The Ultimate February Challenge

Comments

• Hi all just checking in as ive been awol (well having a quick lurk to keep motivated). Yesterday was my youngests 6th birthday and we had a day out for me and the 3 children for £20- we opted for the kids special at the cinema (7.00) a bakery pie and cake car picnic (£6) a little treat in the shops each (small toy or accessory) £5 then a £2 donation to a free petting farm and then tea and birthday cake at grannys (free!!!) so it was a lovely day. Maybe not up to everyone else 6th Birthday treat standards but we enjoyed it! Just got to hang on in there now as the end of the month is in sight!
  • Siouxsie32
    Siouxsie32 Posts: 1,987
    First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    edited 24 February 2013 at 7:48PM
    Hugs to PurpleJay and rosiecheeksblossom - sounds like you've had a rough week :(

Abundant, I kinda picture you as the cool uncle! I am an aunt and I'm different from all the other aunts and uncles in that a) there's no uncle :D b) I don't see my lot very often either and c) I bring cool gifts that they can't get where they live. Since you don't get to visit very often, your nephew/niece will get your full attention when you do visit - that also makes you cool! I have all the time in the world to help with homework or listen to the dodgy violin playing because I don't have the normal distractions of my real life. I love having late nights and lazy breakfasts in our PJs while their mum and dad turn a blind eye to the lack of discipline because aunty Siouxsie's here!! Yip, every child needs a cool aunt or uncle - that my friend, is us :cool:

Today was fairly productive. Took back a lamp that was a bit like the leaning tower of Pisa (it was bought during a Mystery Shopping visit so fully reimbursed anyway, but I didn't like it so I got a refund :)). Also took back a pretty useless piece of kit I bought from a hardware store and got a refund there too - £42 back to me for hardly any effort! Managed to list a few things on ebay so hopefully next week I'll have another few £££ to add to the kitty! I also signed up to the NowTV free 30 day trail through Quidco and will earn a cool £12 cashback for watching a few movies. And, last but not least, I visited 3 beauty counters and got little samples of moisturisers as I've completely run out! There's about 2 weeks worth there - I love a freebie :D

My calculation of my wages is an unhappy story. I'll not know for a few more days for sure but I reckon my wages are around £150 less than my outgoings next month :eek: Ebay will help, as will the £42 refund I got today. A bit of kat's whip cracking and I'll get through March with what I have, plus I'll scavenge some extra from somewhere to get the pesky debt down as well!!
  • nannygladys
    nannygladys Posts: 3,050
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Hi everyone, well hope you are all OK, hugs to all who need and well done to those who are achieving their targets, well my confession time is here I guess:(

Yesterday I needed some milk and went to Mr T's which is the nearest SM (not the one I work in though) and as I had just been paid I had money in the bank (I havent any excuses at all, Im just trying to make myself feel better) but I ended up spending £53:eek::eek:in there. It was all on food and most was on fresh veg and fruit along with all my breadmaking stuff to last me next month. Anyway I think the only thing that I bought that I wont use was a bunch of daffs, and they me feel happy so I convinced myself they were for my own wellbeing:). Anyway confession over and roll on March challange. (I could kick myself really and if it was some clothes or similar I think I would be taking it back, it means my OD wont have gone down as much as I would have liked:()

Today was a SFD as Ive been at work all day, and tomorrow will be as well as Im working all day as well. Well off for a lurk on the other boards and I dont feel any better for confessing just very stupid, oh well at least it will all get eaten I suppose.

Jxx
    2024 is going to be a positive year for me, and it's starting now!! 
    Buys: All budgeted and paid by cash!
    Jan - fridge/freezer
              Hoover
    Feb - milk frother, curtain pole x2, roller blind - bathroom, toilet seat, bath sink taps, kitchen sink waste unit and an extra double electric socket.
    March - raised bed for garden, bathroom cabinet, roller blind - kitchen

• Hi gang

Well I've made just over £60 on eBay and I have listed another seven items today so over target for the month. I think I might try and get a few more on before I go to bed.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels guilty about not having loads of days out over half term. My dd is really good with money but does like a splurge every now and then but still keeps hold of some.

It's not just that I can't afford it but also cos I'm working too. I know it's part time but it still ruins a good day out. Got a couple of good trips out already booked and paid for in the summer which we are both really looking forward to.

Hope everyone has had a nice weekend. Can't wait for a sneek preview tomorrow night Kat.
    TOTAL DEBT - £10866.22/£450.06 PAID O/S £10416.16
    CC - £174.69 - The rest is a family loan and other debts which are 0%
    August Grocery Challenge - £0.00/£250.00

• My eBay sales didn't go quite as well as I'd have liked this time, but heyho. Had so many watchers but they never really started bidding (guess if I want more money don't start so low ;). Also lost out on a buy it now option for an old phone as someone bid on it while I was arranging pick up from my house from someone else in my town but he hadn't bought it yet online, so I'm stuck to the auction now. Well, I'm still learning

Had friends round for curry afternoon/night yesterday, but I'm not used to this entertaining anymore, the money spend on it :eek:, the two days preparation and days of cleanup (8 adults, plus as many kids, plus poppadoms and burst balloons everywhere) for a bit of a rushed meal it felt. But it was good to see them and tell them our news. Luckily hubby is off today and will tackle the worst. And at least we got quite a few leftovers as we cooked/bought too much.

Hugs to Purplejay, hope your mum is better today.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • I DID NOT MENTION CHIN PLUCKING!! Cheeky Chops!! :)
    Siouxsie32 wrote: »
    If anyone's interested, they only charge £10 for a chin wax ;)

you gals are headed for a beard that will rival Gandalf's!

I am the chin plucker! Well actually I go for a combination of zapping it with sound waves and electrolissis, a bit more expensive the Siouxsies's suggestion, but it does actually kill the hair, so I need it less and less and hopefully I'll ultimately avoid becoming Gandalf :rotfl:

Anyway enough of that . . . ahem

Purplejay, hope you're recovered from the weekend. Sounds like a very stressful day, but ultimately turned out the best it could.

I moved out of my house on the weekend - with a cold too so was absolutely done in on Saturday. BF did stirling work lifting and carrying - I felt very lucky to have him this weekend. Met the agent just before lunhc and seemd pretty positive. Fingers crossed for a full return of the deposit!
    Total debt: [STRIKE]£9473.62[/STRIKE] £7,384.87 22% PAID
    TAF #25 NSD 8/12 | Food £43.45/£50 | eBay 0/20 | Exercise 5/18
    :T Proud to be Dealing with my Debt :T
    DFD: June 2015
  • I'm hereeee and alive!!!! Just....

Firstly - purple - hugs.

Secondly - I've over spent. This weekend is going to be the last of the spends for the month so i'm here with my confessional.

This month I have cracked a big chunk of the debt off to the tune of £1600. This has only happened through budgeting and scrimping. I know that I had a spendy month but i managed to stay, for the best part, in budget. I earnt approximately £32 extra so it really just was planning and sticking to the budget that meant I could pay that much off.

My confessional.... On sunday I was too hungover to get on eBay. And to make matters worse we got Pizza taking us £26 over the total budget for the month.

And things I have learnt this month:

-It doesn't matter how you dress it is, NSD, SFD, SIAD (Spend it all day!) I can't keep track of them. I just can't. So there.

-Tramps want fags not tea (or maybe that was just mine??)

-Planning a budget makes it easier to stick too

So that's me for the month. Can't wait for the next challenge to bring us one step closer to DFD and A HOLIDAY!! :j:j:j:j

• And things I have learnt this month:

-It doesn't matter how you dress it is, NSD, SFD, SIAD (Spend it all day!) I can't keep track of them. I just can't. So there.

Me neither! :p
  • -It doesn't matter how you dress it is, NSD, SFD, SIAD (Spend it all day!) I can't keep track of them. I just can't. So there.

If it helps, I colour the day pink on my spreadsheet (don't know why pink, friendlier but as eye catching at red?!) and also number them. Otherwise I'd have no idea where I was either.
    Total debt: [STRIKE]£9473.62[/STRIKE] £7,384.87 22% PAID
    TAF #25 NSD 8/12 | Food £43.45/£50 | eBay 0/20 | Exercise 5/18
    :T Proud to be Dealing with my Debt :T
    DFD: June 2015
  • Hello Chickadees.

Did I just blink and miss that weekend.

I spent Saturday night at work, slept for preciselty 3.5 hours before the Dalmation started howling and woke me up, straight to a 1 year olds birthday party, viewed a house that was nearby, helped pack up said Birthday Party, came home shattered, slept very well with the moggy as a pillow ( fluffly and vibrating - lol )... checked dress and coat into laundrette for repairs and dry-cleaning and voila - £56 on the credit card! NOT HAPPY!!!!:mad:

Starting to realise how expensive this Ball is going to be. I should have stuck to my guns and said NO from the very beginning. SO far with the dress and the ticket it has cost me a whopping £240. I know we are meeting HRH Princess Anne, and we won't do this very often but my goodness am I going to eBay that dress now...It will be something to tell the Grandkiddies though.

Anyway.. I am sat at work until 1930. I have printed out an A4 page with the days ready to be filled in. I have requested overtime on 7 of the 10 weekend days in March so at one point this month I will be working a straight 22 days with 1 day off booked with free tickets to the Ideal Home Show. Other than this I have to book in the girlfriend I dodged this month for her Birthday dinner.

Beat that for dedication!!!

I will be whip cracking in March. I need it. I also need to get pennies together for my holiday and I am starting to panic. SO I AM TAKING YOU WITH ME. Yes it will be hard but everyone including myself has slacked off this month and its times to get back on IT!!! :T:T:T

So I looked at that house again and have decided to take it. She is removing the bed so I can take mine with me ( storage capacity underneath ) and just needs to verify that moggy is okay to move in and we are good to go. She needs £475 + £60 admin fee ( will be questioning this ) and will hold the place until I can move on the 1st April. So I MUST have the money ready for her and for my holidays - there is no way around this...

I shall be calculating food expenditure / CC payments ( paid for my brothers flight to see me next month and the dress ), and the basic on which I have to live. There will be another eBay challenge and I am really going to expect people to get rid of a lot of stuff. Its time to get super ruthless.

So I hope you are ready for whats coming your way. As much as I love helping homeless folk - its being outlawed in March! Every penny for himself and YOU need to save it!!!

So this is what I will work on today and tomorrow. I am planning to have it up and running by tomorrow possible lunchtime. I am away at the weekend ( work weekend, all travel and food / lodgings supplied ) so there will be minimal time for me to update. I will add instructions though..:rotfl:

Onwards and Upwards!!!
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure