Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    she grinch
    Crafting for Christmas 2009, let's begin again.......
    • 26th Dec 08, 10:47 AM
    Crafting for Christmas 2009, let's begin again....... 26th Dec 08 at 10:47 AM
    The big day has come and gone and the flannel reindeer and cupcakes were well received. Snowman soup all drunk and Pots of gold all chuckled over, with the occassional winner! at My themed hampers were oooohed and ahhhhed over and now we begin again anew for Christmas 2009. Trouble is I can't repeat this years gifts as they have all been done, so the challenge will be to find new ideas
    My first idea is to make fabric advent calenders for the 3 youngest members of the family and rag dolls as they are all girls..............
    Any more idesa out there???????
    Let the challenge begin ladies, we can do it, we can create lol
    Pucker up and kiss it Whoville! - The Grinch
Page 81
  • Laura D
    Ohh someones selling them reading done for £19 (and I've seen them else where for £25) on http://www.fabstuff.net/products/836 and he puts the following NB

NB Not dishwasher or microwave safe. Suitable for dry goods and avoid heat.

I've done some more research on the using for food;
    • Dry foods, like popcorn and nuts, can be served in the bowl by adding a layer of deli paper or parchment before filling the bowl.
    • Do not use these bowls to serve food, especially hot food - even popcorn with melted butter. Record vinyl is not a food-grade material and may leach harmful chemicals.
    So it can be used but probably better for pre-wrapped sweeties or at least put in a paper napkin or something.
    • sethsgran
    • By sethsgran 14th Sep 09, 10:10 AM
    • 2,859 Posts
    • 4,743 Thanks
    sethsgran
    Hi how about the following idea for grandma from the children for christmas so lovely I think. I love the green monster

http://extraspecialtouch.co.uk/convert%20children's%20drawing's%20into%20embroide ry.html
    • stardrops42
    • By stardrops42 14th Sep 09, 2:10 PM
    • 855 Posts
    • 4,759 Thanks
    stardrops42
    Here's a little doll I made which I am giving as a gift for christmas. The pattern is from the "sew pretty homestyle" book which I love I've just sent for the "christmas gifts" book from the the Tilda range as well, can't wait till it arrives

Feb GC £80 per week (Well I'm gunna try)
    Diet starts today(31/12/16)! Only 18lbs to lose

4/2/16 - 13lbs to lose
    11/2/16 - 12lbs to lose
    3/3/16 - 11lbs to lose
  • rufusdog52
    Thats beautiful stardrops, you are so clever xx

• threelittlepigs
    finally my post its arrived!
    now i need to try "borrow" some beer mats lol
  • mary-op
    stardrops - love the doll.............clever you

threelittlepigs - can't wait to see what you do with them

I'm still racking my poor little brain about what to do with an old mousemat :confused: Asked OH and he's no idea..............help
    I would be unstoppable if only I could get started !

(previously known as mary43)
    • sethsgran
    • By sethsgran 14th Sep 09, 6:18 PM
    • 2,859 Posts
    • 4,743 Thanks
    sethsgran
    Here's a little doll I made which I am giving as a gift for christmas. The pattern is from the "sew pretty homestyle" book which I love I've just sent for the "christmas gifts" book from the the Tilda range as well, can't wait till it arrives

Originally posted by stardrops42
    I love the Tida patterns and that is a cute doll. I am making the hobby reindeer for 2 of my grandchildren
    • stardrops42
    • By stardrops42 14th Sep 09, 6:39 PM
    • 855 Posts
    • 4,759 Thanks
    stardrops42
    I love the Tida patterns and that is a cute doll. I am making the hobby reindeer for 2 of my grandchildren
    Originally posted by sethsgran
    Oh I bet the reindeer are lovely, my book has the hobby horses in which are so cute. Are the reindeer in the christmas gifts book?

4/2/16 - 13lbs to lose
    11/2/16 - 12lbs to lose
    3/3/16 - 11lbs to lose
    • sethsgran
    • By sethsgran 14th Sep 09, 8:16 PM
    • 2,859 Posts
    • 4,743 Thanks
    sethsgran
    Star drops check out these copies on Amazon... http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/0715325507/ref=sr_1_olp_2?ie=UTF8&s=gateway&qid=1252955178&sr =8-2
  • s_michaels
    I'm finding it really hard to get any enthusiasm to do things, anyone got any suggestions?

*~* My life is a little mystery that I am still trying to solve*~*
    • sethsgran
    • By sethsgran 14th Sep 09, 8:52 PM
    • 2,859 Posts
    • 4,743 Thanks
    sethsgran
    Make a list and do the smallest/quickest jobs first?? sorry no other ideas except to put the list up on fridge or inside your wardrobe door! That way as you cross things out as they are done you will realise that you are achieving lots and that should spur you on
  • s_michaels
    thanks sethsgran

found this place today, apologies if it's already been posted, I've also posted it on the card making forum

http://www.madaboutcards.com/section.php/1152/0/Craft_Pound_Shop

but I have just found out that it is a minimum order of £15 and postage is £3.75
    Last edited by s_michaels; 14-09-2009 at 9:20 PM.

*~* My life is a little mystery that I am still trying to solve*~*
    • stardrops42
    • By stardrops42 14th Sep 09, 10:38 PM
    • 855 Posts
    • 4,759 Thanks
    stardrops42
    Thanks for that sethsgran, have just ordered my copy

4/2/16 - 13lbs to lose
    11/2/16 - 12lbs to lose
    3/3/16 - 11lbs to lose
    • sethsgran
    • By sethsgran 15th Sep 09, 8:02 AM
    • 2,859 Posts
    • 4,743 Thanks
    sethsgran
    Glad to be of service!
    • irishgirl62
    • By irishgirl62 15th Sep 09, 12:07 PM
    • 1,544 Posts
    • 5,631 Thanks
    irishgirl62
    love the doll stardrops!!
    I am determined to lose weight!
    Weight loss so far 2 stones 6lbs!!
  • sallyx
    Gosh I really need to get organised and start making things...I do have some lovely socks to make a sock monkey but thats as far as Ive got
    I'll make a wish, take a chance, make a change And breakaway. I'll take a risk, take a chance, make a change and breakaway ....
    Finally Debt Free...
    • Claire Bear
    • By Claire Bear 15th Sep 09, 4:06 PM
    • 1,372 Posts
    • 3,047 Thanks
    Claire Bear
    I need to start my sock monkey for my OH, got some black and white stripy ones but the stripes are the wrong way round, instead of the toe being black it's white which seems unusual. I was going to use some amigurumi plastic eyes on a white stripe but they'll be too low down now so not sure what I'm going to do. Also boyfriend recently lost his job so he's in the house all the time now and I can't get on with it without him seeing. Managing to sneak a little bit of crafty stuff in before I go to sleep though
  • jenagain
    Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has any experience at doing craft fairs? What do you sell? How do you work out prices?! How much stock should you have per fair?

Sorry for all the questions, I've been offered a stall at a market in December but wont say yes until I have more of an idea of what I'm letting myself in for!! If I think its possible I'll attempt to book some more.

I have a few ideas but any help would be really appreciated

So far I've thought of sock monkeys, felt food, knitted mug cozies, mini scrapbooks (just decorating the cover), snowman soup....
    Grocery Challenge £5.43/£320.00
    Don't Throw Food Away Challenge £0.00/£5.00
    • Claire Bear
    • By Claire Bear 15th Sep 09, 4:58 PM
    • 1,372 Posts
    • 3,047 Thanks
    Claire Bear
    I'm considering doing a craft stall too and would be interested in the answers to this. Most of my things would be small cheap items like pebble magnets, snowman soups, reindeer food, sock cupcakes, sock pints, tree decorations etc at about £1 - £3 each. How far in advance do you have to book tables, or does it depend which area you're in? Sock monkeys is a great idea but I don't think I;d have the patience to make loads, maybe two or three.
    • stardrops42
    • By stardrops42 15th Sep 09, 5:00 PM
    • 855 Posts
    • 4,759 Thanks
    stardrops42
    Claire Bear - Here's a monkey I did for a colleague and he's got a white face, I know he's not strped but I thought it would give you an idea of what your monkey might look like with a white nose For the eyes just use a black button on top of a white one

4/2/16 - 13lbs to lose
    11/2/16 - 12lbs to lose
    3/3/16 - 11lbs to lose
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

105Posts Today

2,000Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin