Free swimming for young and old

This thread is to discuss the following news story:
OfficialStamp.gif

Comments

• butler_helen
    butler_helen Posts: 1,866
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    I don't mind this scheme if the children are only able to swim at certain times.

It irritates me when I've paid £3.50 to swim amongst lots of teenagers who don't respect the lanes or my personal space. The noise on some occasions when there has been free U16 swimming has been shocking- so bad I've asked for a refund and left.

I'd love to know whether the councils see a drop in paying swimmers at any point in their timetables- e.g. after 3pm or on weekends.

(Having just checked the link, only the Oxford pools I use are affected- so Oxford city council will be losing my custom unless it's an adult only night)
    If you aim for the moon if you miss at least you will land among the stars!
  • Jack's_mummy
    Jack's_mummy Posts: 660 Forumite
    In Kirklees it's only for certain sessions I believe. The lane swimming sessions are just for adults still
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    :confused: nuneaton has opted out...cant afford it according to the local rag
    onwards and upwards
  • looby75
    looby75 Posts: 23,387 Forumite
    in County Durham its for any standard session and for under 18's (not 16's much to dd's relief as she turned 16 last week and thought she was going to miss out on the freebie, brought her up in true MSE style :D) and over 60's
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure