HotUKDeals

Comments

• Is this the right forum for discussing another forum site? This thread is not a direct posting to a bargain to 'shop til you drop' . . .
  • mostly
    mostly Posts: 312 Forumite
    Please be aware that HUKD makes (maybe a lot) money being middle person.

Nothing wrong with that, I'm sure this site makes a fair bit of cash too ie Micro Trend Internet Security 'give away' etc.
  • Please be aware that HUKD makes (maybe a lot) money being middle person. The initial poster maybe HUKD moderator. They are popular and still generate more traffic by posting on popular forums

You will always find a Dell laptop/dekstop deal on their front page, how much money is Dell paying HUKD every month? Sorry for being too cynical.

On the thread that I started recently called "hotukdeals impartiality?" someone said the site is linked with Quidco. If that is so then they will (a) build up quidco customers and (b) possibly (probably?) get commission if customers go direct, ie not via quidco. So it's probably quite a clever business model.

Confusing thing is there is absolutely nothing on www.hotukdeals.com to show who owns it. Even the domain ownership details are protected:
    Domain name: hotukdeals.com
    Registrant Contact:
    WhoisGuard
    WhoisGuard Protected
    No idea why they are so shy, I would be quite proud of that site if I had done it. If you search for Paul Paul Nikkel and Hotukdeals on google (by clicking on that link) all you will see mainly is talk about a a wikipedia article which has been pulled, http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:eS0csFF9RRsJ:www.hotukdeals.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-61168.html+Paul+Nikkel+hotukdeals&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=2&gl=uk so don't even know what it said.
  • adr0ck
    adr0ck Posts: 2,374 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    as far as i'm aware they not the same company

however they were started by the same people
  • You have to dig really deep to find something like this. http://www.answers.com/topic/hotukdeals

Fascinating. Well done that invisible man (or woman) that created this site!
  • adr0ck wrote: »
    as far as i'm aware they not the same company

however they were started by the same people

Lots of HUKD mods and presumably "the HUKD creator" monitor MSE forums. Maybe one of them will speak up soon.

From my point of view, I love HUKD. But I just like transparency, that's all.
  • spalding
    spalding Posts: 925 Forumite
    Good site, often keep an eye on it and have picked up a fair few bargains
  • shays_mum
    shays_mum Posts: 1,693 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I really love hukd! - can't moan as to who gets the money/commission as long as i get the deal!! ;)
    Ramraideruk you might try a search under hukd.....!
    No one said it was gonna be easy!
  • I agree with that, HUKD rocks ! but it wouldn't hurt for them to be a bit more open and say it out loud.
  • mouseclick wrote: »
    Lots of HUKD mods and presumably "the HUKD creator" monitor MSE forums. Maybe one of them will speak up soon.

From my point of view, I love HUKD. But I just like transparency, that's all.

I am not allowed to post links but I recommend that you read the blog on series 3 graphics website..

Bitter Wallet / HUKD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport