Comments

• Mega_Maniac
    Mega_Maniac Posts: 87 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    01 Feb 2012 Payment received 55.75
    17 Jan 2012 Payment received 155.65
    13 Oct 2011 Payment received 155.18
    11 July 2011 Payment received 49.74

I make that an 7/8 month stay over one partial winter period total estimated & paid was £416.32 or £52.04pm or £12 per week average. I suggest you get a look at the contract of lease on the flat and discover precisely how many weeks [your start and end dates are vague] of energy supply you were contracted for and divide into £416.32.

Sorry friend, you've fallen for the same old same old .. .. no diligence doing your own precise readings, particularly the start & finish date & registers.

Yea, as I said before this was all pretty new to us as it was our first flat by ourselves.

I understand that things would be a whole load simpler if we had done everything properly, but we just weren't well enough informed at the time.

And yea, there is a date discrepancy there from the "6months" I have been talking about, but we used the 6 month break clause in our tenancy agreement so I'm fairly sure that how long we were there.

The discrepancy isnt particularly important in the case of the advice I was seeking here, but obviously will be when it comes to talking to BG.
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,036 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler

The discrepancy isnt particularly important in the case of the advice I was seeking here, but obviously will be when it comes to talking to BG.

I suspect BG will not be interested or get involved in a 'third person' dispute.
  • superbigal36
    superbigal36 Posts: 734 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    BG would surely never have issued a final account without an actual reading.
    You must find out when the reading that is on your bill was taken.
    I guess that is being used as your date of exit.
    Presumably a year with the next tenant not even paying a single bill.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure