Cancel or change emirates flight tickets

Comments

• andyj941
    andyj941 Posts: 33 Forumite
    And by the way I'd definitely recommend going straight via the airline when booking flights!
  • mad_rich
    mad_rich Posts: 868
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    andyj941 wrote: »
    Anyone else had experience making changes and the website not reflecting them straight away?

Trick sticking your surname and 6-digit PNR into https://www.checkmytrip.com . This has always updated instantly when I've made changes.
  • Tojo_Ralph
    Tojo_Ralph Posts: 8,373
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    andyj941 wrote: »
    Anyone else had experience making changes and the website not reflecting them straight away?

From my own experences when calling and making itinerary changes with various airlines, the changes appear the moment that the change is agreed and the bod on the other end of the line confirms the change to you. If your itinerary has not changed on the company website or https://www.checkmytrip.com then I would suggest that the changes have yet to be made... unless of course they have issued a new e-ticket number or booking code?

With regard to seat allocation, any revisions should appear on the company website, however check my trip may not update seat changes. :)
    The MSE Dictionary
    Loophole - A word used to entice people to read clearly written Terms and Conditions.
    Rip Off - Clearly written Terms and Conditions.
    Terms and Conditions - Otherwise known as a loophole or a rip off.
  • andyj941
    andyj941 Posts: 33 Forumite
    Just to let you know the eticket changed another 24 hours after the itinery changed, i was just being impatient and anxious! Customer service from ebookers was great and that of emirates was good (apart from the woman who told me that the change wouldn't incur a fee from them!). Thanks for your replies
  • Hi,

I have recently booked a ticket from netflgihts.com for the emirates flight. I want to postpone my return journey by 5 days. How to proceed with this. Already mailed netflights but not so sure what they will come back with.
    My travel is quite a far from present date. More than 3 months from now. Will appreciate any help on this.

Thanks,
    Ram
  • :eek:nightmare scenario.. booked flights to nz for march 2012 via net flights. filled in on screen details .. used my preferred name instead of given name. Contacted netflights week later when noticed. Emirates have issued e ticket - net flights want me to pay 100 percent of flight for cancellation & charge me again to book another ticket, checked with travel insurance..not covered appears gold medal travel impose their cancellation policy of 100 percent cancellation although i only want a name change.....any advice please.

• We are flying to Doha via Dubai original flt arrive Dubai from London at 0630am, 0830am to Doha this has now been cancelled and the next flt is not till 1415! so nearly 8 hrs stop over. I booked on line through travel bag but the agent is the most obnoctious person i ever dealt with i'm wondering if i would get my money back if i cancelled the Emirates flights out and back as they have also rescheduled the return flt leaving an hour earlier which that isn't a problem, not only is the long wait a night mare but my son and his wife are leaving for a holiday that night so we will now only have a few hours to familiarize to our new suroundings and all the info needed to look after the grandchildren!
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,245
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    sandramay wrote: »
    We are flying to Doha via Dubai original flt arrive Dubai from London at 0630am, 0830am to Doha this has now been cancelled and the next flt is not till 1415! so nearly 8 hrs stop over. I booked on line through travel bag but the agent is the most obnoctious person i ever dealt with i'm wondering if i would get my money back if i cancelled the Emirates flights out and back as they have also rescheduled the return flt leaving an hour earlier which that isn't a problem, not only is the long wait a night mare but my son and his wife are leaving for a holiday that night so we will now only have a few hours to familiarize to our new suroundings and all the info needed to look after the grandchildren!

Have a word with Emirates: their telephone service people are courteous and helpful, and the rules give them some discretion. Also check up on your rights when airlines make a "major" schedule change, which this is.
  • movilogo
    movilogo Posts: 3,186
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 24 April 2012 at 1:17PM
    Please let me know the procedure and charges of date change in emirates flight tickets first time/next time.Minimum how many days before one can go for change?
    Thanks,
    Happiness is buying an item and then not checking its price after a month to discover it was reduced further.
  • Incapuppy
    Incapuppy Posts: 5,713 Forumite
    movilogo wrote: »
    Please let me know the procedure and charges of date change in emirates flight tickets first time/next time.Minimum how many days before one can go for change?
    Thanks,
    Prabir Biswas

Ask Emirates or whoever you purchased the ticket from.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure