Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Archna
    • By MSE Archna 14th Jul 09, 4:02 PM
    • 1,872Posts
    • 5,996Thanks
    MSE Archna
    Add your feedback on Mobile Recycler Simply Drop
    • 14th Jul 09, 4:02 PM
    Add your feedback on Mobile Recycler Simply Drop 14th Jul 09 at 4:02 PM
    This thread has been running a long time. Please see the latest feedback at the end of this thread, not the top

This is a feedback thread on old mobile buying firm

Simply Drop

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Was it fast and efficient?
    • Did you get your cash promptly?
    • Did you have any problems?
    • Did it pay what it said it would?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Last edited by MSE Archna; 11-01-2011 at 7:15 PM.
    Report inappropriate posts: forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

Page 1
  • rworth6
    • 15th Jul 09, 8:24 AM
    Not the same amount as quoted
    • 15th Jul 09, 8:24 AM
    I used the link to simply drop and was quoted £1 less than this website. I also then tried the below link and was also quoted £1 less. I then tried Banana Green and found that the quote matched the actual price from the website. So be sure to try other links if the 1st doesn t match
  • starlaa
    • 2nd Aug 09, 8:51 PM
    • 2nd Aug 09, 8:51 PM
    Feedback for selloldmobile, BEWARE! I send them a Nokia 6500 slide in great condition and waited for my £50. A month later I still didn't get it so tried ringing, no one answered so I emailed after a few days still no reply. I emailed again - they replied and apologised saying my emails had being going into their spam folder.

So anyway I got the cheque a few days later but it was £20 instead of £50 - for a non-working phone which was absolute lies!!! I wrote a letter sent it by recorded delivery demanding the extra £30 because my phone WAS working and wasn't scratched and certainly didn't need a new fascia and screen like their letter suggested. They sent me a letter back pretty quickly and, to their credit, with the extra £30 and £5 to cover my postage, not sure how much they think recorded delivery is!

So I would say be very very careful because they may try this with lots of people. If you can, use a different company. I'm going to you simply drop this time which is a post office company,
  • Annie New
    • 7th Aug 09, 11:09 AM
    • 7th Aug 09, 11:09 AM
    I tried to use simplydrop.co.uk to sell my sony ericsson. I registered on the website OK, but did not receive the confirmation e-mail with the details on. I contacted simplydrop several times about the confirmation e-mail (I contacted them both via the website and the phone). They did not reply at all to my e-mails, the person on the phone was very apologetic, but the e-mail with the details and reference number still did not arrive.

Also, they will not send a cheque, you need to be really up to date with technilogy to work out how to receive their money.

Needless to say, I will not be sending them my phone, and am dealing with another company instead. I would not recommend simplydrop.

Annie
  • TLR
    • 7th Aug 09, 12:38 PM
    • 7th Aug 09, 12:38 PM
    From reading the T&C's of Simply Drop, if your phone isn't up to scratch, they won't send you it back? So you have to lump whatever amount of money they give you instead?
  • phoenixk
    • 7th Aug 09, 12:57 PM
    • 7th Aug 09, 12:57 PM
    Uh-oh

I was going to use these guys as they are offering the best price for the N95 8GB but it doesnt look good does it!
  • jemzzz
    • 9th Aug 09, 2:54 PM
    Okay
    • 9th Aug 09, 2:54 PM
    I send about 10-15 mobile phones into simply drop a week. The take 7-14 for payment after they have received the phones and very often it take more to the 14 day side of the scale. They have given me full price every single time but once, and when they don't its hell. 1) They will not send your phone back (they will not even bother trying). 2) The price that they give you when they say its not working is very little much less than all the other companies.

So you can take a risk and send it in and if it is all okay you will get the best price out of every one else. Or you get peanuts for your phone is its "not working".
  • EmmaE
    • 10th Aug 09, 12:06 PM
    • 10th Aug 09, 12:06 PM
    Awful Awful Awful!! I have been waiting over two months for payment!! Have sent about 10 phones in total and half are not paying out as they are "broken" which is an absolute lie! I personally wiped the devices myself and checked them over for faults before I sent them off!! Do not go with this site ... Fonebank is the best and will be sticking with that one in future!
  • AmazingAsh
    • 10th Aug 09, 3:42 PM
    • 10th Aug 09, 3:42 PM
    I sent in my nokia n95 8gb around 4-5 weeks ago. It got approved for payment within 3 days. Yet i'm still waiting for payment. I have contacted them via e-mail 3 times and have had no reply. Convieniently there is no telephone number listed anywhere for them. I even tried contacting royal mail head office because they claim to be a part of the royal mail group, however when speaking to them i was told that they weren't and that they didn't have a phone number for them.

If anyone doees have a contact number for them i would appreciate it.

However if you are thinking of using this service i wouldn't you would be better off taking a few pounds less and sending them off to a more reliable company.
  • thebrow2000
    Yeah agree they are a slow payer - stick to fonebank if you want a fast service.

Sent phone in on 29th August and got text message 5th August and a postal order on 11th Aug. This is compared to fonebank - received their cheque on 31st July

INSERT CATCHY PHRASE HERE
    • PurplePow
    • By PurplePow 15th Aug 09, 5:27 PM
    • 1,070 Posts
    • 1,945 Thanks
    PurplePow
    I'm worried now!

Sent a Nokia N95 into Simply Drop a while ago and the 'approved' email came promptly. However over a week later and still waiting for payment, with no reply to an e-mail!
    Tried their 'helpline' phone number... it doesn't work. :confused:
    Swagbucks 2015: £30 Amazon
    GlobalTestMarket 2015: £60
  • AmazingAsh
    i finally received my postal order 2 days after i phoned them.

The number incase anybody needs it to pester them for your money is 0845 5050188
    • jd87
    • By jd87 17th Aug 09, 6:41 PM
    • 2,245 Posts
    • 1,203 Thanks
    jd87
    Does anyone know if you need to send the battery with the phone? Can't find anything on the website.

• PurplePow
    • By PurplePow 18th Aug 09, 6:49 PM
    • 1,070 Posts
    • 1,945 Thanks
    PurplePow
    I'm worried now!

Sent a Nokia N95 into Simply Drop a while ago and the 'approved' email came promptly. However over a week later and still waiting for payment, with no reply to an e-mail!
    Tried their 'helpline' phone number... it doesn't work. :confused:
    Originally posted by GemmaC25
    Just to update: Finally received payment over the 7 days they mention, and they never did reply to any e-mails!
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 21st Aug 09, 12:00 PM
    • 7,474 Posts
    • 5,384 Thanks
    pmduk
    Their number is 0845 5050188. It does work I've just used it to query non-payment of my phone. So far they've had the phone for 3 weeks and it may take another 7-14 WORKING days for payment. The only good thing is they've not quibbled that the phones are working.

Only use them if you're able and willing to wait for payment.
    • jd87
    • By jd87 26th Aug 09, 1:35 PM
    • 2,245 Posts
    • 1,203 Thanks
    jd87
    I sent them a perfectly working phone, quoted £140 for it. They sent an email today saying it is "not working" and will only pay me £126. What the hell?

• knopfler2009
    Same happened to me. Stated the handset was not working when it was in perfect condition. I wish I had looked into them before I sent the phone but I assumed they would be OK because they appear on Martins comparison tool. Lesson learned I guess.
    Does anyone have a postal address for them?
    Last edited by knopfler2009; 03-09-2009 at 10:00 AM.
    • PurplePow
    • By PurplePow 3rd Sep 09, 6:21 PM
    • 1,070 Posts
    • 1,945 Thanks
    PurplePow
    Just had a very different second experience with them|!

Sent off a Samsung Soul which was quoted at £74. The envelope was slow to arrive but I sent it off and within a few days they confirmed receipt.

I was prepared to wait a good 2 weeks for my money again, as before, however this time 2 hours later the payment had been made into my PayPal account!

Maybe they are getting their act together? :confused:
  • FALKIRKBAIRN42
    Very happy with Simply Drop
    I was quoted £52.00 for my Sony Ericsson C702 by Simply Drop which was by far the best quote I could get. The envelope arrived promptly and it had a Falkirk address on it. I personally went to their office on 4th Sept 09 and I found them professional and helpful. Jennifer (Customer Care Advisor) gave me a typed receipt. On 6th Sept 09 I received an e-mail saying mobile was working and Postal Order for £52.00 was on its way. Postal Order arrived on 11th Sept 09. I had been unsure about using this service after reviewing some of the comments. However I can honestly say I was delighted with the service and the price I got for my mobile. Thank you Simply Drop!
    Last edited by FALKIRKBAIRN42; 14-09-2009 at 10:02 PM.
  • mashville
    Do not touch these jokers with a barge poll.I sent them a perfectly good nokia 6500 slide and had an email back saying it is not working.They seem to be doing this to a lot of honest people.You have been warned,trade with a more reputable company even if they offer less cash.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,362Posts Today

9,154Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • In or near York? This Wed the @itvmlshow Roadshow" will be at the York Food & Drink Festival - do come and say hi; St Sampsons Square 11-4.

• It's the subtle poetry and lyricism of tweets like this that I find so endearing https://t.co/XhSKBCGyXe

• Interesting well argued take on the Uber situation from a black cab driver... https://t.co/c1I5ta0jde

• Follow Martin