Vodafone overcharging

Comments

• Hi Cyberite. I would not recognise an app. if it struck me on the nose. But am I getting an idea that she could have had the phone on H24 lapping up costs even while asleep as it were?
  • Hi Kforshaw. She was relying on text messages coming in from #Vodafone telling her it would advice if she even got close to the mimimum usage. i have seen these messages myself and I would have been assured by what was in the texts. She's pretty savvy. She has been with #Vodafone since got her first "brick" pre-1990!

So has she made a Big Mistake in getting an I-fone?
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,008
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Did she not turn data off when she went abroad? If so the bill is not really surprising.
    Since she was roaming, the data charges would not come back to Vodafone for several days, so no 'warning texts' would have been received until it was much too late.
    Not very savvy I'm afraid.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • chelldavies
    chelldavies Posts: 268
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Slightly different to the problems mentioned with dongles but I've just had a long running battle with vodafone after they have been overcharging me.
    Initially i was told they had overcharged for approx 18 months and they would work out what they owed and pay it back.
    A couple of weeks later I was told they can only refund 3 months which amounted to £25.
    I didn't let this go and was then offered a goodwill gesture of £100.
    Anyway after a lot of persistence and phone calls (customer relations seem more helpful and able to do things than the call centres) they finally refunded me the full £250 :eek: they owed.
    I shall be keeping a much closer eye on my bills from now on!
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Hi walltoall,

I am sorry to hear that your wife received an unexpected large bill.

Did she turn off data roaming whilst abroad? If not, it may have been using data to update applications. If you would like me to take a look at the charges on the account, you can contact me via the email address shown here. You will need to put the subject as WRT135 FAO Heidi in the subject so that it reaches me directly.

Best wishes,

Heidi
    Web Relations Team
    Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • I don't think automatic updates eat up even a fraction of the 16GB excess usage. I think it could be a wrong diagnosis on the part of vodafone. I have heard of reports of faulty usage charges levied.
    This post provides guidance only. It does not constitute financial advice
  • My brother is travelling around Australia and manged create a £451 bill .... With that his account was barred due to over usage. I contacted them on my brothers behalf and my parents and I choice to keep the br on his account so too stop any more crazy bills.
    The customer advisor told me we could take the bar off as I would need to contact a different department so we assumed the bar would stay on.
    My brother starts using an Australian pay and go sim card and stops using Vodafone.
    We receive. Bill today for 1 month of £11,750 ....... I contact them and ask them one how the hell this could be and two why the bar was taken off.
    they tell me they took the bar off after I asked them not too and they say tht is th bill amount.

All this is the charge for data

Time to contact our solicitors ..... Any advice
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Hi beckyminime,

I have just replied to your other post here.

Thanks,

Heidi
    Web Relations Team
    Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Heidi, we have contacted voda via phone but was told someone would contact me 12th April ... I've heard nothing
  • Hello

Ive just received a bill which is well over what i usually pay. I have checked the itemised bill and most of the data chargers were on the 31st august all the same amount of data for the same time period 1 hour 8 minutes if i remember rightly.

I was working all day then had a quite night in and even left my phone at home by accident.

It is quite clear to me i have not used this data as i have WiFi at home.

I have spoken to a guy at there who basically told me there was nothing they could do. and that i would need proof to then be 'refunded'. I cannot afford to pay the excess nor to i think i should have to as from the charges it is clear that i haven't been using it.

Please help.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family