The Second Icesave Email Thread

I thought it would be a good idea for people to post when they receive their long awaited second email from Icesave, including the first letter of their surname, length account held for, email address first letter, when they received the first email, etc (to try to see if there is any kind of order, or if it's random).

From what I understand, people should start receiving it from tomorrow morning.

Edit: No hoax claims please!

Comments

• djc1973
    djc1973 Posts: 20 Forumite
    Woo Hoo my computer is staying on & I'll be doing the electronic version of looking out for the postman all day!
  • djc1973 wrote: »
    Woo Hoo my computer is staying on & I'll be doing the electronic version of looking out for the postman all day!

You mean watching the kettle boil .... :rotfl:
  • ScarletBea
    ScarletBea Posts: 2,913
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    So, once again, people are trying to find a logic in a random process (surname, dates, account numbers...), and we'll have 10 pages of silly posts :rolleyes:

It clearly states in the Icesave FAQs of the FSCS site that:

9. In what order will the emails be batched?
    There is no fixed order in which the invitation emails will be sent out. We expect to offer compensation to the vast majority of Icesave customers in November.
    Being brave is going after your dreams head on
  • DocProc
    DocProc Posts: 855
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I have sent the FSCS an e-mail congratulating them on their efficiency so far to date and with a 'PS' asking if I can be one of the first to be paid out.

No second e-mail from them as yet - but I know they read these e-mails and so I am very, very optimistic.

:confused:
  • nilrem_2
    nilrem_2 Posts: 2,188
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    DocProc wrote: »
    I have sent the FSCS an e-mail congratulating them on their efficiency so far to date and with a 'PS' asking if I can be one of the first to be paid out.

Problem with that is the person who reads it might think "cheeky sod" and make you wait longer! :D
  • I saw a reporter from the BBC recently interviewing an expert (whose names both escape me) and he advised Icesavers to manually type in the Icesave web address (URL) into the address bar, rather than use browser Favourites, as it is (somehow) possible for scammers to actually secretly alter the "REALBANK.COM" to "FAKEBANK.COM" in their Favourites without the user even being aware of it and take them to a fake (but amazingly convincing) website.
  • noh
    noh Posts: 5,792
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    The text of the second email can be seen here on the hearfrom.com site.
  • planemad
    planemad Posts: 569
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I saw a reporter from the BBC recently interviewing an expert (whose names both escape me) and he advised Icesavers to manually type in the Icesave web address (URL) into the address bar, rather than use browser Favourites, as it is (somehow) possible for scammers to actually secretly alter the "REALBANK.COM" to "FAKEBANK.COM" in their Favourites without the user even being aware of it and take them to a fake (but amazingly convincing) website.

Totally agree, not only that it would be best not to follow any links contained in an email from the FSCS.
  • cos69
    cos69 Posts: 413 Forumite
    I saw a reporter from the BBC recently interviewing an expert (whose names both escape me) and he advised Icesavers to manually type in the Icesave web address (URL) into the address bar, rather than use browser Favourites, as it is (somehow) possible for scammers to actually secretly alter the "REALBANK.COM" to "FAKEBANK.COM" in their Favourites without the user even being aware of it and take them to a fake (but amazingly convincing) website.

Its true, that can be done by modifying the favourites folder with a bit of java script. If you allow anyone to have that sort of access to your PC, then don't worry - they will already have taken all your passwords, account information and logon details so would not need to do anything that crude which might alert you before they have emptied your bank account.
    "How could I have been so mistaken as to trust the experts" - John F Kennedy 1962
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure