Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 1
    • wolfehouse
    • By wolfehouse 3rd Jul 08, 7:43 AM
    • 1,285 Posts
    • 838 Thanks
    wolfehouse
    • 3rd Jul 08, 7:43 AM
    • 3rd Jul 08, 7:43 AM
    motability cars come with insurance for named drivers and i have never heard a mention of an age limit
    http://www.motability.co.uk/main.cfm?Type=AIE
    if you get higher rate dla and intend to get one of their cars, they also have a grant scheme for driving lessons for disabled 16?-25 year olds but you'd have to ring the grants department to ask.
  • maclean2
    • 3rd Jul 08, 8:48 AM
    • 3rd Jul 08, 8:48 AM
    Hi - one of the leading brokers for disabled drivers and adapted vehicles is

www.fishadministration.co.uk

01772 733773

If they cannot help let me know as as somewhere I have the names of 2 other firms.

HTH
    Last edited by maclean2; 03-07-2008 at 8:51 AM.
    • FlameCloud
    • By FlameCloud 3rd Jul 08, 8:56 AM
    • 1,744 Posts
    • 802 Thanks
    FlameCloud
    • 3rd Jul 08, 8:56 AM
    • 3rd Jul 08, 8:56 AM
    Is there a company that will do car insurance for a 16 year old in the UK? Higher rate mobility on DLA enables 16 year olds to learn to drive at 16, but I can't find a company that offeres insurance for me at 16.

Thanks
    Originally posted by Beccax_
    For something like this- a non standard risk you'll probably have to go through a broker to get a range of options.
  • yatbebz27
    • 3rd Jul 08, 5:22 PM
    online car insurance
    • 3rd Jul 08, 5:22 PM
    maybe you should look up online car insurance and find the lowest rate and the right insurance company for your son...
    • TH1878
    • By TH1878 4th Jul 08, 6:24 PM
    • 447 Posts
    • 289 Thanks
    TH1878
    • 4th Jul 08, 6:24 PM
    • 4th Jul 08, 6:24 PM
    so basically the non disabled are discriminated against by not being able to learn til their 17
    Originally posted by Oooooooohhhh
    What a stupid comment that is! Have you thought about the issues some disabled people have with getting around; issues that non-disabled people don't have?
  • Beccax_
    • 7th Jul 08, 1:00 AM
    • 7th Jul 08, 1:00 AM
    thanks guys
    Last edited by Beccax_; 26-07-2008 at 9:36 PM.
  • punkstoner
    • 7th Jul 08, 3:15 AM
    • 7th Jul 08, 3:15 AM
    What a stupid comment that is! Have you thought about the issues some disabled people have with getting around; issues that non-disabled people don't have?
    Originally posted by TH1878
    What a stupd comment.

Have you possibly thought it is much easier for a disabled person to get around in a city with modern public transport, than it is for an able-bodied person to get around, who lives somewhere quiet, or the countryside.
    • duchy
    • By duchy 7th Jul 08, 7:01 AM
    • 17,448 Posts
    • 43,952 Thanks
    duchy
    • 7th Jul 08, 7:01 AM
    • 7th Jul 08, 7:01 AM
    Is it troll season already ?
    Just a silly person attention seeking-ignore em
    It's possible you may only be able to get insurance as part of a mobility package and it isn't sold seperately but oneof the disability helplines should be able to help you.
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

Apparently having a "Quirky and Hipster" wedding
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

6,152Posts Today

5,554Users online

Martin's Twitter