Military discount thread (MERGED) Please post all discounts here!

Comments

• Hi my 6yr old daughter is a dependant forces child after her dads death 5 years ago, Id love to take her on holiday abroad this year, can anyone tell me if she is entitled to any discount from the travel companies? And if so how do I prove her entitlement? All I've got is her army pension papers, and her dads mounted medals. I've read somewhere about a dependants card but no idea if this is true?! Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks
  • I've found just asking sometimes gets a discount, but I don't usually say anything about being ex army, or in the army (when I was). Times are so tough, people are just wanting to make a little profit and keep the cash flowing!

Not really a good first post for me I guess, but, we (My company) gives a forces discount. (Camping, Abseiling and Army Surplus stuff). Anyways, it's UKAF2012 as the code and it gives you 10% off.

Gazzle
  • mrsdarbs
    mrsdarbs Posts: 411 Forumite
    peachey35 wrote: »
    Hi my 6yr old daughter is a dependant forces child after her dads death 5 years ago, Id love to take her on holiday abroad this year, can anyone tell me if she is entitled to any discount from the travel companies? And if so how do I prove her entitlement? All I've got is her army pension papers, and her dads mounted medals. I've read somewhere about a dependants card but no idea if this is true?! Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks

Hi
    Thought you could look up Scotty's Little Soldiers - but not sure they do holidays, but might be a good support place?

http://www.facebook.com/scottyslittlesoldiers
  • chumbasmum
    chumbasmum Posts: 159 Forumite
    We were given free entrance to Plymouth aquarium for a family of 4 = £33. Great!
    I have never been able to find out precisely what feminism is: I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat - Rebecca West

Weight loss 2010 - 1/7lbs :rolleyes:
  • Tazni
    Tazni Posts: 69 Forumite
    If you are a member of the Armed forces you can get 10% off purchases at Sweatshop.
    There are several stores around the country, who all provide free gait analysis and help with trainers, clothing, nutrition and sports watches.

Worth a go if you want help with any of your training or fitness, just show your card at the till to recieve the discount
    2012-2013 Deposit target £2663.05/ £3876.74 :j

Holiday Saving Target £400 / £1000
  • As title says Gullivers UK are having a military weekend where the ticket price is £7.50 per person when a valid ID card is shown. This price includes spouses and siblings attending with forces personnel.

http://www.gulliversfun.co.uk/matlock-bath/events/military-weekend-15-sep-to-16-sep-2012.htm
    You got to get through what you've got to go through to get what you want but you got to know what you want to get through what you got to go through.
  • ChuckieD
    ChuckieD Posts: 417 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    peachey35 wrote: »
    Hi my 6yr old daughter is a dependant forces child after her dads death 5 years ago, Id love to take her on holiday abroad this year, can anyone tell me if she is entitled to any discount from the travel companies? And if so how do I prove her entitlement? All I've got is her army pension papers, and her dads mounted medals. I've read somewhere about a dependants card but no idea if this is true?! Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks

http://www.holidays4heroes.org/

So sorry that I didn't see this sooner, hope they can help you. Will send you a PM in case you don't see this.
  • AJS33
    AJS33 Posts: 180 Forumite
    Hi,

Can anyone tell me if First Choice/Thompson give forces dicount?

Thanks

A
  • Buellguy
    Buellguy Posts: 629 Forumite
    according to google - maybe
  • Alias_Omega
    Alias_Omega Posts: 7,912 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Posts #182/183 merged into this thread from the Main Forum.

Regards,

AO
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family