Job Seekers Allowance whilst Self Employed ??

2»

Comments

• DemiDee
    DemiDee Posts: 524 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    the threads a bit old is it not

Yes, but it's still here, and I imagine that the circumstances are still the same, so I guessed no harm in asking.
  • I have been self employed for many years but am now really struggling. In the last tax year I earned approx' 4K.
    I was wondering the same about being able to claim some sort of financial help. My wife is on a good wage but with me not earning, she has to pay everything that a house and 3 kids come with and she if left with a minus sum every month.
    I feel very inadequate, I have applied for hundreds of jobs to try to compensate for the low earnings of self employment, but being in my late 50s I am finding it very difficult.
    Any serious advice would be very appreciated.
  • The guideline figure, is if jointly, you earn £105 a week, then you will not receive JSA payment. However, you may still qualify for rent and housing benefit. You would claim still claim JSA and it will be either contribution based or income based. From the low amounts that have been shown, that is why I always advise people not to jump into the self employed trap. Thank you for posting the truth and how things are for some of us.
  • Hi my dad works full time self employed contractor his work is regular and is more like full time work. but what i am wondering is my mother has been diagnosed with MS and it is putting a lot of stress on my dad and her.she has just been ask to leave her work as a pharmasist. The doctor wont sign her off to be able to work. I was wondering if you know of anything that could relieve the stress and strain on my dad with regards to benefits or other, they say she cant get DLA but she is always out of energy and stuggles, but she is so stubben she does not give up and i fear she is doing herself harm and so does my dad. Any information and help would be great i reckon my dads on 35 to 40,000 a year at a guess. All i want to do is help my dad out. We are also not very clued up on the system so yeah, any help be great,
    Regards
    Edge2012
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family