Monday 25th Feb - What small DFW things will you do today?

bt1
bt1 Posts: 443
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Forumite
edited 25 February 2013 at 6:10PM in Debt-free wannabe
When we start out on the DFW trail we do loads of "big stuff" that makes quite a difference to our situation. These include having our lightbulb moment, cutting up the credit cards and cancelling Sky and the gym.

But once we have done the bigger stuff, we often feel that we are not making the same amount of progress, when in fact the small steps are helping us form good financial habits and helping us get closer everyday to staying in control and becoming debt free, or staying debt free.

Examples could be hanging washing out instead of using the tumble dryer or leaving your purse/wallet at home to avoid the risk of spending.

So be proud of those small steps, they really are important :money:

Morning everyone :wave: Hope you all had a good weekend :D

Just a small one from me today...
  • Check bank - direct debit for ipad sim should of come out done
  • Update app done
  • Have got lunch from home and lots of fruit done
  • Drink lots of water done
  • Stay in at lunch done
  • NSD done

Quite pleased with my efforts today another NSD (#13 for Feb:T) now to head home to put the washing away! Arghhhhh!!!! Lol

Tonight:
  • Put washing away (I hate this job!!)
  • Quick tidy about
  • Make lunch for tomorrow
  • Check mums card to make sure 0% transfer is completed
  • Start a meal plan template for next week

Only 5 more sleeps until the weekend :p

Comments

• katy_ann
    katy_ann Posts: 1,088
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Morning BT1, thanks for starting us, hope you have a good day! My list for today as follows;
    • NSD out my weekly money
    • Work 9-5 and then 1 hour overtime 5-6
    • Asda after work for a few supplies
    • Drink free water and bring own squash at work
    • Check bank account - Done
    • Make money, not spend it!
    Have a good day all x
    Debt free once - Back again | Current debt: £3002.96 - January 2023 | Currently repaying £50 a month - Estimated DFD Jan 2028 | Make £2023 in 2023 #51 - £33.75/£2023
  • Morning guys :wave: thanks for starting us off bt1 :D

My things for the day:

* check banking
    * check cc
    * get payroll to change my bank acc
    * change 2 dds to the above account
    * get photos and send off driving licence renewal
    * all meals from stores. Lunch very disjointed affair as just trying to use up items from the fridge! Dinner will be soup & crumpets
    * borrow sack barrow so we can put fridge in kitchen :j (currently in lounge!)
    * update housekeeping diary re stoozing details
    * check onepoll
    * paint a door tonight & iron on edging strips around plinth
    * get some food from the freezer in the shed and put in the freezer in kitchen
    * sewing group tonight - hopefully will finish off my dress :T

ok think my list is wildly optimistic in terms of what time I actually have! Have a great day x
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    BT1 - I hate putting washing away too. Why is that? It just seems like such a boring task. The day someone invents auto fluffing and folding and packing away clothes, I will be first in line!

Determinded New MS - You have 2 freezers?? I cant believe it, but I am actually jealous. You must be able to fit in so many bargains and leftovers, amazing!

So....OH got paid today, and we have made a lump sum repayment of £700 off our 3rd credit card. Its not quite the full £834 I was hoping for, but there was too much month at the end of our money.

I get paid myself in a week and am hoping I can chip away further at that sum then. The slightly annoying thing in all of this is the min payments game. So, although our hope is to pay off the CCs in order of size, because they are now all on 0% anyway, the size of the min payment on the biggest (card 1) means we cant make such a huge dent on CC2, which is next in our minds in terms of priority. Min payments on CC1 and 2 combined is £166 this month. We were lucky last month because I'd just shuffled the decks when going onto new 0% deals, so we kind of had a month off the largest amount because it was paid by the old credit card if that makes sense.

Anyway! Todays activities. This is the start of my 'weekend' so Im home with my 4y/o and we are meeting a friend at the swings (flask at the ready) I need to defrost some chicken portions for dinner tonight. Think I will do jerk chicken with rice,peas and beans again, as we all enjoy that one.

Its so cold today that think we might just be hunkering down at home after our playdate so that is MS in itself.

Have a great day everyone.

Bob
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • MinnieMousesMummy
    MinnieMousesMummy Posts: 1,451
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 25 February 2013 at 8:15PM
    Good morning everyone. Its a sunny day here but still very cold.

My list for today:
    • [STRIKE]Quick shower[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Make packed lunch for ds[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]School/Childminder runs (3 trips today as dd finishes at lunchtime)[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Take dd for a walk[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]All meals from stores - pizza for dinner [/STRIKE]- Pizza put into the freezer and I treated myself to a take away, as both kids had dinner at friends
    • [STRIKE]Renew library books to avoid late fines[/STRIKE]
    • Do freelance work that is in for today and look for new freelance projects Work in Progress
    • [STRIKE]Do some of ironing pile[/STRIKE]
    • Collect up washing and do full loads Work in Progress
    • [STRIKE]Sort list for tomorrow as need to keep myself busy[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Help ds with his homework[/STRIKE]
    • Tidy the living room
    • [STRIKE]Get kids bathed and off to bed at a reasonable time[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Make banana scones to use up bananas that are almost ready for the bin[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Pay some money off loan[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Check bank[/STRIKE]
    • Do some course work
    • Sort through dd's cupboard and remove small clothes
    • Clear and wipe the dining table
    • [STRIKE]LSD - need to get electric for the meter[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Clean and tidy kitchen[/STRIKE]
    I think that is everything for today sorry for my long list but trying to keep myself motivated at the moment. Well I guess that I better get into gear and get started.
  • josiebabie
    josiebabie Posts: 1,224
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Morning everyone! :j

Didn't set alarm last night so was up late this morning! Well technically I did set it, then forgot I set it and switched it off again accidentally!

This is me today:
    - Checked banking
    - 1 purge sale opportunity
    - 1 service plan opportunity
    - Hang washing on airer
    - Car share to netball, take own water
    - NSD
    - Finish budget for Feb-Mar now I know BT has been done
    - B/L/D from stores
    - Make the most of an empty diary of work

Jx
    Nothing to report as yet...give me a minute...!
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 25 February 2013 at 11:01AM
    Good Morning my lovelies

bt1 - Thanks for starting us off, and I'm with you on the "5 more sleeps until the weekend"

Hi :wave:to all the regulars and lurkers and a BIG welcome to all the newbies, this is a really FAB thread with so many lovely, caring, considerate and supportive people - and I am proud to call them my friends.

Woke up feeling extremely down again, just cant seem to shake the "black dog" at the min so not going to pressure myself too much. Today's small things (sorry its so boring ...) :

Check Banks - Done
    Check swapits - Done
    Check www.freepostcodelottery.com -
    Pay Cheque into Bank - Done (my £100 win)
    Holland & Barrett - Done, got what Dr recommends
    General Tidy up - Done
    Packed lunch for OH & LO - Done
    Work (11.30-2.00 & meet new manager) -
    Shop with list -
    Up to date on main email account -
    Surveys -
    Update Food Tracker - In progress
    Meals from stores -
    Enter a few comps -
    Read/knit - In progress

Hope you have all had a great day, love to you all.

C xx
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 17/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• mummybearx
    mummybearx Posts: 1,921 Forumite
    :rotfl:4 more sleeps til the weekend!!

Weekend starts on Friday at 5pm :rotfl:

Nothing much planned for today. Aiming for NSD, that's about it really.
    Hoping to read more of my book tonight, had a busy weekend and would like to just relax.
    Need to look for more ideas for making a keepsake box for a friend. She want's somewhere to put her daughters first babygro, first pair of shoes etc. Never made anything like that before, need ideas!

Have a good day y'all! x
    Can't think of anything smart to put here...
  • The_Boss
    The_Boss Posts: 5,849
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Payday is on Thursday. I still had just ovet £200 left in my account so have been able to make an extra extra payment to my balance transfer card (if that makes sense). Have left myself with £100 which I will aim to spend little of so I can make an extra extra exyra payment on payday too.
  • Karb
    Karb Posts: 853
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Morning everyone. Thanks bt1 for starting the thread. Hugs to ziggy and anyone else who needs them

Weighed in this morning, and no change from last week. I did have a bit of a blow out at the weekend while the kids were round - we went for fish & chips on Friday night, but as its my first take away of the year, I think I've done pretty well to last that long.

The problem, when I have the kids round, is that I tend to eat what they want to eat, which isn't usually as healthy as I would normally have if it was just me to think about. Also, now that DS1 has turned 18, we'll have a few beers together too.

18p left in the February grocery budget, so effectively it means I need four consecutive NSDs. I've got enough breakfast cereal, and enough in the freezer to cover my evening meals, but I'm definitely going to have to be a bit creative with my lunches this week! :D

Managed without putting the heating on this morning. I struggled to get up this morning, and reckoned that by the time the house had heated up properly, I'd be leaving for work anyway so just didnt bother. I've walked to the station again so no petrol usage too.
    Debt free since December 2015. It can be done

• mrsdee
    mrsdee Posts: 555 Forumite
    hey everyone. hope you are all ok!
    got my haircut at weekend - I just have a (cheaper) wet cut as it's very short and I resent paying someone a load more money to dry my hair (esp when I just hop in the shower when I get home anyway!!)

For today :

breakfast at home
    brought in lunch from home (sandwiches and fruit - not v exciting!)
    DH and DSS out tonight so will be cheap dinner tonight - going to use up peppers mushrooms and onions and have with couscous from cupboard - if any leftovers will have for lunch tomorrow
    charging phones at work
    making most of free tea/coffee/hot chocolate at work
    have worked out budget for next month and should be able to get rid of overdraft by end of the month AND have some money put into savings for bills - yay!!
    have done meal plan for this week making use of what's in cupboards/freezer
    will make some more pizza dough this evening and freeze it - made some pizzas yesterday and it was great just being able to use dough from freezer!!
    definitely trying to eat less meat, and more veggie so will look up some interesting recipes this evening.....

have a good day everyone!
    Sick and tired of waking up sick and tired...
    Debt-free, now focussing on being mortgage-free
    MORTGAGE : [STRIKE]Dec 2012 £133,602[/STRIKE]. Dec 2013 £114,092.47 July 2015 £85654
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure