NatWest bank charges - Wecot have not replied in 9 months

13»

Comments

• boomclart
    boomclart Posts: 187 Forumite
    edited 17 July 2012 at 11:40PM
    If I'd had a more pressing need to sort it out earlier I would and I've been working on projects in Canada/USA/Dubai/Australia/Czech Reb/Denmark/Holland and probably a few other places I've now forgot about during those 9 months... I just simply don't always have the time to chase such matters up... but now I'm based more at home I have found the time and as I mentioned me an my partner are looking at properties now as the travelling has more or less settled workwise for the foreseeable future
  • boomclart
    Finally have a resolution for the matter plus a random £80 cheque as compensation for the whole period I have been stuck with an unjust default on my account an unable to secure any reasonable credit in the meantime.

hb1JhlNU
  • boomclart
    Had to call Natwest this afternoon as they still haven't updated my credit files and removed the account in full. They were full of apologies and said it will be done today and gone within 5 days.
  • On the back of this a second complaint has been raised today in respect of losses due to the inability to secure finances because of the adverser data reported by NatWest on my credit files.

Inability to secure mortgage for example which has meant ongoing rent payments into someone else's mortgage/back pocket as opposed to my own. They have agreed a paltry £80 compensation as shown in the above posts is unlikely to be sufficient and have passed back to the customer care team to investigate.

This is on the back of them still not successfully updating my credit filed despite the letter above stating they would, they have now completed this today (for apparently the second time) and a manager will be checking it went through correctly without issues on Monday.
  • Equifax report corrected and defaulted information removed.
    Experian and Callcredit files still showing default and NatWest still apologising for 'human errors' now and have sent a second cheque this time for £100.

I've begun seeking legal advice on seeking further compensation for rejected mortgage applications due to the only default on my file, meaning potentially lost money in the region of £8000 paid out in rent for my current accommodation instead of towards my own mortgage.

I don't expect to get anywhere near that total but I expect a lot better than £180 and almost 3 years of my life being put on hold in terms of progressing on the property ladder and instead paying someone else's mortgage because of mis-sold product and human error's.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure