I need a 6-point 22mm Ring Spanner

Wig
Wig Posts: 14,139 Forumite
Can anyone help?

12 point no good, I fear it might slip.

6 point socket no good, except open socket for injectors and the like might be ok, but I think they are too expensive, unless you can buy them seperate...<goes to check>.... Hmmmmm some of these prices aren't too bad, maybe it will do.

ebay link

Comments

• ohreally
    ohreally Posts: 7,525 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    What about a 22mm impact socket? 6 point and thick walled.

Edit: just noticed your looking for an open socket.
    Don’t be a can’t, be a can.
  • steveo3002
    steveo3002 Posts: 2,731 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    dont see many 6 sided ring spanners

could try searching for line wrench or flarenut wrenches , theyre almost a full ring but with a cut out for pipes
  • MX5huggy
    MX5huggy Posts: 6,850 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    How about one of those spanners/sockets that work on the flats? I forget the brand some one else will know. But not cheep.
  • steveo3002
    steveo3002 Posts: 2,731 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    whats the job you are doing

is it already rounded so you fear a 12point will slip?
  • epninety
    epninety Posts: 563 Forumite
    Can't suggest a six point ring spanner, even slogging spanners tend to be 12 point on the small sizes.

Craftsman make 6 point combinations, but mainly a US brand.

Wall drive seems the way to go, maybe Facom OGV?
    Kennedy KEN5823220K is a wall drive 22m combination spanner. 11.43 inc. from Cromwell Tools

Alternatively the Metrinch types can be good, but it's a bit of a lottery if it's tight or loose on the particular size you want.
  • Wig
    Wig Posts: 14,139 Forumite
    It's an oxygen sensor.

I think a walldrive-ring or an open socket would be best. 22mm 6 point ring probably does not exist.

Thanks for the suggestions.
  • epninety
    epninety Posts: 563 Forumite
    Ahh, why didn't you say ? :rolleyes: You can get special sockets for them...

e.g. http://www.justoffbase.co.uk/22mm-3-8-Square-Drive-Lambda-Sensor-Socket-55540-Draper-DT-OXY

However, the sensor body is pretty tough, boss (the bit on the exhaust it screws into) is usually stainless steel, and they are supposed to be fitted with anti-sieze... I used to harvest them for the DIY-EFI crowd (Yep, homemade fuel injection :cool:) from scrapyards, and very few gave me any trouble. A good quality 22m open ended spanner and a sharp smack with a deadblow got most of them out. I did pick and choose cars where it was easy to get to though ;)

Just spotted the last one on this page http://www.cats-direct-shop.co.uk/lambda-sensors.php
    Looks a winner to me - I'd buy one... if I owned anything that ran on petrol at the moment.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure