PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

hair conditioner

I have a lot of hair conditioner I haven't used. Does anyone know of any other uses for it.

Comments

• Galtizz
    Galtizz Posts: 1,016 Forumite
    Use it as shaving foam.
    When life hands you a lemon, make sure you ask for tequilla and salt ;)
  • honey
    honey Posts: 703 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hello and welcome verynewmoneysaver :wave:

You could use it instead of shaving foam, works a treat on your legs!

I'm sure there will be a lot more fab ideas to follow!

Doh!! you beat me to it Galtizz!!
  • Lillibet_2
    Lillibet_2 Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I have used it on dry hair for frizz control when I've run out of styling product.

Also, would you believe it, works as a buffer on leather shoes (good for holidays etc)
    Post Natal Depression is the worst part of giving birth:p

In England we have Mothering Sunday & Father Christmas, Mothers day & Santa Clause are American merchandising tricks:mad: Demonstrate pride in your heirtage by getting it right please people!
  • sarah1
    sarah1 Posts: 185 Forumite
    We use it for storing paint brushes.
    After they have been cleaned work your conditioner into the bristles well and fold cling film around them so that it is air tight, then when you want to use them again simply rinse off the conditioner and away you go. ;)
  • ChocClare
    ChocClare Posts: 1,475 Forumite
    If you ever have the misfortune to shrink a woollen jumper (or anything else made of wool), then you can "rescue" the shrunken article by filling your washbasin full of barely lukewarm water, adding lots of hair conditioner, immersing the shrunken garment; GENTLY swooshing it about for a minute or so, leaving it about ten minutes and then removing it from the water. DO NOT RINSE. GENTLY pull the garment back into correct shape and size and allow to dry naturally. The hair conditioner relaxes the fibres in the wool which have contracted (shrunk), and drying the jumper naturally without heat keeps the fibres where you have pulled them to. I did this on a Boden jumper which I'd remembered to wash on delicatest of delicates cycle but then stupidly chucked in the tumble dryer. D'oh!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure