PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Freezing yoghurt and fromage frais?

Comments

• cattie
    cattie Posts: 8,841 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I've often frozen yoghurt when they've been on special offer in the shops & I find if you thaw them out within 2 or 3 weeks of freezing, they seem to be ok. But leave them any longer & they separate & thin a little bit, but taste fine.
    The bigger the bargain, the better I feel.

I should mention that there's only one of me, don't confuse me with others of the same name.
  • nicki_2
    nicki_2 Posts: 7,321 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    A friend asked me this morning whether it would be okay for her to freeze yoghurts to put in her sons packed lunch box as he wouldn't eat one last week as it had gone warm and tasted horrible apparently:rolleyes: I said I'd ask on here as you're all a wonderful source of info. So, any ideas? I'm wondering about the defrosting time for them as well on account of them being defrosted in time for lunch at 12.15 ?:confused:
    Creeping back in for accountability after falling off the wagon in 2016.
    Need to get back to old style in modern ways, watching the pennies and getting stuff done!
  • I freeze frubes the long tubes of yoghurt (only bought when on offer or reduced) and they keep the sarnies and other bits cool whilst they are defrosting. It suggests freezing them on the packet so I see no reason why not with other yoghurts and if it is still a bit frozen then it will be more like a sorbe.
    Lightbulb moment 10-06-06
    Total debt £36,996.70 June 2006
    Total debt approx £33,000 Oct 2006
    Jan 07....to be worked out but may have gone up GULP:confused: :mad: :eek:
    DFD March 2011
    DFW Nerd 111

19 jan 23 feb 5 weeks:( - grocery challenge £250
  • tiff
    tiff Posts: 6,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    AT slimming world we freeze low fat yoghurts as an alternative to ice cream. I use muller lights.
    “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey
  • tawnyowls
    tawnyowls Posts: 1,784 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Should be no problem - you can buy whipped frozen yogurt in cones as an alternative to icecream, thus normal yogurt should be freezable. Two caveats: (1) because of expansion, the tub might split, thus it would be sensible to put the carton into a small plastic tub in case of spillage and (2), it'll probably separate, so mum should warn kid about that and tell him to mix it thorougly before eating.
  • nicki_2
    nicki_2 Posts: 7,321 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Okay, she told me tonight that she actually means Fromage Frais :rolleyes: Will this still be okay ?
    Creeping back in for accountability after falling off the wagon in 2016.
    Need to get back to old style in modern ways, watching the pennies and getting stuff done!
  • mrsb_5
    mrsb_5 Posts: 155 Forumite
    nicki wrote:
    Okay, she told me tonight that she actually means Fromage Frais :rolleyes: Will this still be okay ?
    Yes definately, we freeze them in the summer with a spoon pushed through the lid, then take it out and you have a fromage frais lolly :)
    My first ever Ebay Challenge. So far after fees etc for 2007 - £635.72 :T
  • ethansmum
    ethansmum Posts: 1,780 Forumite
    My baby has decided that he no longer wants petits filous for his breakfast, so I'm left with 24 pots to use by 16 Dec! So can I freeze them like they do those ones in the tubes? I thought that may be nice as a change from ice cream.

Thanks again for all your help.
    Tracy
    July Win: Nokia 5800
  • doesnt say on the cartons just checked, and other yoghurts that we have in the fridge, i am forever binning yoghurts sometimes i think what is the point in buying them
  • ethansmum
    ethansmum Posts: 1,780 Forumite
    Yea I got particularly excited because these were on bogof so I got loads :(
    July Win: Nokia 5800
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport