free data projector..!!! [CLOSED]

looking for a data projector, I came across this one:

http://www.projectors.co.uk/pp/Portable_Projectors/ACER_PD125.html

I actually went and ordered one (put other delivery 3 day option) and it came up with a total of GBP 10.00. I used my card just to see, if it would go through and it did.

I now got an e-mail confirming my order and telling me that they will be in touch, to process the order. My guess is that they will pick on the mis-pricing at that point, but worth a try...

anyone else..?!

Here is a descripton/picture:
http://global.acer.com/products/projector/pd125.htm

Comments

• Marvo434
    Marvo434 Posts: 427 Forumite
    Was going to, but checked their terms and conditions ...

4. PRICES
    (a) Catalogues, price lists and other advertising literature or material as used by the Company are intended only as an indication to price and range of goods offered and no prices, descriptions or other particulars contained therein shall be binding on the Company.

(b) All quoted or listed prices are based on the cost to the Company of supplying the Goods to the customer and if before delivery of Goods there occurs any increase in any way of such costs in respect of Goods which have not yet been delivered the price payable shall be subject to amendment without notice at the Company's discretion.

So no way I think.

Still, good luck! I would go further and urge NO OTHER MSE'RS TO ORDER because I feel sometimes we are our own worst enemies and if between us we order 100 then none of us will get it because it will show out so much, but if oranabana is the ONLY order he/she MAY just slip under the net. I have not ordered myself I assure you.
    "If a man says something, but there is no woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
  • oranabana
    oranabana Posts: 242
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Marvo434 wrote:
    Was going to, but checked their terms and conditions ...
    So no way I think.

Still, good luck! I would go further and urge NO OTHER MSE'RS TO ORDER because I feel sometimes we are our own worst enemies and if between us we order 100 then none of us will get it because it will show out so much, but if oranabana is the ONLY order he/she MAY just slip under the net. I have not ordered myself I assure you.

I see your point Marvo; I guess we'll have to wait and see... the next best is GBP 500.00 for a XGA Sharp... mmmh
  • rasanmoney
    rasanmoney Posts: 129 Forumite
    thanks, but not really worth giving them any of my details, theyll just take the pi**.:think:

if it did actually cost something like £100 pounds instead of £600, then we might have a chance.

oh well.
    Sorry No Links in Signatures by Site Rules - MSE Forum Team 2
  • fubar_2
    fubar_2 Posts: 123 Forumite
    I think there is a law that if they take payment for the advertised price ie £10.00 then they have entered into contract with you to supply said goods for that price :)
    Be ALERT - The world needs more LERTS
  • i just ordered one also..had to tick further information button.. only bit i didnt like was the confirmation button that said ...by clicking this button you are comitted to purchase the item...
    not on their nelly at propper price. i wont be.
  • rasanmoney
    rasanmoney Posts: 129 Forumite
    S
    Marvo434 wrote:
    till, good luck! I would go further and urge NO OTHER MSE'RS TO ORDER because I feel sometimes we are our own worst enemies and if between us we order 100 then none of us will get it because it will show out so much, but if oranabana is the ONLY order he/she MAY just slip under the net. I have not ordered myself I assure you.

so how do we stop other msers ordering so that one pearson has some chance of getting one.:p
    Sorry No Links in Signatures by Site Rules - MSE Forum Team 2
  • newfoundglory
    newfoundglory Posts: 1,912
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    fubar wrote:
    I think there is a law that if they take payment for the advertised price ie £10.00 then they have entered into contract with you to supply said goods for that price :)
    Yes, and if they break the contract at that price... you can go buy the same item elsewhere at full price then take them to small claims court in order to recover the difference paid!

I beleive the fact they confirmed the order is enough to begin the contract. If its not, then if they charge the card that definitely will!

I'd ignore the T&C's, those would never stand up in a court when a supply contract has been formed... in fact saying you can change a price seen must be illegal... at least it would be in something like a supermarket (price paid at till being more than price on shelf ticket for example)

Definitely a good approach to "money saving" :T

I wanna order one now! :D
  • rogerramjet
    rogerramjet Posts: 1,388
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Or they can be like ebuyer where they accepted orders....took the money and then refused to supply. even though it breached their own terms and conditions...thanks for reminding me...time to send them an email regarding their non supllying of the digital tv they refused to supply :)
    Welcome, rogerramjet.
    You last visited: 01-01-1970 at 01:00 AM
  • oranabana
    oranabana Posts: 242
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    ...wouldn't we be able to return the thing (if they were going to charge the full price - GBP 700 odd...) anyhow, under the 'distant selling regulation act' ?!

Just had another look at the screen shot I took, when ordering and noticed that I mistyped one digit on my visa card, yet it still went through... Any one elsewilling to try typing a random card number and see if it goes through? That would explain why they will contact you in order to confirm the order.... mmmh
  • newfoundglory
    newfoundglory Posts: 1,912
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Yeah, you would have 7 days from delivery to inform them in writing that you wish to cancel the order and return it for a full refund.

The confirmation suggests they haven't charged the card then if you typed it wrong. A lot of online retailers seem to reserve the amount from the card before sending a conformation email. Most do this even before confirming they actually have the items in stock, thus getting themselves in a mess contract wise...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure