
MoneySaving Convert

TGI fridays send offers for your birthday
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to simplepete For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 20
Pip26
Old 03-11-2009, 12:07 AM

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...html?t=2045693

Free Nandos meal for the birthday person at certain venues - no other spend required.