The Ultimate February Challenge

Comments

• thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Oh I can't wait for March. Love the tougher approach coming NSK, think we all need it for various reasons. And good god that is some overtime :eek:.

Won't need to spend anymore till Thursday payday apart from ebay postage and still got some money for that in my wallet. Spreadsheets are ready, March here I come (February please finish asap).
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024

• ******* March's Challenge will be up TONIGHT ******
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • Ninno820
    Ninno820 Posts: 765 Forumite
    oooh - I cant wait to see what evils you have in store for us!!

First day back at work ( I love it really!) and its a SFD. I was given a calendar for christmas which I dont particulalry like. Every night before bed I write up my step count for the day and how much I've spent / SFD / NSD etc. Its become part of my routine now.

I am struggling with ebay at the moment - my carp is too carp to be attractive I guess!
    44 day challenge

1. Pay £650 off overdraft (£ 288/ £650)
    2. Lose 12 lbs (4.5/ 12)
    3. Use YNAB everyday (6/44)
  • http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4466159

May I apologise in advance...And I forgot to take NSK CHALLENGE out before posting... eejit!
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • Oooohhh Kat can't wait....

Got two watchers on one my e-bay items but didn't get anymore on last night. Going to wait now for the March challenge.

I've totally blew my budgets and am gutted with myself. But as this was my first month doing it I'm hoping I can sort out where I went wrong.

Hope everyone had a lovely cheap weekend.
    TOTAL DEBT - £10866.22/£450.06 PAID O/S £10416.16
    CC - £174.69 - The rest is a family loan and other debts which are 0%
    August Grocery Challenge - £0.00/£250.00

• Ohhh my newbie picture has gone :j:j
    Signed up for the new challenge. Let battle commence :)
    TOTAL DEBT - £10866.22/£450.06 PAID O/S £10416.16
    CC - £174.69 - The rest is a family loan and other debts which are 0%
    August Grocery Challenge - £0.00/£250.00

• Gretchen my budget went out the window too - am so annoyed. But we can pull it back in this month... well done for signing up to the next one.. lets get those budgets done!
  • :j Have signed up :j I'm pretty pleased with Feb, the spends budget was gone over but very hard with birthdays and school hols to contend with as well as my eldest actually needing clothes, boiler and car both breaking down :mad: and tbh i'm pretty impressed that I kept it as low as I did. Though I did have a couple of slip ups. BUT March needs to make up for this and I WILL find something to ebay this month and really work on the find £100 as well as get a grip of keeping track of the SFDs. I am ready for action! Rrraaaahhhhh! :p
  • Oh also wanted to just add I still havent bought any alcohol since NYE as we had that little conversation in Januarys challenge. Actually feeling quite good and not missing it at all. (Loving my new empty bottle recycling bin!)
  • nannygladys
    nannygladys Posts: 3,050
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Hi everyone, just signed for Marches challange and as Im off the next three days I can do some work on the old budgets and I must see if I can get my head around ebay, I have an account but that is as far as Ive got:)

I have had an SFD and until the end of Feb all days should be SFD's:) but thats not going to make any difference to my smashed targets:(

Anyway got a few days holiday in March so going to holiday from home and get visiting some local places and allow myself a tiny bit of money to treat myself to a drink out (only coffee as I will be driving) so thats about it really. My friend who gives me the odd curry etc gave me some soup today and its tasted really good - BUT Ive now got stomach ache:(I think it must have been the coconut milk she put in it. So going to have some peppermint tea to see if that will help.

Hope everyone is OK
    Jxx
    2024 is going to be a positive year for me, and it's starting now!! 
    Buys: All budgeted and paid by cash!
    Jan - fridge/freezer
              Hoover
    Feb - milk frother, curtain pole x2, roller blind - bathroom, toilet seat, bath sink taps, kitchen sink waste unit and an extra double electric socket.
    March - raised bed for garden, bathroom cabinet, roller blind - kitchen

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport