Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    MSE Martin
    Time to reveal my secret past
    • 24th Jan 06, 4:03 PM
    Time to reveal my secret past 24th Jan 06 at 4:03 PM
    People who remember me on my first TV appearances doing the 'Deal of the Day' on Simply Money TV 2000-1 will know what's coming.....

Every day I did a new 'funny money' character to intro and outro the clips. Having recently found the tapes, I've had a few edited together.

WATCH COMEDY CAPERS
    Windows Media/Quicktime
    (note these files should stream, but may download depending on your software, it is a sizeable 10Mb file so will take some time)

Not sure I could get away with doing them now, but they used to be a really good way to intro the characters. Does anyone on the forum remember them originally?

In fact I actually did used to perform stand-up comedy for a couple of years in 1996-7, whilst trying to relieve the tedium of financial PR, so there was some background there too!
    Last edited by MSE Martin; 04-09-2006 at 12:23 AM.
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.

Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.

Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

329Posts Today

2,663Users online

Martin's Twitter