People --- BE AWARE OF RSA E CHOICE...

Comments

• Just to let everyone know... the cheque arrived at my door today. I am relieved to say the least. I have had to wait over three weeks for a refund...

Thanks to all of those on here who have contributed to this thread. I have found it useful and a problem shared is a problem halved etc .

Thanks again guys...
  • adamc260
    adamc260 Posts: 2,055 Forumite
    Safe driving lol :) Think you'll need it =/
  • Just a quick update on this for the benefit of all car owners on this site...

5 months later and this is what I get every time I try to log on to RSA e choice:-

"Sorry, your policy details are unavailable right now – it may take a short while to update your details on our system. Please try again later."

Just to point out.. I am putting the correct details in etc, ( a different message comes up if you insert wrong email address/password)

I have spoken to them on the phone today and they advised me to reset my password... This has not resolved the matter...

I needed to change my policy details as I am having a private plate put on the car and as a result I have had to do it over the phone incurring a £25 charge (would have been less if I had done it online).

Not even going to try and get the money back... I will just happily pay more to be free of this lot at renewal time...

Cheers guys.. as the title says "BE AWARE!"
  • I'm afraid that this poor service is continuing still.

Unaware of this thread, I logged on to confused.com a couple of days ago to get a competitive car insurance quote. They came up with this company. Upon trying to go to the website though, I kept getting nowhere, the site is not functioning properly.

I tried getting to it via cashback websites as well, all of which have some discount deal with the company, but again, I have been getting the "Problem loading page" error.

I suspect that if RSA echoice are as bad while they are still soliciting my business, they will be even worse once I'm ""in the bag". At that point I did a bit of digging online and came up with this thread, which just confirmed my concerns.

I would therefore agree with the initial post, until Echoice gets its act together, the savings are not worth the frustration and poor service and this company is still one to avoid.

It gets a "BUYER BEWARE" from me too.
  • I am very dissatisfied with RSAechoice - and my insurance hasn't even taken effect yet! I decided to change insurer because my renewal quote had gone up considerably, so searched the comparison sites and got the best quote from RSAechoice. I paid one week ago and I still have not been able to log on, in spite of resetting my password. I emailed them to ask why but received a reply telling me to ring them - on a Premium rate number. I tried to find a geographical number on the 'saynoto0870' but found nothing, so I sent them another email requesting an answer by email (as they say they are an Internet company), or a geographical number, or that they should ring me. They did ring, but unfortunately I was out and they left a message telling me ...... to ring them. I sent another email saying I would not use their Premium rate number and repeating what I had already said. I am waiting for an answer (because in spite of their website saying that they operate 24/7, they are only there Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and as they will not communicate by email, it can hardly be called a 24 hour Internet service). I have now decided to use their expensive Premium rate number - to cancel.
  • i too have got insurance with echoice via moneysupermarket.com and im getting the same problems,not good.
  • dollydiva
    dollydiva Posts: 302 Forumite
    Sack the webmaster, I say.
  • Just another warning about RSAechoice I've taken out a motor policy with this company to start in three weeks time.When the certificate of insurance was put on line I found my title for the first time in 77 years had changed from mister to doctor,I phoned them on there premium number only to be told by a very snooty chap it would cost £25 to be put right I declined.Next I sent an email asking could I change it on line for £10 as there site stated and would the premium go up as I was a mister and not a doctor, the reply was I had to use the phone and pay £25 they never mentioned the premium maybe they are saving that to hit me with later.I have since been told with a pull down menu they can sometimes stick and when you go onto the next question if you happen to touch the scroll wheel it can alter what you put on the pull down menu.It looks a good price insurance might be a very expensive insurance so be warned.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Wouldn't worry about it. There's no law against having your title as "doctor".

Not worth paying them anything to change it! (At least you will know who sold your address on if you start getting junk mail addressed to you as "doctor")
  • Rajesh
    Rajesh Posts: 20 Forumite
    I can also concur RSA customer service is rubbish.
    Need a simple answer to a question regarding my policy.
    Trying to avoid calling the 0844 so I emailed last week.
    No reply still.
    Their customer service might as well be a brick wall.
    Also I have a simple detail wrong (will not affect policy) - not going to bother changing it - not worth the £25 hit
    Avoid. Avoid. Avoid. Might be the cheapest on gocompare - not worth the saving.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure