Huggies nappies to be discontinued from spring 2013 grab them now if you use them

Comments

• mrskirk
    mrskirk Posts: 123 Forumite
    rchddap1 wrote: »
    huggies tend to leak in my experience. And are generally known for it.

They are the only ones that I find don't leak personally.
  • I recently tried Boots own brand ones and THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO DIFFERENCE in them - apart from the boots ones have cows on and huggies have tigger! My son is a "funny shape" and EVERY other brand on nappies have leaked or not fit, i only bought the Boots ones as we live in the middle of nowhere and I was desperate - but pleasantly surprised! - Thankfully my son is pretty much ready for toilet training, just waiting until christmas is over and done with and he is back in his "normal" routines...
  • pretzelnut
    pretzelnut Posts: 4,301 Forumite
    Apparently, they will be concentrating on the pull ups instead.

Im gutted just started trying for our 4th child and buggies have been the best nappies ever, never had any leaks or anything. Might have to start stocking up now.
    :TIs thankful to those who have shared their :T
    :T fortune with those less fortunate :T
    :T than themselves - you know who you are!
    :T
  • Please don't take this personally! Obviously everyone has their own favourite brands for their children, can I suggest that for those who do prefer Huggies that this thread focuses on Huggies offers so that those who do want to buy them can locate the best deal? Rather than a debate on the best nappies - as all of us know its a bit of trial and error to locate the best nappy for your children! What works for one child does not always work for others.
  • mrskirk
    mrskirk Posts: 123 Forumite
    Home bargains have the big pack boxes of 60 ish nappies for £8.99
  • Tescos nappies are the only brand to actually split when I used them. Huggies all the way
  • I used to use a variety of Pampers, Boots or Tesco's. I never really liked Huggies! I'll keep an eye out for discounted Huggies though for my sister who is expecting, thanks for the heads up!
    Nov NSD: 8/7 Dec NSD: 1/10
    Sealed pot member #1443 2011: £106. 2012: £171
    Ninjakat challenge: Aim to clear two debts by April 2013
    100 day challenge: No toiletries or magazines 19/100 (3 x fails :()
    Extra payment a week challenge: Total to date: £2355.53
  • Uniscots97
    Uniscots97 Posts: 6,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Not fair, I use these in all my nappy cakes as they're what people want. Any customers i've had said "Please don't use Pampers".
    CC2 = £8687.86 ([STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE] )CC1 = £0 ([STRIKE]£9983[/STRIKE] ); Reusing shopping bags savings =£5.80 vs spent £1.05.Wine is like opera. You can enjoy it even if you don't understand it and too much can give you a headache the next day J
  • I used all the main brands but found aldi nappies to be the best (and cheapest!) for both of my boys. They fitted well and never leaked, highly recommended :)
  • gillian62
    gillian62 Posts: 372 Forumite
    Announcement a few months ago that Kimberly-Clarke are closing their factory in Barton upon Humber, which is where the Huggies are made.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure