Starting again, 1% at a time. 100 ways to make £80!

Comments

• Fae
    Fae Posts: 664 Forumite
    Hi Little Miss, love the name btw :)
    What a great idea re the percentage, think I may use this myself, does make it seem easier somehow, and congrats on the success so far:T

Fae
    LBM 29/10/2013 £14,218.00 As of 13/04/2014 £6477.00
    Paid 54%
    3 months to go 13 weeks
    DFD 28th August 2014
  • Hi ss3n08 - I used to use Gumtree years ago but it was always very empty. It seems it has picked up quite a bit in the last couple of years! Thanks!

There is some stiff competition on the dog walking front locally! People doing it at all hours, at cost price. Even trained vets with animal first aid qualifications are doing it! As much as I love animals I'm not sure I'm cut out to give mouth to mouth resuscitation to an alsatian. I think I'll just ask my neighbours, friends and family. After all, I only need £80 from it to make my 1%.

Hey Fae, go for it! I set myself a very tough deadline & the only way I could think of managing it is by breaking it up. I've got to do 4% a week to hit my desired debt free date! :eek: Even if I don't make it on the date exactly, I know I'll be close!
  • Bit of a bumper afternoon today. Had my payslip and there's a little extra from working over here and there. Enough for another 1% me thinks!
  • emmaglet
    emmaglet Posts: 1,291 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi Little Miss...

Not sure how you feel about this one, but what about bingo, etc? The ones that are "risk free" or where Quidco etc give you the same amount of money as you wager so you've not lost anything? Obviously some people don't feel too confident about this. I'lm PM you a link to my blog post about them.

I REALLY love your % idea. I'm trying to raise £5000 for uni fees alongside tackling debts and saving for a mini break to treat my Dad and bf. For every £100 I get "extra" I split it into uni, debts and holiday fund. My uni fund is just under £250 having started last week...but I'm definitely thinking of something along these lines for the fund and for my blog. Will have to get my thinking cap on.
    I like to make money
    Best wins: £3,000 luxury holiday, holiday in Cornwall, £250 Murad Skincare hamper, angle grinder

:j Make £10 a day challenger - it pays for trips to Florida! :j
  • Danni-R
    Danni-R Posts: 641 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hey,

I also love the idea! Might try and clear my pesky OD by christmas.

Dont forget if you are selling gold to remove ALL stones. they dont take these into account and you could be selling it for a lot less than its worth.

Good luck!
    [STRIKE]£2200[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£1950[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£1850[/STRIKE] £1600 on my credit card
    £1200 of £6000 Savings
  • Subscribed as this is right up my street.

Come on lets get your list up to 100 things - then I can just print it out and copy it :-).

have you tried royal mail surveys?
    Interest from bank accounts
    boots advantage, nectar points
    complaining (I have done this a couple of times recently, once to kingsmill as I had two or three stale loaves in a row and they sent me a few £s of vouchers) I wouldn't be able to do this if there wasn't a true complaint though!
  • Thanks for the tip Danni-R!

remote_control, hah I love the enthusiasm!!! :p

I would love it if I could make enough in bank interest. I'm probably on track for 80p this year :rotfl:

I've not heard of Royal Mail surveys before, I'll look into it. I know some folks are professional complainers! I've only ever complained when I found an elasto-plast in a bag of salt & vinegar Discos - blergh!

They wrote back said it was "conveyer belt webbing" Likely story!! :D They did send a cheque and said that they hoped I would spend it on more KP products. Haha.

However if anything untoward comes my way, it's good to know your consumer rights!

I might kick off the competitions tonight, I prefer surprises of that kind. Also need to finish that CV too.
  • tattycath
    tattycath Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I've subscribed-I'm hooked and keep coming back for a read. Very motivating!
    Keep up the good work :)
    GE 36 *MFD may 2043
    MFIT-T5 #60 £136,850.30
    Mortgage overpayments 2019 - £285.96
    2020 Jan-£40-feb-£18.28.march-£25
    Christmas savings card 2020 £20/£100
    Emergency savings £100/£500
    12/3/17 175lb - 06/11/2019 152lb
  • Hi LittleMiss,

Hope you don't mind if I borrow this fab idea too, broken down it doesn't seem so daunting.

My debt to be exact is £4,727.2, luckily £2,500 of this is interest free to parents, other being £900 o/d and £1,300 odd left on loan repaid monthly. I'm going to break my down, so at present mine is 100 ways to make £47, put like that sounds easy lets hope this is the case!

I'm off to write a list of ideas on how to achieve this :).

Good luck with your journey.

EH xx
  • Hey tattycath - thanks for subscribing, you'll have to give me the kick in the pants that'll I'll need on occasion!

Everhopeful09 - Great! It's really motivating isn't it! The more the merrier! Don't forget to pay your min payments and save your %'s as well. Else you'll have your interest to pay at the end. Also if you round your % up to £47.50 it'll cover the extra £'s. It's better to have the nice surprise of finishing early than extra to pay at the end.

Let me know how you get on with your list! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure