Free Web Site Software

Comments

• Sounds great just can't figure out how to get it lol. Anyone help?
  • you guys should watch the CSS and XHTML markup tutorials at Lynda. I personally use Dreamweaver & Adobe Flash to create my pages but these tutorials will help you with whatever programs you use.

There was a free 7 day Lynda pass posted a few days ago.
  • Hi, I've been told that I need to get Adobe Acrobat free download to receive pdf files, but each time I go on the site they ask for banking details. Can anybody help please.:confused:
  • -TangleFoot-
    -TangleFoot- Posts: 4,673 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Can anybody help please.:confused:
    You need Adobe Reader, not Acrobat.
  • shammyjack
    shammyjack Posts: 2,685 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Adobe Reader is Bloatware and very slow !

Try this for a free PDF reader that is fast and small

http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php

shammy
  • -TangleFoot-
    shammyjack wrote: »
    Try this for a free PDF reader that is fast and small

http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php
    Small and fast it certainly is, but at the moment their download server's a little slow. Updating from version 2.2 to 2.3 took an interminably long time, and I had to restart the process several times before it'd downloaded the whole package.

Aside from that, it's a cracking piece of software.
  • anthf
    anthf Posts: 1 Newbie
    CAN anybody put me in right direction for adobe photoshop or equivalant to build a website.
  • -TangleFoot-
    anthf wrote: »
    ...adobe photoshop or equivalant...
    Photoshop isn't a website creation tool, it's an image editing application. If that's what you're after, try Paint.NET or the GNU Image Manipulation Program.
  • Lt_Sched wrote: »
    Thanks for the info. Might have my first go at building a site then! Any ideas on how secure it is? Cheers again.
    Lt.
    If by secure you mean stable, well, if you have problems with nvu crashing or freezing (I did) there is an unofficial improvement called Kompozer at http://kompozer.net/

It's nowhere near as polished as Frontpage or Dreamweaver but for free is better than some cheap web editing programs. And it's not terribly laden with code so the pages load quite quickly which was noticeable when I still had dialup. I had my site written originally in Frontpage Express then later edited in Word. I remade it in nvu now Kompozer.

For uploading to Webspace I still prefer to use a standalone FTP program like Ipswitch WS_FTP Home. Think I got mine freeby from a PC magazine coverdisc sometime back.
  • Hi I'm a newbie with both websites and this MSE forum - and think it's great!

I found some free FTP software a couple od days ago called CoffeeCup and it seems really easy to install and use. Have any of the rest of you tried it?

I'm off to look at the free website software you recommend now!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure